SKY NewsProposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff 'based on affordability', says chancellor

Started by GBNews, March 13, 2021, 01:01:48 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on March 13, 2021, 07:56:13 AM
The money they have wasted on their private sector mates and party donors for a hopelessly failed track and trace system - £37 billion - would be enough to give every NHS employee a 12.5% pay increase for nine years!

I guess it is just a matter of priorities and political will.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 13, 2021, 10:45:48 AM
Well if Labour dont get kicked out of Croydon after bankrupting it during their term in charge I'll eat my hat .

Dont count your chickens just yet mate of them getting re elected via the postal vote schtick. :D

QuoteBreaking: Labour has suspended two constituency parties amid a Metropolitan Police investigation into related allegations of "electoral fraud"

The party says it has received "serious allegations" regarding membership recruitment practices in Newham, east London.

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1370434351045967874

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/12/labour-suspends-east-ham-and-west-ham-constituency-parties

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 13, 2021, 10:45:48 AM
Well if Labour dont get kicked out of Croydon after bankrupting it during their term in charge I'll eat my hat .

Streetwalker , we had them in charge of glasgow for 80 feckin years mate , and although it took people a long time to see through them , eventually they did , and what was uncovered was 8 decades of corruption , decadence , total incompetence and as i have said many a time they bankrupted glasgow so much that council tax receipts wouldnt even cover debt interest run up.

Hopefully folk in croydon wake up to them too.

I wouldnt put labour in charge of the kids feckin piggy banks never mind taxpayers hard earned cash.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on March 13, 2021, 10:40:37 AM
Conservatives clean up the locals with a balanced approach , Starmer left looking like an idiot .

Hopefully labour get a humping in our national elections in scotland , and your local elections in england streetwalker.

My priority is two fold , voting a pro indy party , and secondly doing everything i can to keep labour out.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on March 13, 2021, 10:37:04 AM

Conservatives clean up the locals with a balanced approach , Starmer left looking like an idiot .

Hopefully labour get a humping in our national elections in scotland , and your local elections in england streetwalker.

My priority is two fold , voting a pro indy party , and secondly doing everything i can to keep labour out.

Thomas

Be interesting to see if the labour run welsh nhs offer staff a 12.5% pay rise that unions are demanding , or more probably offer just above what the tories in england are offering to make a petty political point while falling far short of what unions are demanding.

You talk about priorities and political will , but time and again whenever labour try and make puerile points over the nhs in scotland , the snp simply point to labours track record in wales , where your party have been in charge since the assembly was created in 1999 , and make the point how badly labour have run wales health service.

The number of non-clinical cancellations in Wales over the last two years is 75,000 – almost FIVE TIMES as many as Scotland despite a far smaller population. Per capita it's more than EIGHT TIMES worse.

Scottish Labour – assisted as always by a relentless stream of doom-and-gloom stories in the Scottish media – love to draw attention to every tiny hiccup in Scotland's public services, implying that if only we'd hand things over to them rather than the vile SNP they'd magically get better.

The evidence of Labour's competence levels in the one UK nation where it IS in control suggests that the reality isn't just the opposite of that, but the opposite on a truly gargantuan scale.

For so long as Welsh Labour exist, they'll be a constant source of embarrassment to their Scottish cousins, and to anyone gullible enough to take their claims seriously.

Streetwalker

The money they have wasted on their private sector mates and party donors for a hopelessly failed track and trace system - £37 billion - would be enough to give every NHS employee a 12.5% pay increase for nine years!

There has been lots of talk in the last few days of money wasted ,money given away to mates and money that could be saved here and there to give the nurses a pay increase .

Say it quietly , its not about the money .

Boris has played a blinder here 

Get the vaccine roll out going well (thanks to the NHS ) and improve your position in the polls
Say the nurses will get 1%  after previously promising 2.1%
Starmer releases his local government manifesto with nurses pay at the top of the agenda
Labour talk about nothing but the NHS for a month 
The nurses get their pay increase making Labours campaign null and void

Barry

Pretty much right, sadly.
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: News on March 13, 2021, 01:01:48 AM
Proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff 'based on affordability', says chancellor

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has told MPs the offer of a 1% pay rise for NHS staff is "based on affordability".

Source: Proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff 'based on affordability', says chancellor

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

GBNews

Proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff 'based on affordability', says chancellor

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has told MPs the offer of a 1% pay rise for NHS staff is "based on affordability".

Source: Proposed 1% pay rise for NHS staff 'based on affordability', says chancellor