Turkish invasion

Started by T00ts, October 12, 2019, 06:06:42 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Churchill post_id=558 time=1571055225 user_id=69
Quote from: cromwell post_id=291 time=1570901070 user_id=48
Trump is a maverick and has the not unjustified belief certain European countries are letting the US foot the bill for security,however I believe the Kurds have been let down badly.

I agree but Trump did say he was going to pull out American Troops as soon as possible, he was a fool to think that the Turks would not cross the border to get at the Kurds, now the Syrian Army is going for the Kurds among their ranks are fighters from Hezbollah and Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

That part of the world will always be a basket case they will never stop killing each other and anyone who gets in their way

Perhaps he did know what Turkey would do. He has been criticising the EU countries for long enough about their defence budgets, perhaps he was out to teach a lesson safe in the knowledge that he was far enough away. He would perhaps rather sanctions than feet on the ground. After all it's the EU who is threatened by 3 million refugees rushing across the Med.

Churchill

Quote from: cromwell post_id=291 time=1570901070 user_id=48
Trump is a maverick and has the not unjustified belief certain European countries are letting the US foot the bill for security,however I believe the Kurds have been let down badly.

I agree but Trump did say he was going to pull out American Troops as soon as possible, he was a fool to think that the Turks would not cross the border to get at the Kurds, now the Syrian Army is going for the Kurds among their ranks are fighters from Hezbollah and Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

That part of the world will always be a basket case they will never stop killing each other and anyone who gets in their way
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=503 time=1571004149 user_id=51
Here's some possible good news for the Kurds, if true:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5606899,00.html">Syrian army to deploy along Turkish border in deal with Kurdish-led forces

But haven't they been accused of chemical warfare on their own people. How can this be good? Where does Russia fit into this? Aren't they on both sides?

Barry

Here's some possible good news for the Kurds, if true:

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5606899,00.html">Syrian army to deploy along Turkish border in deal with Kurdish-led forces
† The end is nigh †

Barry

OK, it's the Express, but it gives a good idea of how why and where the action is being taken.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1188870/turkey-attacks-Syria-map-IS-where-is-turkey-attacking-Kurds-Syria-location">//https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1188870/turkey-attacks-Syria-map-IS-where-is-turkey-attacking-Kurds-Syria-location

I do wonder what the Russian involvement is now? Are they just leaving Turkey to their own devices, as they were certainly not friends after Turkey shot their jet down.

Those Kurds were very helpful against our enemies, and were friends whilst they were useful, it seems.

They are fearsome fighters and I can't see them just rolling over. It means more displacements and refugees. Some reports say many I.S. prisoners have escaped, (or were let out) and they are the worst kind of war and violence hardened terrorists. We can expect to see a rise in bombings and shootings in Turkey and possible Europe.

There seems to be no end to this. More than 8 years have passed and around 2 in every hundred people in Syria have died, many more injured.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Cassie post_id=382 time=1570960047 user_id=57
It's sickening to watch it unfold.

What is?

Middle eastern tribes killing each other?

I would think the world has become numb to it cassie , as there hasnt been a year never mind a decade of my life where middle eastern tribes havent been killing each other in some way.

Member a few years back we were told removing saddam hussein would cure all the evils of the middle east? Or what about ghaddafi in north africa , that`ll be it sorted this time!

Everywhere the yanks and their poodles seem to stick their beak in to  , they leave it in a worse state than they found it.

Never mind  , im sure europe will welcome a few million more sub saharan africans or a few million kurdish refugees with open arms and a settlement package.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

I thought the yanks set up the UN to stop anyone else doing to them what they just did to Germany, Italy and Japan ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Cassie

It's sickening to watch it unfold.

Sheepy

The Western world is fed a diet of drama over education and it is getting worse in that context.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

You cannot take on the job of changing the world into a better place unless you take on old political habits,the UN in my mind was set up to do that but has failed miserably and just become another layer of bureaucracy to peel back.

Barry

What are the UN doing about it? Answers on a post card as they seem quite powerless these days.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Unjustified slaughter by the Muslim brotherhood,the backlash is beginning.

Cassie

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=297 time=1570901775 user_id=48
Yes T00ts and Erdogan is another Maverick but the eu set up manufacturing there because it's cheap.

Such a mess!

cromwell

Yes T00ts and Erdogan is another Maverick but the eu set up manufacturing there because it's cheap.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?