Covid-19: 'Major incident' declared by London Mayor Sadiq Khan

Started by Borchester, January 09, 2021, 12:24:37 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on January 10, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
I was working at LCY airport from March til October and the number of people not complying to the rules in the East End was ridiculous. The vast majority were ethnic minorities, which is bizarre in its self as they are the ones most at risk. They should bring in a law, no mask, no service.

The ethnic question is one I have asked without any sort of reasonable reply . Why are ethnics 'more' vulnerable to catching it ?  The numbers only suggest that is the case if social behaviour is the same as the white population . As you suggest Nick and something I have put forward in discussion  , its not .  They are as far as I can see not more vulnerable because they are BAME but because of their  actions .

Its no wonder London has seen a spike . We wont get out of this until people start acting responsibly and given the way some are carrying on we have some way to go yet .

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 04:47:38 PM
^^^
The have been — they've also glammed up a bit in their pics for their entry into celebrity...
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-fine-two-friends-walking-19592877

They've also complained about being intimidated by the police. Another costly investigation for the woke.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 03:01:34 PM
Uncharacteristically, Khan has acted usefully and declared Covid in London a Major Incident because the government has been too slow to acknowledge that Covid spreads when people travel, congregate, and mix. It acted foolishly by allowing a relaxation of the rules over Christmas, and not rescinding the concession completely when it understood the danger.
Now govt is acquiescing to medical and scientific advice and allowing the message that, in effect, we should all self isolate and venture outside as little as possible.
Such idiotic behaviour as driving 5 miles to go for a walk and stopping for a cup of tea deserves to be penalised and ridiculed...

I was working at LCY airport from March til October and the number of people not complying to the rules in the East End was ridiculous. The vast majority were ethnic minorities, which is bizarre in its self as they are the ones most at risk. They should bring in a law, no mask, no service.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 03:01:34 PM

Such idiotic behaviour as driving 5 miles to go for a walk and stopping for a cup of tea deserves to be penalised and ridiculed...

People who do it should be named and shamed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Uncharacteristically, Khan has acted usefully and declared Covid in London a Major Incident because the government has been too slow to acknowledge that Covid spreads when people travel, congregate, and mix. It acted foolishly by allowing a relaxation of the rules over Christmas, and not rescinding the concession completely when it understood the danger.
Now govt is acquiescing to medical and scientific advice and allowing the message that, in effect, we should all self isolate and venture outside as little as possible.
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 09, 2021, 12:24:37 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163 

,  Saddo is a pathetic little sod. Only happy when he is banning something or passing the buck.

Mod edit Crom

In that photo he looks like he's caught it himself ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on January 09, 2021, 12:39:13 PM
Yeah, but he lives in Earlsfield. I will have to go miles if I want to breathe all over him.
I am thinking it is all a cunning plan, makes Smurfys retirement mansion in Cornwall worth a fortune and we pack him off to France, winner. winner Chicken dinner, as we know he cannot resist a fat property profit.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I'm not surprised there is an emergency. Ambulance staff look as if they are being hamstringed by equipment and items blocking their view. Who could do a job under those limitations?

† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: Borchester on January 09, 2021, 12:24:37 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163  Saddo is a pathetic little sod. Only happy when he is banning something or passing the buck.

Yeah, but he lives in Earlsfield. I will have to go miles if I want to breathe all over him.
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Look on the brightside Borchester, the way it is going with people trying to escape London, it will be just you and him left.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55588163 

,  Saddo is a pathetic little sod. Only happy when he is banning something or passing the buck.

Mod edit Crom
Algerie Francais !