You don't qualify for a blue badge

Started by cromwell, August 31, 2021, 10:27:06 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2021, 12:49:11 PM
That is why blue badge has the holders photograph on it.
Also the criteria has been widened, (but the government has not publicised that fact and or the media/press has not reported it, giving   the nasty ignorant people more scope for being wrong about blue badge holders.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/people-with-hidden-disabilities-can-access-blue-badges-for-the-first-time-from-today

People with hidden disabilities can access Blue Badges for the first time from today
Expanded eligibility and simplified application process for Blue Badges

Department for Transport and The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP
Published
30 August 2019

I know all about it. Largely because my youngest actually does qualify
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 01, 2021, 12:40:38 PM

And other assholes get a kick out of harassing the permanently crippled and the terminally ill

There are far too many of those very nasty people on internet forums.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on September 01, 2021, 12:40:38 PM
A decision that the badge is to be limited to those with a particular degree of immobility should be open and public, as should the name of the scumspawn creating that amendment.

That is why blue badge has the holders photograph on it.
Also the criteria has been widened, (but the government has not publicised that fact and or the media/press has not reported it, giving   the nasty ignorant people more scope for being wrong about blue badge holders.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/people-with-hidden-disabilities-can-access-blue-badges-for-the-first-time-from-today

People with hidden disabilities can access Blue Badges for the first time from today
Expanded eligibility and simplified application process for Blue Badges

Department for Transport and The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP
Published
30 August 2019

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on September 01, 2021, 11:29:01 AM

And so it should be difficult, too many swinging the lead in this country already.

When you are so stricken by prostate cancer putting one foot in front of another hurts so much you stay a prisoner at home rather than face the pain, remind me to run this post past you when your own application is turned down.

The issue - which anyone who knows anyone who has applied for one - is split along two fundamentally different fault lines

The first is abuse of the system, which usually comes down to people having the badge in their car for the benefit of someone else.

I recall being whinged at by some parking Gestapo at University Hospital. The same bastard that held me up when dad was dying in the fifth floor, so I didn't get there in time. My formal complaint was met by a stone wall of silence, mostly embarrassment on their side.

The second and totally separate issue is the third degree those the bloke on the clapham omnibus would almost certainly agree deserve one get subjected to.

Like the clown who decided this one legged serviceman should be "reassessed".

The problem here is that there seems to be a systemic failure to recognise conditions unlikely to improve (and stage mesothelioma or pancreatic cancer are good examples)

In reality the issue is that some ass hole at the "top" decides the criteria need to be more stringent without setting proper boundaries.

And other assholes get a kick out of harassing the permanently crippled and the terminally ill

A decision that the badge is to be limited to those with a particular degree of immobility in future should be open and public, as should the name of the scumspawn creating that amendment.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

And so it should be difficult, too many swinging the lead in this country already.

And most of the complaints come from other folk classed as disabled. There seems to be a competition in this country to see who is the most disadvantaged. I was on the bus a while back and there was a lass sitting on one of the disabled seats, whereupon an old fellow creaked on board and told her to get up.

And I told her to sit.

And grandpa Death said that he was disabled, whereupon I replied that being a cripple was no excuse for acting like a C@@@.

I reckon that he was lucky. My old mum is in heaven above at God's right hand, but if she ever looked down and saw how some of these so called men behave she would return to earth and break her stick across their backs.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Those are usually in work. I used to reply when asked "how many people work where you work?"   "About half of them." (I was not joking.)

I would also point out a significant number of blue badge holders are in work. Having a blue badge enables many disabled people to work.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 01, 2021, 08:21:25 AMIt is in fact "expletive deleted," difficult to get a blue badge

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2021, 05:36:59 AM

The point being that the blue badge system is open to abuse

But NOT by the badge holders.  The fraudulent use is by use of the badge when the badge holder is not with the vehicle, or it is a stolen badge.
It is in fact "expletive deleted," difficult to get a blue badge, and I would personally, make sure anyone fraudulently using one would end up needing one.
I sometimes display a blue badge on our car, when I am taking a blue badge holder to hospital appointments or similar. That is a legitimate use.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on August 31, 2021, 10:27:06 PM
Even though you are missing half a leg.

And the brilliant letter from his GP.

Having in the past supported people applying for a badge and coming across officials with less medical knowledge than the average bbc casualty viewer I know how he feels.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9942931/Amputee-asked-prove-hes-disabled-parking-officials-shares-sarcastic-letter-GP.html

A true leg-end

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 01, 2021, 05:36:59 AM
The council cash cow that is the parking industry both fees and fines has always it seems had its own court ,judge and jury . Avoiding them is in itself an achievement which reminds me of my old Mum .

She used to work with disabled people , taking them shopping and such and had a blue badge for this purpose . Come the weekend of course when taking the 6 grandkids on a day out the easiest option was of course to park in the blue badge spot .

It always amused me that the kids thought they had   to act disabled when leaving the car resulting in a sort of ministry of silly walks competition until out of site of any of the ticketing Nazis aka the parking warden .

The point being that the blue badge system is open to abuse however innocently done but is easily solved by putting the blue badge parking bays as far away as possible from the store door

Which would then defeat the object.
Penalties for misuse mean a criminal record,recently a Soton student was fined £5000 for using his grans badge and a criminal record which can affect in many ways.

QuoteFrom what I've seen most of them could do with the exercise

And therein lies the problem people setting themselves up as judge and jury,I know of a woman often roundly abused much to her distress not for using a parking bay but a disabled toilet "You don't look disabled to me" usually accompanied by a few choice Anglo Saxon words, and their medical knowledge to judge is usually nil.

There are people with physical or mental disabilities,sometimes both who have problems not always visible who could do without the hassle from people.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

The council cash cow that is the parking industry both fees and fines has always it seems had its own court ,judge and jury . Avoiding them is in itself an achievement which reminds me of my old Mum .

She used to work with disabled people , taking them shopping and such and had a blue badge for this purpose . Come the weekend of course when taking the 6 grandkids on a day out the easiest option was of course to park in the blue badge spot .

It always amused me that the kids thought they had   to act disabled when leaving the car resulting in a sort of ministry of silly walks competition until out of site of any of the ticketing Nazis aka the parking warden .

The point being that the blue badge system is open to abuse however innocently done but is easily solved by putting the blue badge parking bays as far away as possible from the store door .

From what I've seen most of them could do with the exercise

cromwell

Even though you are missing half a leg.

And the brilliant letter from his GP.

Having in the past supported people applying for a badge and coming across officials with less medical knowledge than the average bbc casualty viewer I know how he feels.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9942931/Amputee-asked-prove-hes-disabled-parking-officials-shares-sarcastic-letter-GP.html
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?