Main Menu

EU telling porky pies

Started by Streetwalker, June 04, 2021, 06:09:24 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on July 29, 2021, 03:41:36 PM
Not that long ago really. But the difference is my opinions are based on historical facts. Most fears about the EU are based on lies. Decades of uk media publishing all sorts of untruths about the EU, including your glorious leader.
You will learn, eventually, Gerry. It will just take a little time.
† The end is nigh †

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on July 28, 2021, 07:46:24 PM
Have they?
Bit like yours then about those horrible Brits (English) for events long ago.
Not that long ago really. But the difference is my opinions are based on historical facts. Most fears about the EU are based on lies. Decades of uk media publishing all sorts of untruths about the EU, including your glorious leader.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 07:28:49 PM
Strange thing to say, no point it trying to show the benefits of the eu on this forum, minds have been well and truely poisioned against the eu a long time ago.
If you say so, but then I wasn't expecting a light bulb or anything.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Strange thing to say, no point it trying to show the benefits of the eu on this forum, minds have been well and truely poisioned against the eu a long time ago.

We are being absolutely horrid Gerry and despite all your kindly intent, it is pretty clear that nothing you can do or say will save us from our own wickedness.

If I were you I would flounce off and leave the UK to stew in the self inflicted horrors of Brexit. We simply are not worthy of all your good advice.  :) :) :)
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Have they?
Bit like yours then about those horrible Brits (English) for events long ago.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2021, 11:11:54 AM
Oh now you think it is an advertising campaign for the EU, who knew?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 11:01:37 AM
I was asked where would IRL sell it's beef by Nick, I had to state clearly, he seemed to be delighting that we had dropped 40% of our exports to GB. Being in the EU has it's benefits.

Oh now you think it is an advertising campaign for the EU, who knew?

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2021, 09:44:26 AM
So you thought you would need to tell us all was well and Ireland is doing just fine. Well put and good nobody wants Ireland to collapse.
I was asked where would IRL sell it's beef by Nick, I had to state clearly, he seemed to be delighting that we had dropped 40% of our exports to GB. Being in the EU has it's benefits.

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2021, 04:31:42 PM
Beef imports to the U.K. from Ireland down 40% since the transition period ended. Perhaps @GerryT can tell us where Ireland is selling to now, stating quite clearly that Ireland would find new markets over night.
It certainly won't be the Netherlands or Poland cause their exports to the U.K. are down 50%.
The U.K. of course can just turn to the US, Brasil, Australia or Argentina to negate the effect.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on July 28, 2021, 08:53:29 AM
What was said was correct, you on the other hand have a half baked story.  Implying IRL would struggle without the UK market. Overall our beef exports are projected to be up 7% this year, a slow Q1, I wonder would covid have anything to do with that, but also exports to NI have jumped over 48%,  which also subdues the fear that NI can't get food, our Italian beef exports are up 43%.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/positive-beef-outlook-for-rest-of-2021s-bord-bia-633645

So you thought you would need to tell us all was well and Ireland is doing just fine. Well put and good nobody wants Ireland to collapse.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on June 11, 2021, 04:40:27 PM
That's not correct, according to the Irish Times dates 21st March 2021 uk beef imports pre-Covid represented almost 50% of Irish beef products.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/farming/arid-40250537.html
What was said was correct, you on the other hand have a half baked story.  Implying IRL would struggle without the UK market. Overall our beef exports are projected to be up 7% this year, a slow Q1, I wonder would covid have anything to do with that, but also exports to NI have jumped over 48%,  which also subdues the fear that NI can't get food, our Italian beef exports are up 43%.

https://www.farmersjournal.ie/positive-beef-outlook-for-rest-of-2021s-bord-bia-633645

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 11, 2021, 08:16:32 AMNick since joining the EU in 1973 , although irelands exports to the UK have doubled , irelands exports to the EU are 5 times greater than their exports to the uk.

That's not correct, according to the Irish Times dates 21st March 2021 uk beef imports pre-Covid represented almost 50% of Irish beef products.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/farming/arid-40250537.html

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2021, 04:31:42 PM
Beef imports to the U.K. from Ireland down 40% since the transition period ended. Perhaps @GerryT can tell us where Ireland is selling to now, stating quite clearly that Ireland would find new markets over night.
It certainly won't be the Netherlands or Poland cause their exports to the U.K. are down 50%.
The U.K. of course can just turn to the US, Brasil, Australia or Argentina to negate the effect.

Nick since joining the EU in 1973 , although irelands exports to the UK have doubled , irelands exports to the EU are 5 times greater than their exports to the uk.

From memory the USA is thier single biggest trading partner . Their GDP per capita is £76 000 while the "british part " of the island is extremely poor at a mere £26 000 per capita , showing how commercially the union is a disaster for northern ireland.

Irish income per head ( GNI) is 37 % higher than the uk , and their state pension is a lot higher than the uk state pension.

So whatever the paddies are doing as an indy country , they are certainly doing something right.

Concentrate on your own country , and let the paddies concentrate on theirs.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 10, 2021, 11:23:10 PM
I suggest you don't eat any Pate, especially Foie Gras. Don't eat Veal or fish.

I suggest before throwing brickbats at me check on the chemicals and growth hormones use by those countries to produce meat which are banned in Britain and the methods of production used which do not meet UK welfare standards, plus in some cases the endemic cattle diseases.
I never eat paté, unless I make it myself, and I don't eat veal.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 10, 2021, 04:54:56 PM
None of those countries meets UK standards unless Bojo-The-Clown stuffs British farmers the way he has the fishermen.

I suggest you don't eat any Pate, especially Foie Gras. Don't eat Veal or fish.
All these meats suffer horrendously during their life or being harvested.
Everyone is happy to allow KFC? This is meat hypocrisy at its finest. So as long as the Ozzies perform a Kapa o Pango during slaughter their meat will be ok? Jeez!!

The Spanish burying a chicken in the ground and trying to knock its head off with a Golf club or filling a Bull full of spears is ok? But a cow that has roamed free on the Pampas it's whole life doesn't meet UK standards, give me a break. As I said, this is hypocrisy in a political form.

I expect you to announce your veganism in your next post @papasmurf.

I buy my meat from my local butcher but I'm man enough to accept where it comes from, I don't hide behind the EU label, believing the animal was happy to give its life for me.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on June 10, 2021, 07:18:39 PM
No fish is sustainable, you can only catch and eat it once!

Living where you do, you should be aware that Jellyfish is sustainable.
And tasty I may add.