Derek Chauvin is innocent

Started by Streetwalker, March 30, 2021, 01:41:58 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

† The end is nigh †

B-4

It would be nice to dismiss it that easily.  However, the liberals kneel to them, worship them and generally apologise for existing to them. Look at the state of Labour over here. While they can all be dismissed as nutters, which implies a small minority, they're supported and encouraged in the mainstream corporate liberal media and corporate social media platforms that insist on this sort of polarisation.  It's deeply embedded in politics, too, and every level of engineered society, where Woke (representatives of the people) are all on board throughout western civilisation:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1417076/Paris-France-deputy-mayor-white-people-keep-quiet-racism-Audrey-Pulvar-macron

I don't even believe there was any racial agenda behind this death, only on how it has been jumped on.

cromwell

Quote from: B-4 on April 06, 2021, 11:39:58 PM
It's OK when BLM and the Woke brigade advocate and support criminal behaviour, violence and mindless destruction.  It's how decisions are made now and The Guardian and The Independent have been doing it throughout.  If this were a white woman who supported Trump there would be outrage and her Twitter account would end up suspended.

You see, liberals of today are basically social fascists, and as we know, fascists would implement this sort of behaviour to shut everyone else down (agree or I will burn down your property).  In this case, it's anyone who disagrees with BLM or any decision they disagree with, which includes reports on institutional racism.

Basically, don't expect reason, rationalism or truth.  Expect tantrums, corporate techno-fascist supported Marxists and fascistic ultra-violence, and plenty of cults where even their title is a piece of propaganda.
It's the US,a lot of nutters who will want to do this and an opposite lot of nutters who will love the prospect to react in kind.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

B-4

It's OK when BLM and the Woke brigade advocate and support criminal behaviour, violence and mindless destruction.  It's how decisions are made now and The Guardian and The Independent have been doing it throughout.  If this were a white woman who supported Trump there would be outrage and her Twitter account would end up suspended.

You see, liberals of today are basically social fascists, and as we know, fascists would implement this sort of behaviour to shut everyone else down (agree or I will burn down your property).  In this case, it's anyone who disagrees with BLM or any decision they disagree with, which includes reports on institutional racism.

Basically, don't expect reason, rationalism or truth.  Expect tantrums, corporate techno-fascist supported Marxists and fascistic ultra-violence, and plenty of cults where even their title is a piece of propaganda.

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on April 06, 2021, 08:40:49 PM
According to Article 6 of the US Constitution,

Everyone has the right to a fair and public hearing
In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law.

However, this lass reckons that is all nonsense and that the old rules no longer apply in Joe Biden's America

:) :) :)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1379401279345205248
She's only saying what I said in my first reply, Borky. Cities will burn.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Borchester on April 06, 2021, 08:40:49 PM

In the determination of his civil rights and obligations or of any criminal charge against him, everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time by an independent and impartial tribunal established by law.

However, this lass reckons that is all nonsense and that the old rules no longer apply in Joe Biden's America

I don't think anybody on here wishes to deny him a fair and public hearing.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

T00ts

I was just catching up with the TV news and didn't realise that all three officers were fired after their boss watched the video. Listening to him just now he seemed pretty horrified by the whole situation. I guess there is a political element to this but I still feel - reluctantly - that the officer's actions were not part of restraint at all. I still think he was aware, perhaps he didn't think it would result in death, perhaps he was just doing the macho thing that so many men resort to when they feel powerful. Perhaps he has been inured over time to the violence involved in his day to day job, but  it does seem that his actions in using restraint were vindictive/posturing rather than necessary.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 05, 2021, 11:38:22 AM
You seem to think we should be policed by perfect human beings who always know the right thing to do in any given circumstances
Telling me how I think now but get the hump when you falsely think I told you were wrong in your thinking.

Quote, who never make mistakes, and who can be trained liked dogs to balance a biscuit on their nose.
Didn't say that either.

QuoteMeanwhile their every encounter is going to be with a population who obey a code of "fair play" that exists only in the minds of liberal idealists. That's never been the truth and it never will be.

Great so go and tell a liberal idealist.

QuotePeople have tried to offer alternative views, but you aren't listening. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting he "gets away with it" or that he isn't going to jail, only that there is a political agenda at play here, and the outcome has already been decided
I haven't disputed there's an agenda here for some like there is to the reverse,as far as the outcome lets see eh?

Quoteyou and I discussing it further is pointless, which it is, so thats my last word.

Your choice I can live without you replying,bit sad IMO though because this place is just an exchange of thoughts that have no influence on this or any other subject.
I get that it angers you sometimes when you think you're challenged by some liberal (real or perceived) but like I say it alters nothing. :)

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 04, 2021, 08:18:22 PMBit ill tempered imo.
But you do as you please I'll continue to air my thoughts if it's all the same to you.

