Farage ; border crises in northern ireland

Started by Thomas, February 10, 2021, 07:46:11 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: patman post on March 05, 2021, 02:07:20 PMthey've killed for their beliefs.

Their beliefs have not been their beliefs for a long long time, it's been about money for decades. Blow a few things up here, kill a couple of UDR there to keep the boys in Boston happy $$, but drugs and prostitution has been their core business for years. When the SI economy went ballistic the PIRA were told to wind it up and not jeopardise investment, peace had nothing to do with it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on March 05, 2021, 02:12:27 PM
What spite? the usual daily dose of it.

Exactly.

We need a mainland referendum on Northern Ireland

Should Northern Ireland be allowed to remain part of the UK

(a) No

(b) You can tick this box but only votes for (a) will be counted
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on March 05, 2021, 02:07:20 PM
What spite? And against who? Both the Loyalists and Nationalist insist Northern Ireland is special — they've killed for their beliefs.
Since [size=78%]a peace agreement came into effect and the border was open, and there was no barriers between Ireland and the "mainland", there's more or less been peace.[/size]
Once Johnson's govt signed an agreement with the EU that was similar May's proposal that he'd previously rubbished, he had limited time to make it work in the eyes of all those who have a stake in the Good Friday Agreement. Bailing out of signed and sealed agreements is not the way.   
It's for Johnson to take the initiative to solve, not Brussels, not Dublin, not Washington...
What spite? the usual daily dose of it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

What spite? And against who? Both the Loyalists and Nationalist insist Northern Ireland is special — they've killed for their beliefs.
Since a peace agreement came into effect and the border was open, and there was no barriers between Ireland and the "mainland", there's more or less been peace.
Once Johnson's govt signed an agreement with the EU that was similar May's proposal that he'd previously rubbished, he had limited time to make it work in the eyes of all those who have a stake in the Good Friday Agreement. Bailing out of signed and sealed agreements is not the way.   
It's for Johnson to take the initiative to solve, not Brussels, not Dublin, not Washington...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on February 11, 2021, 09:53:15 AM
Tensions rising in northern ireland as unionists calling johnson a traitor.

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1359563114954567680
But then it is all about remain revenge perpetuated by their Brussels masters.
Not like we didn't constantly warn them about the politics of spite.

Thomas

Tensions rising in northern ireland as unionists calling johnson a traitor.

Amazing footage. People in NI are livid at Boris Johnson - one calls him a "traitor". They see him promising no sea border, then installing one and denying it. Tensions are rising.

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1359563114954567680
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on February 11, 2021, 12:09:31 AM
)

As a rider to all this, will it bother Ms Sturgeon? I have heard that she is nuts on the EU and is massively beloved by her fellow Scots. If she comes out on the side of Brussels over this, will it increase or decrease her hold on the affections of her country men and women?

Well you know the answer to this borkie  , dont you?

You keep telling us all you dont give a fig for the "celtic " nations and their nationalism , which is fair enough , then you go on to muse about how certain political issues will affect the fortunes of those trying to end your union.

Look , im telling you now as someone who was mildly pro eu , but as you know not over enthusiastic  , and not happy about things i have seen....scotland is pro eu without a doubt. Further , last polls i saw had support for the eu around 70% , and sturgeon coming out on brussells side is a clear vote winner for her.

On top of that , i have been pointing out now for four years how we were told brexit was a uk ( and gibraltar) vote and the uk had to leave....clearly that isnt the case as both your current tory leader , and the previous one , shat themselves and handed northern ireland over to the eu . This is clealr y what farage and paisley are insinuating in the video.

So the fact scotland had the highest remain vote , 62% , a massive majority , but didnt get what we voted for while england wales and northern ireland all got what they voted for in 2016 is clearly causing much anger and severe resentment.

Whatever i think of strugeon , her clique , the eu and all the rest , have no doubt i will be holding my nose and voting for the snp and pro indy parties from now till the day independence happens.

A few handbags internally among the snp and wider yes movement isnt going to stop scottish indy.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on February 11, 2021, 12:09:31 AM
Mmh, a bit iffy.

Boris is on a roll right now and fettling the EU won't do him any harm at all. That said, I don't think that there are many mainlanders who give much of a toss about Ulster. Still, with the flu winding down and Brexit largely settled, we can do with a bit of excitement  :)

As a rider to all this, will it bother Ms Sturgeon? I have heard that she is nuts on the EU and is massively beloved by her fellow Scots. If she comes out on the side of Brussels over this, will it increase or decrease her hold on the affections of her country men and women?

Are the EU in the mood for another Border issue? Scotland don't want the Euro and think they can adopt the pound at the drop of a hat, which they can of course: But it means they will have no control over the rates that surround the pound. The B of E will set rates that suit the U.K., if Scotland's inflation is raging and requires lower interest rates tough, if that doesn't suit the U.K., or what ever we will be called minus Scotland they will have to deal with it on the world currency markets.

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2021, 11:58:39 PM
And if that doesn't show that the priority of the EU is to punish the U.K. I don't know what does.
What we need to do is call their bluff, return the U.K. to its previous open state and say to the EU: Close your border if you wish, we ain't going to.
They've already said there are Garda on the borders blocking free movement, this is only going in one direction and that is SI/EU putting up a hard border.
Can't wait for Gerry's comments.
You mean Gerry the EU's spokesperson in Dublin, he has to wait for orders from Brussels, who basically manage to bore the feck out of myself.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on February 10, 2021, 11:58:39 PM
And if that doesn't show that the priority of the EU is to punish the U.K. I don't know what does.
What we need to do is call their bluff, return the U.K. to its previous open state and say to the EU: Close your border if you wish, we ain't going to.
They've already said there are Garda on the borders blocking free movement, this is only going in one direction and that is SI/EU putting up a hard border.

Mmh, a bit iffy.

Boris is on a roll right now and fettling the EU won't do him any harm at all. That said, I don't think that there are many mainlanders who give much of a toss about Ulster. Still, with the flu winding down and Brexit largely settled, we can do with a bit of excitement  :)

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on February 10, 2021, 07:46:11 PM
https://youtu.be/bsMWDtKt2sA

Thomas