GB news presenter suspended

Started by cromwell, July 16, 2021, 07:28:21 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on July 16, 2021, 09:46:52 PM
The TV licence is being ditched at the end of this month, so won't be watching GBN at all. The thing is, if you defund the BBC by not buying a licence, you can't watch any of the other news channels either.

SO BE IT.

If you want, you can browse the website whose live coverage does NOT autostart so you won't breach your non licence conditions. From there multiple non live streams of previous items are available.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

∆∆∆ 

Sounds about right. But you have to remember, hypocrisy and part truths are not only traits of the Left...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Javert

So if I understood, the channel that was set up to "stand up for free speech" and fight against people being cancelled from the media for having views that others disagree with - their own audience cancelled the channel because one of the presenters said something they disagree with, and then the channel cancelled its own presenter for daring to have a "wrong" opinion.

Did I get that right?

patman post

Andrew Neil is said to be holidaying in south of France. His former bosses lived part of the year around there. Not sure where the remaining Barclay twin lives now, or the son who supposedly runs their empire. But it's not a bad part of the world to woo billionaires who also happen to have Right Wing views...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

The TV licence is being ditched at the end of this month, so won't be watching GBN at all. The thing is, if you defund the BBC by not buying a licence, you can't watch any of the other news channels either.

SO BE IT.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

At first I thought that he was propositioning the lady presenter and I thought, hello, not before the 9pm watershed.

But you are right. Rightwing propaganda is no better than leftwing or whatever part of Woke land Auntie's broadcasters hail from.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

I cancelled GB news when I saw this a couple of days ago . Im not interested in a news channel that gives a political view on its news . Its why MSM has lost the plot ,Im disappointed that GB news has followed instead of led .   

cromwell

The link is from the grauniad who must be rubbing their hands.

I was hoping GB news would stand by its stated aim of free speech.
I've already stated I wouldn't take the knee to any bugger,however the presenter thought different as is his right and was suspended.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/16/gb-news-pulls-guto-harri-off-air-taking-the-knee-row
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?