Afghan refugees. Sorry but Britain is full up.

Started by papasmurf, August 17, 2021, 01:15:40 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 11:56:04 AM
The skills arent in short supply.
Yes skills are in short supply,vetenarians for one,Medical sector too and that's just for starters.

QuoteThe big problem the uk currnently has is plenty of jobs

But you just told me skills aren't in short supply

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 12:03:19 PM
Funny old world ain't it, even the report I put up the other day, was telling everyone the least populated places were the most likely to survive. How might that be then, when it is climate change?

the best countires to live in according to various sources  , with the best quality of life , are small independent countries in europe.

Anyway we are approaching 9 billion people , and sceintists are warning the planet will only sustain 12 billion peak before mother nature takes a hand and drives a cull one way or the other.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 11:56:04 AMwhich will always be a problem wether robots do all the work or not and human overpopulation continues.
Funny old world ain't it, even the report I put up the other day, was telling everyone the least populated places were the most likely to survive. How might that be then, when it is climate change?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 10:33:34 AM
Like I said, you don't have a clue either. So, stop wasting my time.

I am not wasting your time, if you think I have the occupations of over 5 million people committed to memory you need to have a rethink. Some of those people have been resident in Britain for up to three decades
or more. The ones you are getting a burr under you saddle about are not part of that five million. The ones who left causing the labour shortages started to leave four years ago and can't get back because of Brexit and Priti Patel won't let them back in.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 11:44:03 AM
Well it's not as if any migration is better than another,

Mass immigration cromwell , wether or not you or i agree with it or not , was a key plank that drove the brexit argument and subsequent vote in favour .

The blame was laid fair and square at the EU and brussells with their freedom of movement , and yet here we see it not only continues , but non eu migration is now the main driver , making up almos two out of three non uk citizens living here.

When i ask certain brexiters what they think , they either remain silent , claim to have complained about it (in a rather quiet weak manner) or make excuses for it.

So the implication seems to be to me any way non eu migration is ok as long as the EU dont control it , which is a fatuous argument when you consider all the reasons  why people were against freedom of movement , which seems to be carrying on  , just from a different source.

So its a point well made.

Quoteif someone can come here and offer a skill in short supply and aren't expecting the rest of us to respect some stone age values,who cares from which part of the world they come.

The skills arent in short supply. Its a source of cheap labour , as borkie puts it a" few uber drivers" from asia and africa the vast majority of whom are poorly educated with little or no skills.
And migration as above and true asylum seekers should be bound by knowing if they break the law they will be returned whence they came (though obviously serious stuff not littering or parking fines etc)

without a doubt , besides the comments though what is being discussed , but good luck sorting out economic migrants from true asylum seekers.

Every migrant that comes here  from outside europe , thats the majority of them , or two in three , claim to be from some war torn shithole and in need of asylum.
And yeah world population is the problem not climate change also as I said to you elsewhere the next big thing is AI and automation,there will be many enforced idle hands so what happens then?

jobs are only a tiny part of the eqaution  .The big problem the uk currnently has is plenty of jobs , but not enough resources infrastructure and housing school places etc  , which will always be a problem wether robots do all the work or not and human overpopulation continues and grows.

It took thousands of years for the human popualtion to reach 1 billion by the year 1900 , and within 121 years we are now approaching 9 billion.

so its a bit of a false argument.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 30, 2021, 11:44:03 AMAnd yeah world population is the problem not climate change also as I said to you elsewhere the next big thing is AI and automation,there will be many enforced idle hands so what happens then?
It seems the neo-Liberal elite have a plan for that, rocket off to another planet, while they transfer their minds into AI and leave their followers who paid for it with a thankyou note. Sound a bit far fetched?

cromwell

Well it's not as if any migration is better than another,if someone can come here and offer a skill in short supply and aren't expecting the rest of us to respect some stone age values,who cares from which part of the world they come.

And migration as above and true asylum seekers should be bound by knowing if they break the law they will be returned whence they came (though obviously serious stuff not littering or parking fines etc)

And yeah world population is the problem not climate change also as I said to you elsewhere the next big thing is AI and automation,there will be many enforced idle hands so what happens then?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 30, 2021, 11:31:47 AM
Great post, McTavish   :D

We've had some scarcely believeable characters "debating" this issue on our forums over the years. My favourite of all time was Dizzy (or something like that) - who claimed during the Syrian crisis that there should be NO restrictions whatsoever on whoever wanted to come here, and that further, we should build homes for them in Kent. Why Kent I've no idea, but thats what he wanted. It turned out he had a "guest house" in France and was going to offer up space for these "Migrantz", but he seemed to disappear not long after making that claim.

He was an absolute hard wired, bed wetting, fruit cake liberal of the kind that will sink us all if given a chance. I remember him calling me a racist over and over again because I wouldn't agree with his ludicrous ideas, and more embarrassing still, asked him to clarify why they were "refugees" when most of them were clearly not. These kind of fruit bats move from one "cause" to the next, demanding absurd policies and eye watering amounts of money be spent on any and every chancer who turns up. A huge raft of them invaded Oxford Circus again this week. Cor Blimey , if ever there was a legitimate use for large quantities of baton rounds, followed by a lot of soap and water, they are fecking it  :D :D :D

Aye deppity i think i mind who you are talking about. Was that the headcase who was living in a tent ( so he said) in a wiltshire field who had a quarter ounce of weed for breakfast every morning and thought of himself as momentums pr department? :D

To be honest mate , i come on here to get a break from them on many of the scottish sites.

Great people in the scot indy movement deppity , but the amount of feckin loopy bed wetting limp wristed left wing liberals among them is unbelievable.

