wetherspoons boss wants more european immigration

Started by Thomas, June 06, 2021, 09:04:37 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 03:56:06 PM

I am a member of two organisations dedicated to getting people,(usually disabled in some way.) into work.

Oh give us a break Pappy. All your posts have been have been about you bragging about keeping folk out of work and on the dole queue. And when folk have come into your area with cash in their pockets and thus likely provide a bit of employment, you have done your level best to drive them out.

The only organisation you belong to is the Cornish Skivers and Shirkers Association (Motto: if you sign on that is the week's work done)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Ratcliff on June 07, 2021, 05:07:16 PM

What jobs so you think unemployed people should do

Ones they are capable of doing, which if you knew anything crop picking you would know few people are fit enough to do it anyway employed or not.
Frankly those who state use unemployed people to fill the crop picking jobs are in total ignorance.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 04:11:05 PM

Like I said, you'll stick up for any unemployed and refuse to acknowledge that a percentage of them are just down right lazy.

You did not state that you have modified your comment and yet again you show your total ignorance about the current harsh benefits regime. You know bugger all about the claimant commitment which is an agreement that has to be signed by a claimant before they can get any benefit. Non compliance mean benefits are sanctioned:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/universal-credit-and-your-claimant-commitment-quick-guide/universal-credit-and-your-claimant-commitment

Ratcliff

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 06:50:48 AMThe crop pickers need to be near where the work is. (Normally they live on site.)
They need to be fit, and able to work safely for themselves and those around them.
If you think you can take unemployed people, transport them miles, and expect them to work at crop picking you are frankly mad,

What jobs so you think unemployed people should do if , as you say, they are unfit, refuse to commute and are incapable of following instructions to work safely? Lots of people work away from home ,it isn't unusual.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 03:56:06 PM
Here:- "You will make an excuse for any lazy bastards that don't want to work, they have no work ethic."

[HIGHLIGHT]That is not on a very nasty attack, it is a blatant lie.[/HIGHLIGHT]
I am a member of two organisations dedicated to getting people,(usually disabled in some way.) into work.
On a personal level, I have, sometimes assisted by my wife found work for unemployed people. Even in one case for a dyslexic  person by designing an exam that was accepted by the people in charge the NVQ system.
Your comment was also a disgusting generalised slur about all unemployed people which shows you don't have a bloody clue about the hostile environment from government, the DWP, Jobcentre Plus and DWP contractors that has been in place since May 2010.

[HIGHLIGHT]If you make a habit of such personal attacks out in public I am surprised you have not been sued, or physically attacked.[/HIGHLIGHT]

You can't even keep your story straight in one post, check the highlighted lines.

Like I said, you'll stick up for any unemployed and refuse to acknowledge that a percentage of them are just down right lazy.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 03:24:14 PM
OK, point to where I did a "VERY nasty personal attack"?

Here:- "You will make an excuse for any lazy bastards that don't want to work, they have no work ethic."

That is not on a very nasty attack, it is a blatant lie.
On a personal level, I have, sometimes assisted by my wife found work for unemployed people. Even in one case for a dyslexic  person by designing an exam that was accepted by the people in charge the NVQ system.
Your comment was also a disgusting generalised slur about all unemployed people which shows you don't have a bloody clue about the hostile environment from government, the DWP, Jobcentre Plus and DWP contractors that has been in place since May 2010.

If you make a habit of such personal attacks out in public I am surprised you have not been sued, or physically attacked.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 03:18:58 PM
It was a VERY nasty personal attack, you need to wake up to the fact it was.  You would not dare make such a nasty comment to anyone face to face.
It is totally unacceptable on an internet forum.

OK, point to where I did a "VERY nasty personal attack"?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 07, 2021, 01:49:58 PM
You need to grow a pair if you think that is a personal attack, you shouldn't be on a forum. You seem to think a personal attack is when someone disagrees with your thinking, which funnily enough is most of the time.

It was a VERY nasty personal attack, you need to wake up to the fact it was.  You would not dare make such a nasty comment to anyone face to face.
It is totally unacceptable on an internet forum.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 06:50:48 AMIf you make nasty totally unfounded personal attacks on me you well get the response you deserve.

