For those who identify as British....

Started by HallowedBrexit, June 18, 2021, 01:14:27 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: morayloon on June 29, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
Thought this was a thread about being 'British'! Nice to see that English posters take 'English' to be  a synonym for 'British'. Just saying like.
Having failed to knock out England, my solid allegiance to Germany ends. My support now switches to Sweden - I fully expect them to make it through to the QFs. If they fail, it will have to be Ukraine although I am a bit wary about backing a country whose first two letters are Uk. ABE
English triumphalism? you must have been reading a different thread. :P
Anyway what are you doing here on an identify as British thread?Oh aye venting your spleen on those awful English  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

morayloon

Quote from: Barry on June 29, 2021, 10:41:22 PM
23 minutes later, that post did not age well.
Ukraine it is and England will beat them. Scotland are out, Morayloon, so sorry.
Wasn't watching but, Ukraine it is then! Here's hoping they'll prevent the English triumphalism getting any louder, and stop the incessant invasion of our homes, via tv, of mentions of 1966 and how England will be the next champions of Europe.  ABE

Barry

Quote from: morayloon on June 29, 2021, 10:16:41 PM
Thought this was a thread about being 'British'! Nice to see that English posters take 'English' to be  a synonym for 'British'. Just saying like.
Having failed to knock out England, my solid allegiance to Germany ends. My support now switches to Sweden - I fully expect them to make it through to the QFs. If they fail, it will have to be Ukraine although I am a bit wary about backing a country whose first two letters are Uk. ABE
23 minutes later, that post did not age well.
Ukraine it is and England will beat them. Scotland are out, Morayloon, so sorry.
† The end is nigh †

morayloon

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on June 29, 2021, 06:53:54 PM
well was bored first half......but finally we won. ;)

We seemed to be playing with only 10.5 men. I was beginning to think they had forgotten to field a striker. As luck would have it we are through but surely Germany had lead in their boots and were suffering from Ma Merkel's constantly depressing outlook. Perhaps the UK's downfall has not happened as fast as they had hoped and the prospect of a sausage truce which appeared just before kick-off depressed them even further. I hope England's luck lasts and it seems we have the easier run going forward but I don't hold out much hope yet. Do we expect them to lift their game enough? Although Sweden and Ukraine are as lack lustre as each other - perhaps 10.5 men would be enough!

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on June 29, 2021, 06:53:54 PM

It was like watching Palace , the only difference is that we dont win . Its try not to loose football and hope for the best

Its a travesty that even with that mindset we cant find a spot for Mount , Foden and Sancho  :(

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on June 23, 2021, 08:17:24 AM
A bit of skill was on show, more life and determination peeped out on the park last night, I just wish we had a team that could play/work for more than 45 minutes. For years our teams go in for their half time and come out as if they have had a banquet instead of something properly refreshing. Why is that? Aren't they fit enough to go the distance?  If not what are their trainers doing?

T00ts

A bit of skill was on show, more life and determination peeped out on the park last night, I just wish we had a team that could play/work for more than 45 minutes. For years our teams go in for their half time and come out as if they have had a banquet instead of something properly refreshing. Why is that? Aren't they fit enough to go the distance?  If not what are their trainers doing?

johnofgwent

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 18, 2021, 01:14:27 PM
who will you be supporting in the footie, England vs Scotland?

Me myself, I will be rooting for our boys to quell the scottish uprising. Devolution was a mistake.

No One.

Fucking Hate the game.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

So right, Toots. It was such a boring game. Let's hope something like Clare Balding's supposed recipe for livening horses gets administered to England players to give them a bit of get up and go...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Well Covid has struck so the English side has excuses already in place. Does anyone really think that football is coming home? Why is it that other countries look speedier, more adept, quicker to respond and generally more determined? Even when they are the underdogs.

I have watched kids playing the magnificent game on beaches in foreign parts and they looked better than most of the 'players' that we field. What is wrong/or right with our side? They just look limp out there.

morayloon

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on June 18, 2021, 01:14:27 PM
who will you be supporting in the footie, England vs Scotland?
Scotland of course

QuoteMe myself, I will be rooting for our boys to quell the scottish uprising. Devolution was a mistake.
Devolution gave us  some control of our own affairs. No more Tory Governments telling us what  to do ... other than on reserved matters.

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 19, 2021, 08:43:17 AM
The plan for the day was to have a few beers early doors then home for the game away from the ever growing crowd in the pub .

The reality was a few beers and a kip

0-0 I see , doesn't look like I missed much . 

Its a stupid question IMO , anyone who has chosen a side wouldn't identify as British

HB likes to pose these questions because I suspect they think just that,shame to spoil their fun ;)

Streetwalker

The plan for the day was to have a few beers early doors then home for the game away from the ever growing crowd in the pub .

The reality was a few beers and a kip

0-0 I see , doesn't look like I missed much . 

Its a stupid question IMO , anyone who has chosen a side wouldn't identify as British

Barry

I don't think I can watch it, I'm not a big footie fan, but the answer is England, of course.
The uprising is a bit of a damp squib at the moment HB.
† The end is nigh †