Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 18, 2021, 09:51:40 PM
There were actually. Jewish sympathisers that is. I suspect actual membership might have been a bit tricky. But the general cack handedness of the Weimar Republic was enough to put a lot of folk off.

The position seems to be that we have a lot of Afghans fleeing for their lives and a lot of Brits refusing to help. I imagine that the former are the usual mixed bag of saints and sinners, but it has to be said that the latter are a sad bunch.

One of them who was put in charge sent I heard sent 25,000 out of a 100,000 to the concentration camps, which he said in his eyes had saved 75,000 so they sent him as well. Seems fair. 
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on August 18, 2021, 09:51:40 PMThere were actually. Jewish sympathisers that is.

So did they whittle down these Jews who had a leaning to the 3rd Reich?
How will we distinguish between good honest Afghans fleeing for their lives and Johnny Taliban gaining entry to blasphemy land without even a passport? I'm going to let you into a little secret now... keep it to your self but I'm a bit sceptical.
Are we going to tag them all and monitor their interactions with the likes of Choudary?
Any indiscretions should be met with a one way ticket to meet his 72 ale ashram.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 09:09:35 PM
If fairly sure there were no Jews affiliated to the Nazi's or likely to be a sympathiser.

And the what if becomes a lot safer if they are not let in and the likes of Anjum Chaudhry would be all over them the minute they arrived.
You think?
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1996-12-24-mn-12209-story.html
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 09:09:35 PM
If fairly sure there were no Jews affiliated to the Nazi's or likely to be a sympathiser.

There were actually. Jewish sympathisers that is. I suspect actual membership might have been a bit tricky. But the general cack handedness of the Weimar Republic was enough to put a lot of folk off.

The position seems to be that we have a lot of Afghans fleeing for their lives and a lot of Brits refusing to help. I imagine that the former are the usual mixed bag of saints and sinners, but it has to be said that the latter are a sad bunch.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 07:43:45 PM
It's a what if.......people said much the same about German Jews who fled here to escape another mega nutter.

And the what if becomes a lot safer if they are not let in and the likes of Anjum Chaudhry would be all over them the minute they arrived.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 07:35:29 PM
And if one of them ends up bombing an arena, what would you think then?

It's a what if.......people said much the same about German Jews who fled here to escape another mega nutter.

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 12:27:38 PM
Well T00ts all I see is quite a few on here spouting I'm allright Jack,for the benefit it's not dewy eyed but a sense of not betraying those who worked for our service personell at great risk to themselves.

And if one of them ends up bombing an arena, what would you think then?

Sheepy

Anyway, I hear on the grapevine the puppet has turned up in the UAE.
Maybe the UK should be flying those we are saving there as well, at least they would be in an Islamic country.
A rather successful one at that.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 18, 2021, 01:35:00 PM
Back in the 90's the most defining characteristic of the Taliban rule, was not its Ideology, but rather its sectarianism. On account of this, it never had rule over the whole country and was engaged in to and fro sectarian conflicts in multiple areas of the country.

It is therefore very telling, that their relatively small force of fighters were able to establish control so quickly, nationwide and in areas which are the traditional strongholds of other sectarian militia's many of whom have been armed to the teeth by the US and to do so virtually unopposed.
Has this reality not yet sunk in? Is it that difficult to understand?

The Taliban take over has very clearly been achieved through nation wide consent. This is a major achievement in its own right, as major a success for those involved in it, as our departure has been a disaster and debacle.
Even the BBC admits that the newly returned Taliban leaders are talking to the leaders of the other groups in the country in accordance with their undertaking to form a fully inclusive Afghan Government.

Given the historical divisions and political fractures prevalent in the country, this situation has equally clearly not been engineered by the Taliban and the other Afghan groups themselves. This is a grand deal which will have been brokered by all those that have real skin in the game: China, Russia, Iran and Pakistan. This means grand carrots held out on the end of equally grand sticks.

The West involvement here is over and has been a disaster that failed, after twenty years of military occupation, to win over hearts and minds to any noticeable degree.

Perhaps you are speaking too soon.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9904311/The-Afghan-resistance-grows-Protesters-fly-government-flag-two-regional-cities.html

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 18, 2021, 01:44:07 PMWith the fall of Afghanistan and the removal of US influence in the region, stories about Xinjiang and Uighurs are going to disappear from the media, just as if they had never really existed.....!

