Main Menu

Societal collapse?

Started by Sheepy, July 16, 2021, 08:32:34 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2021, 11:22:12 AM
There has been a steady flow of "White Flighters" out of London to other areas of Britain since the 1960s.
I never mentioned anyone's skin colour. You did. Societal collapse doesn't see skin colour everyone is affected.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 20, 2021, 08:35:39 AM
Those ain't migrants Smurphy, they are chickens coming home to roost. While at the same time we are taking in the London escapees the next lot arrive. All trying to escape.

There has been a steady flow of "White Flighters" out of London to other areas of Britain since the 1960s.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 20, 2021, 08:00:39 AM
Which frankly is not what lifeboats paid for by charitable donations and bequests are for.  The RNLI, the crews and shore crews should be reimbursed by the government for the costs involved. (Declaring and interest I was helper (shore crew,) for Lizard Lifeboat for several years.)
Those ain't migrants Smurphy, they are chickens coming home to roost. While at the same time we are taking in the London escapees the next lot arrive. All trying to escape.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 20, 2021, 07:52:34 AM

I know that because Hastings, Rye and Eastbourne lifeboats were called by border force to assist.

Which frankly is not what lifeboats paid for by charitable donations and bequests are for.  The RNLI, the crews and shore crews should be reimbursed by the government for the costs involved. (Declaring and interest I was helper (shore crew,) for Lizard Lifeboat for several years.)

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 18, 2021, 10:37:59 AM
I am starting to be sorry one shot-gun I used to own was banned.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/record-number-of-migrants-cross-the-channel-in-one-day/ar-AAMkOOn?ocid=msedgntp
I know that because Hastings, Rye and Eastbourne lifeboats were called by border force to assist.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 18, 2021, 10:32:40 AM

Does that mean I get to shoot people ?

I am starting to be sorry one shot-gun I used to own was banned.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 17, 2021, 07:19:31 AM
I suspect societal collapse especially in England will be well before 2040.

Does that mean I get to shoot people ?

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 17, 2021, 12:44:47 PM
To be fair Tommy, it does seem a bit unnatural.

Australia burning to the ground and America freezing, yeah, well, that is the way God meant thing to be. But sunshine in Glasgow?

Plus there is now more flood damage in Germany than bombing the dams in the 2nd World War did, though with as yet not the same number of deaths.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on July 17, 2021, 10:51:44 AM

As for this climate change malarkey....all I'm seeing is dazed  Glaswegians walking about looking up at that big yellow ball in the sky and loving the heat.

To be fair Tommy, it does seem a bit unnatural.

Australia burning to the ground and America freezing, yeah, well, that is the way God meant thing to be. But sunshine in Glasgow?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on July 17, 2021, 10:51:44 AM

These people who predict the end of the world like pappy and quackers.....I'm sure they are all lovely people who mean well but they aren't half a bit scared of their own shadow.

Don't make assumptions. The only thing that scared me was my mother, but as she scared the entire village and all my relatives that is not surprising.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on July 17, 2021, 09:35:20 AM
Well whilst I agree there's probably something better the collapse of society won't be pretty and a lot of innocents will suffer.
I would hope there's another way of  seeing that change.

Well I don't know Cromwell...these doomoongers are always looking at a glass half empty.

Society collapsed in glesga in the 1980s and we are all still here.

As for this climate change malarkey....all I'm seeing is dazed  Glaswegians walking about looking up at that big yellow ball in the sky and loving the heat.

I'm still waiting for society collapsing for voting snp or brexit or not wearing a feckin mask.  ::)

These people who predict the end of the world like pappy and quackers.....I'm sure they are all lovely people who mean well but they aren't half a bit scared of their own shadow.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 17, 2021, 09:14:59 AM
We probably need it .   Society needs realigning and what better way than a collapse to jolt us into something better
Well whilst I agree there's probably something better the collapse of society won't be pretty and a lot of innocents will suffer.
I would hope there's another way of  seeing that change.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

We probably need it .   Society needs realigning and what better way than a collapse to jolt us into something better

papasmurf

Sheepy