Nothing to do with ill temper. You seem to think we should be policed by perfect human beings who always know the right thing to do in any given circumstances, who never make mistakes, and who can be trained liked dogs to balance a biscuit on their nose. Meanwhile their every encounter is going to be with a population who obey a code of "fair play" that exists only in the minds of liberal idealists. That's never been the truth and it never will be.

People have tried to offer alternative views, but you aren't listening. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting he "gets away with it" or that he isn't going to jail, only that there is a political agenda at play here, and the outcome has already been decided

I never said anything about you continuing to air your thoughts, only that you and I discussing it further is pointless, which it is, so thats my last word.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 04, 2021, 08:05:23 PM
No, but this conversation is rapidly becoming irrelevant as its going nowhere. Its a repeat of several similar previous conversations where you always go down the same bleeding heart route and refuse to see any other interpretation

Lets just agree not to discuss it again as its fecking pointless.
Bit ill tempered imo.
But you do as you please I'll continue to air my thoughts if it's all the same to you.

Tarn

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 04, 2021, 10:41:54 AM
No, thank you Tarn, but I suspect thats not entirely true...

...well, not unless lefties keep calling you a nazi racist fascist  :D :D :D

Maybe so - but I don't entirely subscribe to the extreme notions of 'lefties' and 'righties'.

My parents are (by my standards) somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan in their socio-political views, but are both kind and considerate (if somewhat old-fashioned) people.

Political inclination and social position may (but does not always) dictate one's social views. That my family is conservative, does not necessarily mean anything negative - they are people who grew up in a world I did not know (just as I will see things they cannot even imagine) - and I am not going to judge them for that.

So the socio-political right and left are not mutually exclusive to me.  :)

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on April 04, 2021, 07:29:08 PMWell you'd know I guess that Chauvin had a history of complaints about his behaviour,and to that in bold I couldn't give a stuff what drugs or if he was giant haystacks someone securley cuffed behind their back and in leg restraints is going nowhere.
That the supervising officer said as much and a senior homicide officer under oath is irrelevant to you too?

No, but this conversation is rapidly becoming irrelevant as its going nowhere. Its a repeat of several similar previous conversations where you always go down the same bleeding heart route and refuse to see any other interpretation

Lets just agree not to discuss it again as its fecking pointless.

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg on April 03, 2021, 12:31:36 PM
I think in this case, yes, why not? "Bought to book" is fairly commonly used term meaning to face justice. You're highlighting that "only a third of them are ever convicted", which means they must have faced a trial - presumably then you mean that "justice" wasn't done? Unless you have another interpretation? Me, as a betting man I'd only give evens that you meant something else
I did,but I suspect you wouldn't be interested

QuoteAlso, your comment on cops "benefits", like a generous pension? Sure, cops are the only people who get pensions? My forces pension comes into payment this month. Maybe I should give it back because some of us smacked a few people with a stick for Maggie, and no one was there with a camera to say "gotcha" eh?

You mentioned what a thankless and dangerous job it is,I was merely showing as I said in the land of the free (where there's no nhs) they get free healthcare which is a benefit,your pension and doing Maggies work is your affair and irrelevant to this.

QuoteThere are many ways to contain or incapacitate someone - I don't know what training Minneapolis police are given, and I don't really care a feck.
Well perhaps you don't but whether he followed that training is relevant to this case,though maybe not you.

QuoteDrugs are a bigger problem in those kind of places (inner city deprived), and present situations that are both dangerous and have the potential to spiral out of control rapidly. I would guess that using a knee on the neck is method preferred because its one of the few reliable ways to contain someone who is out of their head and who, just because they don't present a problem right now, won't present one in a few moments time. Drugs not only give someone altered perception, they can give massively increased strength and lack of regard for injury to themselves, let alone other people or coppers. You'd know all this I guess

Well you'd know I guess that Chauvin had a history of complaints about his behaviour,and to that in bold I couldn't give a stuff what drugs or if he was giant haystacks someone securley cuffed behind their back and in leg restraints is going nowhere.
That the supervising officer said as much and a senior homicide officer under oath is irrelevant to you too?

QuoteWhich only goes to underline the political capital there is to be gained by working liberals into a frenzy over police wrongdoing.
Well being apparently a liberal I'm assuring I'm not in a frenzy,it's too tiring.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Tarn on April 04, 2021, 12:54:06 AMI suspect we may not be so far apart socio-politically

No, thank you Tarn, but I suspect thats not entirely true...

...well, not unless lefties keep calling you a nazi racist fascist  :D :D :D