You need to grow a pair if you think that is a personal attack, you shouldn't be on a forum. You seem to think a personal attack is when someone disagrees with your thinking, which funnily enough is most of the time.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 07, 2021, 06:50:48 AM

If you think you can take unemployed people, transport them miles, and expect them to work at crop picking you are frankly mad, or a rabid Tory. (As is anyone else who suggests it.)

To be fair though pappy , i think most folk know there is little chance of employers wanting the unemployed to go and pick crops for benefits.

The idea somehow we are going to have gun wielding guards watching over chained workgangs of unemployed with the whip in hand is of course tory fantasy.

In the real world , i think streetwalkers posts are pretty fair , and as i keep saying the tories like labour before them are in hoc to big business and once a few of the party donors have a word in bojos ear , i would imagine special rules will be brought in to flood the west country and the bread basket of the scottish nation , the farms of angus , with much needed east european labour .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on June 06, 2021, 09:27:07 PM
You will make an excuse for any lazy bastards that don't want to work, they have no work ethic.

If you make nasty totally unfounded personal attacks on me you well get the response you deserve.

You know bugger all about crop picking as carried out these days. (Seriously.) I suspect you would not last an hour.
The crop pickers need to be near where the work is. (Normally they live on site.)
They need to be fit, and able to work safely for themselves and those around them.
If you think you can take unemployed people, transport them miles, and expect them to work at crop picking you are frankly mad, or a rabid Tory. (As is anyone else who suggests it.)

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 06, 2021, 08:29:47 PM
I dont see why immigration should not be  a devolved competence as it goes hand in hand with more or less all policies many of which Scotland already has control of . Fiscal ,Education and housing to name 3 .

The tories didnt want brexit either but were forced into it , the same will happen with their immigration miss management if they dont get their act together . As you say in your next post the populists may have to re group and give them another bloody nose 
Ha we have done more than our bit, if the electorate cannot work out the only way, they will get real democracy is via direct democracy by now it really isn't our problem.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 09:41:18 AM
Frankly he knows bugger all about the reality. (Seriously.) Most of those pontificating about crop picking would not last an hour at the job.
As for the hospitality industry where I live major obstacles to getting staff, is the ability to be able to get to work during the unsocial hours, no public transport in those unsocial hours and a high percentage of under 25s do not have a driving licence.
Other than that most of the local people who have the skills needed are approaching needing a Zimmer frame or waiting for God.

You will make an excuse for any lazy bastards that don't want to work, they have no work ethic.

This is what determination is, these career bums should learn it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/gdpr-consent/?next_url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.washingtonpost.com%2fnews%2finspired-life%2fwp%2f2018%2f07%2f18%2fan-alabama-man-walked-almost-20-miles-to-his-new-job-when-his-boss-found-out-he-gave-him-a-car%2f

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on June 06, 2021, 09:27:56 AM
On million people from  Europe have gone back there during the pandemic and The Angel Of Death, (Priti Patel,) won't let them back in. It isn't just the hospitality industry suffering. [HIGHLIGHT]Agriculture cannot get anywhere enough crop pickers/food processor with disastrous consequences.[/HIGHLIGHT]

How about making those on the dole do the work and the farmers pay pay the difference back to HMRC.

And if you listened to what Brexiteers said you'd know.
We said we wanted managed immigration and not open doors, an Australian style system.
And Tim Martin is asking for just that: A system that allows in who we want and need, not just anybody.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Thomas on June 06, 2021, 07:53:08 PM

Im sure you wont agree but i genuinely think migration should now be in the hands of the various devloved governments , and as you say for your country , immigration into england needs seriously looked at.

Patel is worse than useless , and as i said one of the good things of leaving the eu is the failure now of tory spin doctors for blaming freedom of movement to hide their own ineptitude .

The simple fact of the matter is the tories dont want to get to grip with uncontrolled mass immigration into your country streetwalker. Its that simple .

Hijacking brexit and johnson uncanny luck have given the tories a new lease of life for the minute , but their luck wont last forever. Without brexit , prior to 2017 they were looking stale and tired like the labour party , until johnson rumbled may and jumped on the brexit bandwagon.

I dont see why immigration should not be  a devolved competence as it goes hand in hand with more or less all policies many of which Scotland already has control of . Fiscal ,Education and housing to name 3 .

The tories didnt want brexit either but were forced into it , the same will happen with their immigration miss management if they dont get their act together . As you say in your next post the populists may have to re group and give them another bloody nose