Main Menu

French Elections.

Started by Nick, June 09, 2021, 04:52:38 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on June 09, 2021, 05:46:21 PMst malo and Bais
True. The trouble with my enemy's enemy is that she really is a crazy cow.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Benson on June 09, 2021, 05:39:52 PM
The French don't have the balls to elect Le Pen
I hope they don't. She may be anti-EU, but she's also anti Jewish and anti a lot of others based on race or religion.
So, no thanks.
† The end is nigh †

Benson

The French don't have the balls to elect Le Pen
How do you change your signature?

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on June 09, 2021, 04:17:49 PMHe is hated enough to get the boot , im just not sure Le Pen is going to be the answer .

She is if you want to see the demise of the EU....Like me 😉.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2021, 08:55:20 AM
The French in general hate politicians and in Brittany the attitude is even stronger.

I know  we have friends who live in st malo and Bais in brittany pappy.

Macron though is especailly hated more than normal in my opinion.

He is hated enough to get the boot , im just not sure Le Pen is going to be the answer .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on June 09, 2021, 12:31:33 PM
^^^ 
That's bee true to date. There's eight candidates this time. If Macron comes third or lower with Le Pen first or second — the French seem to love kicking their leaders in the slats — past record shows the electorate will panic in the run off and vote for whoever isn't Le Pen...

Like back when they were left with the choice of a thief or a racist, they chose the thief.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

^^^ 
That's been true to date. There's eight candidates this time. If Macron comes third or lower with Le Pen first or second — the French seem to love kicking their leaders in the slats — past record shows the electorate will panic in the run off and vote for whoever isn't Le Pen...

PS just corrected a typo
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on June 09, 2021, 04:52:38 AM
Le Pen has now overtaken Macron in the opinion polls, and with the slapping he got yesterday he may not be too keen to be holding babies and hugging old folk. 😆

I don't really follow French politics, but I thought that the problem was that although everyone loathes the president, come the elections it tends to be anyone except Le Pen.

Is that likely to change this time round?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on June 09, 2021, 08:16:31 AM
Though countering that pappy , macron is hated as you know , so i think the french are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The French in general hate politicians and in Brittany the attitude is even stronger.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on June 09, 2021, 08:12:33 AM
The problem is support for Le Pen is concentrated in a few areas. Nearly nil support in others.

Though countering that pappy , macron is hated as you know , so i think the french are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

The problem is support for Le Pen is concentrated in a few areas. Nearly nil support in others.

Nick

Le Pen has now overtaken Macron in the opinion polls, and with the slapping he got yesterday he may not be too keen to be holding babies and hugging old folk. 😆

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.