Britain to offer Ireland spare Covid vaccines

Started by Borchester, March 28, 2021, 11:45:14 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on March 28, 2021, 11:45:14 PM
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/britain-to-offer-ireland-spare-covid-vaccines-zttrwd6ml

Gearoidín will be pleased  :)
that article isn't opening on my ph but i think it was the British Ambassador to IRL was on the radio, RTE1 earlier today, he got some tough questions. His boiled down answer was the UK would first finish vaccinating its people, then there were deserving 3rd world countries and then the UK would look at ROI as its joined with NI. The interviewer tried to pin him down as to when this batch of vaccines, 3.7m mentioned, would be coming to IRL, couldn't get an answer.

So it looks like the UK are offering vaccines to ROI at some date way in the future. You would have to question why when we are due 1m per month for the next 3 months and then plenty more in q3, I dont think any EU country will need an offer of vaccines past June. We have over 2b on order.
My answer to the offer would have been, thanks for the offer, I'll let VonDerLeyen know to deduct 3.7m vaccines from the next shipment we, the EU are sending the UK.
Did you know the EU has now shipped 20m vaccines to the UK. The UK continues to refuse to export vaccines but we have them making hollow offers to IRL, its really commical.

cromwell

No there'll be some long rant about brexit and why we are all bastards.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?