If Trump does not complete his term...

Started by Barry, January 13, 2021, 08:10:59 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on January 14, 2021, 12:22:03 AM
Not sure on the rules, do all ex presidents get a life time of protection after their terms?
Could be interesting if not.

That is a good one. An impeached president get the protection provided he is not convicted. So Trump should be ok provided he can keep at least 17 senators on his side.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Not sure on the rules, do all ex presidents get a life time of protection after their terms?
Could be interesting if not.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

He has been impeached or at least by the House.

The Senate does not meet until 19 January and impeachment there requires 67 votes. And the chances of 17 Republican senators voting against the Donald seem a bit iffy, but you never can tell.  :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-55645957
Algerie Francais !

Barry

He has been impeached for a second time.
Looks like they may try to fast track the case.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I have just seen a report that Trump will be impeached but that it can't happen until after he is out of office. Can he pardon himself before the trial? I bet he's hopping up and down with fury. He looks as though he might be in for an almighty fall it almost makes me feel sorry for him.

Ivanka sees herself as a future President - this might end her desires. It might have been fun to have a head to head with Ivanka and Meghan!

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 13, 2021, 10:13:13 PM
Ive heard after his visit to the wall  hes holed himself up in the Alamo . 

If he gets the push before his time ,though I think Toots is right in saying there isnt enough time , there will no doubt be some retaliation from his supporters .

Its not going to end well whatever happens , the USA looks like its being run by the worlds worst politicians though Im sure there must be a couple of good ones in there somewhere who will get to grips with the madness

I read somewhere that his supporters are organising 'demonstrations' in several states either on or before Biden's inauguration. It could be the start of a real mess over there.

Streetwalker

Ive heard after his visit to the wall  hes holed himself up in the Alamo . 

If he gets the push before his time ,though I think Toots is right in saying there isnt enough time , there will no doubt be some retaliation from his supporters .

Its not going to end well whatever happens , the USA looks like its being run by the worlds worst politicians though Im sure there must be a couple of good ones in there somewhere who will get to grips with the madness

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 13, 2021, 08:10:59 PM
... it will be a prediction come true for Hyperduck Quack Quack.
So I do hope he hangs on till the 20th.

Impeached twice might be a record he does not want to hold.

Am I mistaken in thinking that Trump cannot be removed in time? Doesn't impeachment take too long or am I mixing it up with something else?  I can't see him walking out on his own although people are ditching all around.

Barry

... it will be a prediction come true for Hyperduck Quack Quack.
So I do hope he hangs on till the 20th.

Impeached twice might be a record he does not want to hold.
† The end is nigh †