I was thinking, could God be actually from another dimension?

Started by Sheepy, May 19, 2021, 09:01:51 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 27, 2021, 06:42:19 PM

It doesn't work that way. God set the rules and ultimately will judge us. We have the choice to obey or not.

Tonight hundreds of thousands of good people who have led blameless lives will die in agony. Parents will lose innocent children, children will be left broken hearted. And you reckon they had a choice?

God Almighty, what a total **** He is
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Let's just get something a little bit straight here. God doesn't inflict pain or anything else on us, we simply suffer the consequences of what we choose to do. Why should God obey our demands? He will answer if we sincerely ask and obey His commandments, but what reason does He have to do our bidding just because we think it unfair? Mankind invariably wishes to behave badly, abuse His creations and generally be a complete pain and yet expect a get out of jail free card regardless.
It doesn't work that way. God set the rules and ultimately will judge us. We have the choice to obey or not.

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on May 27, 2021, 03:02:25 PM
I prefer the Morgan Freeman versions. There's something reassuring about a character speaking in the type of deep smooth tones one expects.

It will be a disappointment if I ever get there to be confronted by a deity with the voice of Kenneth Williams or Alan Carr...

Oh you've given me an idea. I'll see what Lucifuge and I can sort out in my next zoom call.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

I prefer the Morgan Freeman versions. There's something reassuring about a character speaking in the type of deep smooth tones one expects.

It will be a disappointment if I ever get there to be confronted by a deity with the voice of Kenneth Williams or Alan Carr...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on May 22, 2021, 02:19:42 PM
I have looked at this several times hoping for a rebuttal/agreement/challenge but here goes. I read somewhere a long time ago that time and space is beyond our understanding yet and that time may well only be the now with no future or past. So I have no doubt that He is somewhere watching and waiting for the moment when He feels we have spent enough time sinking as low as possible and are ready to turn to Him and finally believe.

Could be, but that does not detract from the fact that He is a spiteful old bastard who seems to enjoy handing out the misery but refuses to accept the blame when things go tits up.

I enjoy a bit of a laugh and a joke myself and if someone could tell me the name of the hymn they were singing in the opening scenes of The Good Old Boys then I would be much obliged. But otherwise I reckon that while He still has a following, it is pretty obvious that someone should explain to the sky genii that autism isn't fun and can be treated.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on May 24, 2021, 05:29:11 PM
Funny old world, but when you think about it, logically what I said makes complete sense.
It does, in a way. Because no-one has ever seen God.
Although in Jesus the "Word" became flesh.
It's really a matter of terminology, human terminology which is lacking.

Just to paraphrase a few verses
There remains faith hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Yet Jesus laid down His life for whosoever believes in Him, that they may have eternal life.

When Jesus ascended, was it to another dimension? It certainly was, as far as we are concerned, because he just disappeared, was taken up into Heaven to sit at God's right hand.
There's so much to marvel at in the Bible, for believers.
So much to scoff at for some others.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Funny old world, but when you think about it, logically what I said makes complete sense.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Really? Says who? We'll never totally agree doctrine outside of the fact that Jesus is the Saviour and we owe him big time.

Barry

Image means imagination.

Meanwhile, millions of people all over the planet have their own ideas of what God is or is not, made up in their own imaginations, or using their own logic, rather than reading and understanding the whole Word of God.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

I try to refer to my reference book, giving references.
If you get your 'facts' somewhere else, fine. We'll all be the wiser, in that day.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on May 24, 2021, 10:20:02 AM
I postedI take it you don't agree with the second sentence. I'll agree to disagree on that point as it is hypothetical.

Surely you agree that God is Spirit (John 4:24) and that we can't see the spiritual?

Barry - I suspect we have been here before. No I don't agree. God is Spirit doesn't mean that He is restricted to being a Spirit in essence. Elsewhere we are told quite clearly that we are made in His image. So logically it follows that you and I should be floating about too.  ;D  Who is Jesus? Is He Spirit now too? I don't think so. Will He not be a glorified human being at the 2nd coming? Why would we suppose that God Himself is not also in the same form as His Begotten Son? The argument simply isn't logical.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on May 22, 2021, 09:45:15 PM
Heaven by all accounts is another dimension, even Barry cannot deny it is in the Bible.
God is supernatural, in human terms.
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on May 22, 2021, 06:05:48 PMOh dear - don't start me off. You know I will never agree to that statement. It's simply not logical.
I posted
QuoteGod is Spirit and we can't see the spiritual. If we could see Him there wouldn't be much need for faith.
I take it you don't agree with the second sentence. I'll agree to disagree on that point as it is hypothetical.

Surely you agree that God is Spirit (John 4:24) and that we can't see the spiritual?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on May 22, 2021, 09:41:52 PM
I think that is a very fair point. The Bible was written by those who received revelation, even those parts which were not, were written and stored as a record by a revelation that they should. It has been mucked about over the centuries so many of the original meanings have been lost but I have no doubt that in His way God gave all the information that we need to succeed and have true joy. Since His knowledge leaves us standing - after all He instructed Jesus how to make this world - it seems only obvious that He knows all there is to know.
Heaven by all accounts is another dimension, even Barry cannot deny it is in the Bible.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!