Boris to blame?

Started by cromwell, August 18, 2021, 11:21:27 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 05:59:34 PM
Well I appreciate you have a lot of knowedge of the area,I don't see the Chinese people or Russians as an enemy but their govts don't have our best interests at heart (and in reality why should they) we just disagree from time to time on how each side is viewed. ;)

On the old old forum I told the Yanks (they had their own section it was mad at times) that their power was waning and before long they'd be replaced by China,they either got the hump or treated it with derision,are they laughing now?
They ain't finished yet by a long chalk and yeah the pacific is what occupies their minds now.

No it isn't ditched but what Biden has done must be worrying European leaders and they need to concentrate their minds on security without much if any help from the yanks,remainers here will take this episode to say we must return to the eu fold,just my opinion but if the clamour starts I'll take that fiver off you.....oh bugger you didn't take the bet :P

You make an important point in the first part of this. I'm pretty sure the average peasant bears the UK little ill will, but the billionaire playboys "running" major enterprises in both have to dance to the tune played by their political master's military band,or else.

Vladimir has already demonstrated his preparedness to commit crimes Nuremberg was created by the yanks to prevent a repeat of. He used chemical agents againsta "terrorist group" knowing large numbers of their hostages would die, and refused hospitals requests for details of the agent used, preferring the witnesses to his acts die as an acceptable collateral damage. His political critics don't last long.

And as for China, I've seen the software payload the state mandated iPhones issued to those allowed to work in the west comprises....[size=78%] [/size]

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2021, 08:45:05 PM
And you served in the military for how long?

Only the cadets at Grammar School. I do however know a number of serving and ex-squaddies some of whom have bits of their body missing/mental health problems caused by active service. (Mainly in Afghanistan.)
I will be seeing most of them next weekend.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 20, 2021, 07:39:35 AM
Have you ever considered a career as a comedian?

And you served in the military for how long?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 20, 2021, 12:25:11 AM
Kabul airport is currently under US control, a simple procedure to pass it to U.K. control.

Have you ever considered a career as a comedian?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 19, 2021, 07:02:11 AM
Really? The British armed services have been cut to ribbons since may 2010. Where would the air cover needed be based? (Where would the air cover come from?)

Kabul airport is currently under US control, a simple procedure to pass it to U.K. control.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 19, 2021, 01:43:17 PM
I am glad you can see that. The yanks are only interested now in the Asia Pacific region. If anything goes down in Europe, it is going to left to the Europeans to sort out.

Well I appreciate you have a lot of knowedge of the area,I don't see the Chinese people or Russians as an enemy but their govts don't have our best interests at heart (and in reality why should they) we just disagree from time to time on how each side is viewed. ;)

On the old old forum I told the Yanks (they had their own section it was mad at times) that their power was waning and before long they'd be replaced by China,they either got the hump or treated it with derision,are they laughing now?
They ain't finished yet by a long chalk and yeah the pacific is what occupies their minds now.

Quote from: Barry on August 19, 2021, 01:08:14 PM
I thought we were still signed up to co-operation with the EU military forces. I don't think it was ditched with Brexit, I may be wrong.

No it isn't ditched but what Biden has done must be worrying European leaders and they need to concentrate their minds on security without much if any help from the yanks,remainers here will take this episode to say we must return to the eu fold,just my opinion but if the clamour starts I'll take that fiver off you.....oh bugger you didn't take the bet :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: Sampanviking on August 19, 2021, 01:43:17 PM
I am glad you can see that. The yanks are only interested now in the Asia Pacific region. If anything goes down in Europe, it is going to left to the Europeans to sort out.

And probably not even that. Daft Joe may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but even he has twigged that the Pax America has brought the Yanks more kicks than ha'pence and that bringing the legions home is a vote winner.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 19, 2021, 02:10:27 PM
The UK seems to be falling well short of the aspiration of being Global Britain, and in danger of scrabbling around in the dust of others and becoming an also-ran...

Good. I see no advantages in being the world's policeman. In the meantime, I can't see any reason not to help out a few poor sods who are being threatened with death or worse by the numb nutted bigots in their homeland.
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 19, 2021, 01:10:49 PM
Britain could stand against the world if the British choose to, but it doesn't chose, which is why we dumped the empire.

I can't see what advantage there is in remaining in Afghanistan. It seems to be a lot of religious bigots who like killing each other and we have enough of those in Ulster.

We can accommodate a few thousand extra immigrants and if we can't we should bloody well learn. I doubt that matters will extend beyond a few extra dole bloggers and uber drivers.

Overall, we are in great danger of showing ourselves to be particularly mean spirited over this matter.
The UK seems to be falling well short of the aspiration of being Global Britain, and in danger of scrabbling around in the dust of others and becoming an also-ran...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 12:57:39 PM
We can't rely on the yanks anymore,we need to be strengthening the european arm of NATO,I can see on the horizon because of this event many calls to rejoin the eu any takers for a bet to the contrary?we shouldn't but do need to make plans to protect ourselves.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on August 19, 2021, 12:39:04 PMI have posted before that BJ is on borrowed time IMO
But then toots everyone is on borrowed time in one way or another, it only matters how you go about using that borrowed time in the best way you see fit. I am not sure Boris isn't some kind of timewaster.

Sheepy

I think it must be something in the water, if they ain't hiding under the bed they want to wear a skirt for Brussels.

Borchester

Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2021, 11:58:36 PM
Britain could hold the Taliban without the US quite easily but Biden has made a big mistake and cooked his goose over this. He has revealed himself (maybe) to be the senile buffoon he advertised himself as.

Britain could stand against the world if the British choose to, but it doesn't chose, which is why we dumped the empire.

I can't see what advantage there is in remaining in Afghanistan. It seems to be a lot of religious bigots who like killing each other and we have enough of those in Ulster.

We can accommodate a few thousand extra immigrants and if we can't we should bloody well learn. I doubt that matters will extend beyond a few extra dole bloggers and uber drivers.

Overall, we are in great danger of showing ourselves to be particularly mean spirited over this matter.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on August 19, 2021, 12:57:39 PMI can see on the horizon because of this event many calls to rejoin the eu any takers for a bet to the contrary?we shouldn't but do need to make plans to protect ourselves.
I thought we were still signed up to co-operation with the EU military forces. I don't think it was ditched with Brexit, I may be wrong.
† The end is nigh †