Main Menu

Is it just me

Started by cromwell, May 23, 2021, 09:34:08 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on May 23, 2021, 11:24:27 PM
Oh yeah the herd immunity,it certainly was on the cards I don't understand Patels defence unless she thinks apart from the pandemic we've all suffered memory loss.

However none of that detracts from him appearing just a bitter little man and he must think we all forgot Barnard castle too. ;)

Or that he was just the front man and that Boris played him like a fiddle.

Poor old Dominic seems to think of himself as some sort of eminence grise upon which Tory policy hinges, rather than a rather flat footed and sometimes unhinged party wonk doing the donkey work in an often cack handed manner.

As to Priti Patel, she is a not particularly pleasant politician, but when she got caught out she had enough sense to keep her mouth shut, something that Cummings has yet to learn.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on May 23, 2021, 10:53:26 PM
I am. I agree that it certainly looks like bitterness but having said that his latest salvo about herd immunity certainly triggered a memory in me. Am I alone in remembering them talking about how many would have to be infected before herd immunity was achieved? Didn't the scientists tell us at the beginning that it would be the only way?

I guess that would be their first thought since the prospect of a vaccine or cure would have been years away. Perhaps it was only as the prospects of scientists winning the battle at a sprint, was what changed their view. Sadly we didn't get going fast enough from the first warning either in China or when it reached Europe. I remember Italy giving enough warnings to us and others.

It seems Boris should keep his friends close but his enemies closer. Not his fault of course because I think the cabinet etc were holding a gun to his head when Cummings left.It's almost worse than a woman scorned. Perhaps he can't find a job.
Oh yeah the herd immunity,it certainly was on the cards I don't understand Patels defence unless she thinks apart from the pandemic we've all suffered memory loss.

However none of that detracts from him appearing just a bitter little man and he must think we all forgot Barnard castle too. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I am. I agree that it certainly looks like bitterness but having said that his latest salvo about herd immunity certainly triggered a memory in me. Am I alone in remembering them talking about how many would have to be infected before herd immunity was achieved? Didn't the scientists tell us at the beginning that it would be the only way?

I guess that would be their first thought since the prospect of a vaccine or cure would have been years away. Perhaps it was only as the prospects of scientists winning the battle at a sprint, was what changed their view. Sadly we didn't get going fast enough from the first warning either in China or when it reached Europe. I remember Italy giving enough warnings to us and others.

It seems Boris should keep his friends close but his enemies closer. Not his fault of course because I think the cabinet etc were holding a gun to his head when Cummings left.It's almost worse than a woman scorned. Perhaps he can't find a job.

Barry

I followed him on Twitter until about 3 weeks ago, when he started to make little sense. I have read some of his blogging but this latest missive he's put out is just rubbish. He seems to live in a bit of a different dimension to other people, and seems to want to rewrite history.

Yes, best ignored, I think.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Or is nobody else interested in Cummings bleating because he got his p45?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?