Torture and religious persecution will never be forgotten that is just wishful thinking. There is no religious tolerance in the Chinese regime.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 18, 2021, 03:30:55 PM
To get back to the op we do need to honour a commitment to rescue those who helped our forces

Yes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

To get back to the op we do need to honour a commitment to rescue those who helped our forces

like this poor sod
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-58219963

Clip courtesy of western propaganda outlet  :P :P Butt Kick

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 18, 2021, 01:44:07 PM
The Uighurs are Sunni like most Turkic peoples. The East Turmenistan Islamic Movement (ETIM) held out as some sort of movement for Freedom and Democracy are in fact the Uighur Franchise of Al Qidea and want to set up an ISIS style caliphate in Xinjiang and exterminate all not muslims and not devout enough Uighurs in the Province. This includes many Ethnic minorities that have lived in Xinjiang long before the first Uighurs wandered up the Camel Roads.

None of the Turkic people; most of whom are China's neighbours, are screaming about Chinese Genocide because its total bo**ocks. Not even NATO member and father of all the Turkic peoples, Turkey, was prepared to put its name to a recent statement of condemnations put out the West and its usual sycophants.

I will make a prediction for you. With the fall of Afghanistan and the removal of US influence in the region, stories about Xinjiang and Uighurs are going to disappear from the media, just as if they had never really existed.....!

So you complain of western propaganda put out by the US and it's usual sycophants and then proceed with Chinese
propaganda put out by its usual sycophant.

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 18, 2021, 01:21:28 PM

The Taliban seem to be Sunni Pashtuns and therefore have much more in common theologically with Saudi than Iran. Do you know which cult the Chinese are incarcerating ?

If they are Shia, then I have your answer, for the Shi'ite is the sworn enemy if the Sunni even more than the American, and is most certainly not a fellow Moslem. America made that mistake in Iraq.

If on the other hand they are also Sunni, the Chinese might find themselves in the situation the yanks do, very rapidly.

The Uighurs are Sunni like most Turkic peoples. The East Turmenistan Islamic Movement (ETIM) held out as some sort of movement for Freedom and Democracy are in fact the Uighur Franchise of Al Qidea and want to set up an ISIS style caliphate in Xinjiang and exterminate all not muslims and not devout enough Uighurs in the Province. This includes many Ethnic minorities that have lived in Xinjiang long before the first Uighurs wandered up the Camel Roads.

None of the Turkic people; most of whom are China's neighbours, are screaming about Chinese Genocide because its total bo**ocks. Not even NATO member and father of all the Turkic peoples, Turkey, was prepared to put its name to a recent statement of condemnations put out the West and its usual sycophants.

I will make a prediction for you. With the fall of Afghanistan and the removal of US influence in the region, stories about Xinjiang and Uighurs are going to disappear from the media, just as if they had never really existed.....!

Sampanviking

Back in the 90's the most defining characteristic of the Taliban rule, was not its Ideology, but rather its sectarianism. On account of this, it never had rule over the whole country and was engaged in to and fro sectarian conflicts in multiple areas of the country.

It is therefore very telling, that their relatively small force of fighters were able to establish control so quickly, nationwide and in areas which are the traditional strongholds of other sectarian militia's many of whom have been armed to the teeth by the US and to do so virtually unopposed.
Has this reality not yet sunk in? Is it that difficult to understand?

The Taliban take over has very clearly been achieved through nation wide consent. This is a major achievement in its own right, as major a success for those involved in it, as our departure has been a disaster and debacle.
Even the BBC admits that the newly returned Taliban leaders are talking to the leaders of the other groups in the country in accordance with their undertaking to form a fully inclusive Afghan Government.

Given the historical divisions and political fractures prevalent in the country, this situation has equally clearly not been engineered by the Taliban and the other Afghan groups themselves. This is a grand deal which will have been brokered by all those that have real skin in the game: China, Russia, Iran and Pakistan. This means grand carrots held out on the end of equally grand sticks.

The West involvement here is over and has been a disaster that failed, after twenty years of military occupation, to win over hearts and minds to any noticeable degree.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 18, 2021, 11:25:38 AM
You may also wonder why they are not jumping up and down screaming "Death to China" on account of Genocide being committed against their co-religionists across the border in Xinjiang...

The Taliban seem to be Sunni Pashtuns and therefore have much more in common theologically with Saudi than Iran. Do you know which cult the Chinese are incarcerating ?

If they are Shia, then I have your answer, for the Shi'ite is the sworn enemy if the Sunni even more than the American, and is most certainly not a fellow Moslem. America made that mistake in Iraq.

If on the other hand they are also Sunni, the Chinese might find themselves in the situation the yanks do, very rapidly.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>