Is the rise of woke driving home schooling?

Started by T00ts, July 03, 2021, 01:18:12 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on July 12, 2021, 08:16:12 PM
Home-schooled children are likely to include some who are subjected to much more dubious ideas than wokeness. For example, creationism and other religious dogma, anti-vaxers and other crazy conpsiracy theorists, people with off-the-wall ideas on education, people who think letting children put pink cake icing on an old toilet roll tube once a week is education. I'm sure most home schoolers do a reasonable job but then so do most schools.

Not in my experience.

All of my grandchildren were home educated and by the time they were 11 my daughter felt the need for a break. So she packed them off to various highly recommended state schools, where it was discovered that they were at least two years ahead of the rest of their age group. The local education authority did what it could and came up with endless strategies, but pretty soon the kids were back home.

Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Home-schooled children are likely to include some who are subjected to much more dubious ideas than wokeness. For example, creationism and other religious dogma, anti-vaxers and other crazy conpsiracy theorists, people with off-the-wall ideas on education, people who think letting children put pink cake icing on an old toilet roll tube once a week is education. I'm sure most home schoolers do a reasonable job but then so do most schools.

Possibly so

But I think certain dogma imposed by the state must be resisted.

And you overlook the fact that every school is required to indoctrinate children in that way, by order of the local education authority, who pontificate such until legally challenged, at which point they blame the English department of Education (even in Wales)

I speak from experience having taken down the social services prick a peg.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on July 13, 2021, 10:46:45 AM
Me too. Woe betide anyone that teaches their kids the account of the flood and Noah's Ark. Or the parting of the Red Sea. Or the resurrection.
We have friends that withdrew their kids from school because of them teaching Darwinism as fact, also because of their so called sex education.

I am quite amused that Charles Darwin is an ancestor of mine, but I agree that it seems that society is more and more inclined to teach secular doctrine as if it is the only possibility without any recognition that the Biblical version does not disagree. Sadly too often it is misunderstand that God rarely speaks in terms we can take literally. It is so often figurative and deserves as much study and thought as we can manage before it becomes clear. I do feel that Christianity as much as any faith is under great threat in schools as much as anywhere else. There may well come a time when those who hold strong Christian beliefs will feel compelled to withdraw their children.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on July 13, 2021, 09:26:59 AMI find it interesting that you list ' creationism and other religious dogma' as the first two 'dubious ideas'.
Me too. Woe betide anyone that teaches their kids the account of the flood and Noah's Ark. Or the parting of the Red Sea. Or the resurrection.
We have friends that withdrew their kids from school because of them teaching Darwinism as fact, also because of their so called sex education.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

I find it interesting that you list ' creationism and other religious dogma' as the first two 'dubious ideas'.

Sheepy

Well maybe, but then Ducky, what is more dubious than a politically motivated woke agenda, which is a complete fallacy, it is pure escapism in the first place with nothing in common with the harsh realities which at some point we all face?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

johnofgwent

The state, horrified at the fact every parent has the right to put two fingers up to it and teach their kids themselves, has gone all.out to accuse such people of all sorts starting with sexual abuse of their kids and downhill from there.

It is all part of the plan to ensure woke indoctrination.

Melissa is the beneficiary of much of this, being the product of inter racial rape. However, she is approaching 11 going on 19 and is going to be asking Where the F*** is dad anytime now. How she will react to "lying six feet under in India having run there to die of aids after raping your mum" is anyones guess.

Social Services have tried to take her off Sarah several times. They learned the hard way that's a stupid stunt to pull last time about five years s ago but I suspect they will try again before she hits 16...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

We hear of schools invaded by the woke agenda from the smallest Primary through Secondary and on into Further Ed. Top Universities being some of the most vociferous. State or Private schools - free or the most expensive it seems none are immune or strong enough to fight the latest cult trend.

There is apparently an increase in home schooling in this country. Brought on in part by the fear of Covid but compounded by the fear of what is being indoctrinated into impressionable minds. I have an almost 2 year old grandchild and his parents are already questioning what he is going to be taught. Should any white child be labeled privileged because of his skin colour or underprivileged for the same reason? Should any child be made to feel guilt for actions done before his time? Haven't we arrived at a watershed where the majority of really quite sensible people should be allowed to stand up and counter the almost brutal invasion of woke that is riding roughshod over most of society?
How many of us have witnessed changes at our kids schools and our workplaces that subtly involve mind changes and indoctrination that in normal circumstances would be laughed at? Isn't it time to call time and mean it?