Boris Johnson on lockdown easing: Progress must be 'cautious but irreversible'

Started by GBNews, February 18, 2021, 01:04:50 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on February 19, 2021, 12:52:12 AM
Starmer is not always right either, like when he supported the government in it's resistance to school closures until too late.

But he is not in power. All the failures of implementation and omission are down to Spaffwaffle and his mostly hopeless government.

But then again, whilst I can explain that to you, I cannot understand it for you.
Having seen the damage this has done to families and children, (my own kids and grandchildren) the schools should have remained open to all. Remember the schools ARE open, but only to a particular sector of society, called "key workers". The others can put up with it and their kids will get behind. How having 50% of kids at school is justified, I don't know.
Get them all back in next Monday. They don't get the disease and there is no evidence of asymptomatic spread.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on February 19, 2021, 12:25:20 AM
And sir Starmer has all the answers does he? From his lofty perch on the fence. Sorry, not on the fence, he is the fence.
Starmer is not always right either, like when he supported the government in it's resistance to school closures until too late.

But he is not in power. All the failures of implementation and omission are down to Spaffwaffle and his mostly hopeless government.

But then again, whilst I can explain that to you, I cannot understand it for you.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on February 18, 2021, 09:31:26 PM
Well I suppose it makes a change from incautious and inevitably reversed when too many die in the name of freedom for the selfish.

And sir Starmer has all the answers does he? From his lofty perch on the fence. Sorry, not on the fence, he is the fence.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: News on February 18, 2021, 01:04:50 AM

Well I suppose it makes a change from incautious and inevitably reversed when too many die in the name of freedom for the selfish.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on February 18, 2021, 03:35:41 PM
Actually, Boris seems to be making a point of not getting tied down to a specific date. Nor, despite their alleged expertise, do any of the scientists on either side of the debate. The tendency is to lay on the gloom so as not to be caught out if this bug does take a turn for the worse. My own belief is that this kerfuffle will be over by May/June, but I am not putting my coal allowance on it again

As has been mentioned it will be all systems go in May . The free money stops at the end of April , Richie Rich will do the numbers and think crap I overdid  that and everyone will be back on the treadmill . (In facemasks )

Borchester

Actually, Boris seems to be making a point of not getting tied down to a specific date. Nor, despite their alleged expertise, do any of the scientists on either side of the debate. The tendency is to lay on the gloom so as not to be caught out if this bug does take a turn for the worse. My own belief is that this kerfuffle will be over by May/June, but I am not putting my coal allowance on it again
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Boris has magic dates and figures, for example he cannot open schools after half term, 8th March is the magic date in England.

Then there's apparently the magic figure of 1,000 infections or less a day, which, if those people are not ill, is pretty much irrelevant.

I don't believe a word Boris says, he is being taken for a fool by SAGE who don't give a fig for the mental health or physical health of those in lockdown. There are other illnesses than this Chinese virus.
† The end is nigh †

GBNews

The prime minister says "we have got to keep looking at the data" when considering easing lockdown restrictions.

Source: Boris Johnson on lockdown easing: Progress must be 'cautious but irreversible'