UK heads for double-dip recession as GDP falls 2.6%

Started by Dynamis, January 15, 2021, 07:34:50 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 08:30:12 AM
You have a thing for misinterpreting all or most of my posts then getting pretty angry about it, if you think I'm  deceptively spinning what OP meant to try and now appease you then I'd point you to my more extreme posts and remind you how oittle I care for appeasing anyone on here.

Hyperduck describes me as a '"disruptivist" who's every post is an attempt to spin, point score, gloat, as does pat, as does sheeps and probably most others here, that it's all mind games. You too it seems.

If you want to think that you can and I don't care one way or the other.

im not angry dynamis.

I get more heated cleaning out my sock drawer than i do reading your posts.

Its a pleasure tweaking the noses of every single brit lefty i can find.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2021, 08:24:10 AM
just sounds like gobblygook to be honest dyno.

If you dont want to sound like some gloating brit lefty trying to political point score , then perhaps choose your words more carefully.

You have a thing for misinterpreting all or most of my posts then getting pretty angry about it, if you think I'm  deceptively spinning what OP meant to try and now appease you then I'd point you to my more extreme posts and remind you how oittle I care for appeasing anyone on here.

Hyperduck describes me as a '"disruptivist" who's every post is an attempt to spin, point score, gloat, as does pat, as does sheeps and probably most others here, that it's all mind games. You too it seems.

If you want to think that you can and I don't care one way or the other.

+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 08:22:03 AM
Ah well, sorry to hear that for what it's worth, but that was sort of the point in my op.. the opposite of 'told ya so' which you've misinterpreted or deceptively edited into meaning the opposite as if I was cryptically hinting that my posts means the exact opposite to what it states. It didn't, it meant what it said on the tin.

Just the opposite.

just sounds like gobblygook to be honest dyno.

If you dont want to sound like some gloating brit lefty trying to political point score , then perhaps choose your words more carefully.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2021, 07:52:13 AM
I have ran a small business with 6 employees for 14 years  , and up to last march my business had grown and grown every single year.

Ah well, sorry to hear that for what it's worth, but that was sort of the point in my op.. the opposite of 'told ya so' which you've misinterpreted or deceptively edited into meaning the opposite as if I was cryptically hinting that my posts means the exact opposite to what it states. It didn't, it meant what it said on the tin.

QuoteSince then , savings have been depeleted , we have been using furlough payments to pay staff , bounce back loans and government help , and this is a reason to say i told ya so?

Just the opposite.
+++

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 15, 2021, 08:17:03 AM
I don't think I know what a "double dip" recession is and how it varies from a "single dip" although the images these words bring up is bungee jumping chancellor's...

What I do know is the economy tanked 2.6% in November all be thanks to COVID House Arrest UK wide and that all talk of the economy is pointless seeing as we don't have one

couldnt agree more john , but it wont stop the british left and these labour party worms trying to make political capital out of it.

Of course we all know the mess labour and the left make of the economy when they govern in the sunshine of an economic boom handed to them on a plate from  the tories , never mind trying to work their way through something as catastrophic as covid.

I dread to think the mess labour and captain hindsight would be making of things at present.

Is the labour run economy of wales booming at the minute john?

How are things in the labour run utopia of drakeford and co? Magic money trees everywhere and a land of plenty i assume? ;D :D Puke

johnofgwent

I don't think I know what a "double dip" recession is and how it varies from a "single dip" although the images these words bring up is bungee jumping chancellor's...

What I do know is the economy tanked 2.6% in November all be thanks to COVID House Arrest UK wide and that all talk of the economy is pointless seeing as we don't have one
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 15, 2021, 07:34:50 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/15/uk-heads-for-double-dip-recession-as-gdp-falls-26

Well whatever happens, hopefully it'll be a brief recession. No reason to hope or pray for the worst just to ultra-inflate my ego with "told ya so"'s, or prove some obscure political point/argument/ideology when things go wrong, as it represents pure misery for millions.

As usual I just hope the govt does the right thing, at least Sunak despite being pretty corrupt seems a little more competent economically than men like Philip Hammond..

Told ya so about what dyno?

Is this some illusive reference to brexit ?

We are in a bad recession purely and utterly down to covid 19. Locking down uk countires , massively restricting trade and business , stopping cash laden shoppers spending by closing down shops  , and then further making them hesitate spending online with all the doom and gloom , knocking consumer confidence is a reason to say told ya so?

So i take it kate forbes , along with sunak , is also financially incompetent compared to drips like hammond , along with many other politicians around the world?

If only annaliese dodds and the anglo left were in power , they would show us how to deal with covid 19 eh?

Oh no wait , how is the labour party run welsh economy doing with covid?

You know the country that labour have run since the formation of devolution in 1999 , nearly 22 years , and on average has the worst economy of any nation within the uk ?

Sunak and forbes are doing a fairly decent job despite all the issues they are facing. The uk and scottish governments have been fantastic at helping small and medium business , as well as paying ordinary workers furlough wages so im not sure what you are actually on about.

You know dyno i wish i was as clued up as you.

I would never have guessed these restrictive covid measures would have this effect. I have ran a small business with 6 employees for 14 years  , and up to last march my business had grown and grown every single year.

Since then , savings have been depeleted , we have been using furlough payments to pay staff , bounce back loans and government help , and this is a reason to say i told ya so?

Dont let a crises like covid 19 stop you trying to pathetically score weak and inept political points dyno eh?

Keep it up , my contempt for the anglo brit left grows daily . as ever , when all hands are needed on deck , the brit left are stabbing you in the back. >:(

Borg Refinery

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jan/15/uk-heads-for-double-dip-recession-as-gdp-falls-26

Well whatever happens, hopefully it'll be a brief recession. No reason to hope or pray for the worst just to ultra-inflate my ego with "told ya so"'s, or prove some obscure political point/argument/ideology when things go wrong, as it represents pure misery for millions.

As usual I just hope the govt does the right thing, at least Sunak despite being pretty corrupt seems a little more competent economically than men like Philip Hammond..

This is a bit shallow and more research is needed so I'll come back to this one at some point.
+++