On a serious note , i see the much respected sir david attenborough is oft trawled out by the media to talk about "climate change" , which seems to be every governments pet hobby at the minute.

What is often overlooked is sir davids constant arguemnt about human overpopulation destroying much of the planets wildlfe , oceans and a whole raft of things while governments simply want to talk about taxing hackney harry in his 4 by 4 to cure the problems of global warming.

Laughable rubbish.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 11:09:21 AMNot difficult to see its not sustainable ,and the ever expanding demographic ponzi scheme practiced by governments to fund services etc is going to run out of road eventually , while governments ignore the elephant in the room of human overpopualtion driving major problems around the globe while bleating about climate change.

Still you should know by now there is no common sense in this debate , it all boils down to non eu migration is better than eu migration , we have plenty of room ( but no resources and infrastructure to accomodate them) and if all else fails , scream racist.

Great post, McTavish   :D

We've had some scarcely believeable characters "debating" this issue on our forums over the years. My favourite of all time was Dizzy (or something like that) - who claimed during the Syrian crisis that there should be NO restrictions whatsoever on whoever wanted to come here, and that further, we should build homes for them in Kent. Why Kent I've no idea, but thats what he wanted. It turned out he had a "guest house" in France and was going to offer up space for these "Migrantz", but he seemed to disappear not long after making that claim.

He was an absolute hard wired, bed wetting, fruit cake liberal of the kind that will sink us all if given a chance. I remember him calling me a racist over and over again because I wouldn't agree with his ludicrous ideas, and more embarrassing still, asked him to clarify why they were "refugees" when most of them were clearly not. These kind of fruit bats move from one "cause" to the next, demanding absurd policies and eye watering amounts of money be spent on any and every chancer who turns up. A huge raft of these middle class saviours invaded Oxford Circus again this week. f f s If ever there was a legitimate use for large quantities of baton rounds, followed by a lot of soap and water, they are fecking it  :D :D :D

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on August 30, 2021, 10:39:59 AM
Some of the top hotels on Lords Street in Southport have been reduced to refugee jungles. People get abused by them when they walk passed, the hotel is wrecked.

Nick the uk government has signed a £5 billion pound contract over so many years for uk hotels to "house" these people until suitable accomadation can be found. ( ie build more houses.)

We are talking 5.7 million non eu migrants , bigger than the popualtion of scotland , 90 % of whom are living in england , and as we know england is not much bigger than scotland , or to be exact , scotland is around 30 000 square miles to england 50 000.

The tax contribution argument that was brought up above is bogus as we know. This was punted by new labour supproters post 2004 when they argued eu migrants contributed more tax than what they were taking out. ( bearing in mind eu migrants were on average more skilled and better educated than those from asia and africa  who make up the bulk of migration )

This was a false argument , as it didnt take into consideration the land and housing needed to accomodate them , and the infrasctructure and resources etc etc etc all to accomadate "a few" uber drivers as borkie puts it on miminum wage if not below.

Then , later on , these people also get sick and ill , and become pensioners , with all the relevant benefits and entitlements ( bearing in mind the issue we already have of having worst state pension in developed world as we cannot afford a decent pension according to government) all housed in a country by and large ( thats yours in England) that could fit in France 5 times over but has a comparable population.

Not difficult to see its not sustainable ,and the ever expanding demographic ponzi scheme practiced by governments to fund services etc is going to run out of road eventually , while governments ignore the elephant in the room of human overpopualtion driving major problems around the globe while bleating about climate change.

Still you should know by now there is no common sense in this debate , it all boils down to non eu migration is better than eu migration , we have plenty of room ( but no resources and infrastructure to accomodate them) and if all else fails , scream racist.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 09:56:21 AM
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what they are actually doing, but it seems nobody has a clue, except they don't drive lorries or pick fruit and veg.They cannot be nurses and doctors either, as we always have a shortage.

Well the government and groups like migration watch are saying officially the majority of them come here for "NON WORK " reasons like to study or link up with family members already here , but as we know , they probably end up in the gig economy or slave labour.

Nick

Some of the top hotels on Lords Street in Southport have been reduced to refugee jungles. People get abused by them when they walk passed, the hotel is wrecked.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 30, 2021, 10:31:35 AM
They are paying tax and national insurance as I referenced earlier.  If you are so interested what their occupations are ask HMRC.
(That or wait for the results of the last census to be published.)
Like I said, you don't have a clue either. So, stop wasting my time.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 30, 2021, 09:56:21 AM
I am still waiting for someone to tell me what they are actually doing, but it seems nobody has a clue, except they don't drive lorries or pick fruit and veg.They cannot be nurses and doctors either, as we always have a shortage.

They are paying tax and national insurance as I referenced earlier.  If you are so interested what their occupations are ask HMRC.
(That or wait for the results of the last census to be published.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 30, 2021, 09:07:44 AM
The uk has a foreign born population of over 9 million people ,( up to 2020 ) and the majority of them are from outside the EU , some 5.7 million.

So the afghans as part of the wider non EU migration will definetly undermine the building trade far more than eu migrants did.

The tories have non EU migration through the roof , so in my opinion you are splitting hairs and ignoring  the vast majority of immigration as i said before mate because

1. its not european.

2. A sad puppy dog face has been put on non EU migration ( lets take a hit for the army) ie afghan "refugees" to justify it.

Your arguments just dont stack up mate. A migrant is a migrant with all the same problems you have largely argued over the years irresepctive of where  they come from and whatever puerile reasons the uk government can think up to justify it.

1. The foreign-born population of the UK was estimated to be 9.2 million in 2019/20 - 90% of whom were residing in England. Three to four million (38%) were born in the European Union (EU) and 5.7 million (just under two in three) had been born outside the EU