We must save the planet and lives from Covid with big Pharma?

Started by Sheepy, August 05, 2021, 11:36:59 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2021, 01:22:14 PM
That did not help him at his war crimes trial he was hung  23 February 1946.

you dont do irony do you? YCNMIU. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on August 07, 2021, 01:15:21 PMGeneral Yamashita
Quote from: Thomas on August 07, 2021, 01:15:21 PM
general yamashita?

More like general talks shita.

That did not help him at his war crimes trial he was hung  23 February 1946.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 07, 2021, 08:13:48 AM
"be happy in your work."   (General Yamashita)

general yamashita?

More like general talks shita.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on August 05, 2021, 09:41:01 PM
Don't worry,  be happy.   Dancing

feck sake barry , are you in competition with smurf to post the most one line posts on this forum or something?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on August 05, 2021, 05:32:24 PM
We would be more likely to save the planet if there was a universal movement for kindness, fairness and honesty coupled with removal of greed for earthly wealth and power. The ultimate end of this world as it is currently known will be fire. We are being given time to mend our ways before the world is taken back to it's maker. Fortunately it won't be the end of us but that's for another time.  :( :-*

What do you want to save the planet from is the question T00ts?
I was working in Dubai 20+ years ago and it was regularly 56 degrees C.

The Earth is rotating on its axis with a wobble which changes on a 25,000 year cycle. The Earth is orbiting the Sun, which is orbiting the centre of the galaxy which is moving away from the centre of the universe and people question a 1 to 2 degree temp change!!
This temperature change cycle has been documented many times during history, let's see what is said as the Earth starts heading back towards an ice age.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2021, 03:32:26 PM
s
Fortunately, these places are a long way from the UK and therefore don't count. In point of fact, the UK has been pleasantly mild. Time to start worrying when folk start being admitted to The Royal Free with sunstroke.

well im gald all the concerned citizens are saving the planet , but dont save too hard  , as glaswegians are loving the global warming.

not sure though what pats on about , as from what ive been reading large parts of europe have had a crap summer compared to recent years , all except us scottish and the northern irish of course.

As  my cousin said on arsebook......it was 30 degrees in glasgow the other week , and for those of you southern softies who arent familiar with the scottish weather , that was the equivalent of someone dropping the actual fecking sun on us. We arent built for that sort of weather , paisley is full of gingers who have died.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 05, 2021, 05:32:24 PM
We would be more likely to save the planet if there was a universal movement for kindness, fairness and honesty coupled with removal of greed for earthly wealth and power. The ultimate end of this world as it is currently known will be fire. We are being given time to mend our ways before the world is taken back to it's maker. Fortunately it won't be the end of us but that's for another time.  :( :-*
My apologies Toots I didn't mean to give you biblical visions of destruction. I take your point about kindness; they only think it is weakness. I tend to agree with they are on a one way mission though and just don't know it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Borchester

s
Quote from: patman post on August 05, 2021, 12:53:11 PM
Looks like southern Europe and the near east are struggling with alarmingly high temperatures under a heat dome which are becoming a more regular weather phenomenon as entire regions deal with increasingly extreme heat and wildfires.  Villages in Turkey, Greece and Italy have been engulfed this July and August, and tourists evacuated by boat from beaches as temperatures reached 47C (116F — for Toots, BTU's are too complicated to work out).   

Info from:      https://news.sky.com/story/heat-dome-what-is-the-extreme-weather-pattern-causing-record-temperatures-and-wildfires-12371711   

Northern Europe is escaping for the present, but with Brexit and Covid exercising politicians and scientific minds and the Telegraph-reading Right-Wingers and hangers-on claiming thgis is caused by sunspots and has all happened before, I doubt the Greens and Climate Change activists will impact local thinking until it's too late...

Fortunately, these places are a long way from the UK and therefore don't count. In point of fact, the UK has been pleasantly mild. Time to start worrying when folk start being admitted to The Royal Free with sunstroke.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Looks like southern Europe and the near east are struggling with alarmingly high temperatures under a heat dome which are becoming a more regular weather phenomenon as entire regions deal with increasingly extreme heat and wildfires.  Villages in Turkey, Greece and Italy have been engulfed this July and August, and tourists evacuated by boat from beaches as temperatures reached 47C (116F — for Toots, BTU's are too complicated to work out).   

Info from:      https://news.sky.com/story/heat-dome-what-is-the-extreme-weather-pattern-causing-record-temperatures-and-wildfires-12371711   

Northern Europe is escaping for the present, but with Brexit and Covid exercising politicians and scientific minds and the Telegraph-reading Right-Wingers and hangers-on claiming thgis is caused by sunspots and has all happened before, I doubt the Greens and Climate Change activists will impact local thinking until it's too late...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!