Co-Pay

Started by Nick, September 13, 2021, 01:51:19 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

That's enough, off topic.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 04:54:05 PM
I am laughing at you, because you openly admitted I was correct then had to do a quick swerve.

I did no such thing. You have yet to be correct about anything.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 04:44:47 PM
It is nothing to laugh about. There are in normal times 15 million trip a year from Britain to France by ferry.

You may well be happy and don't mind being trapped in Britain. Millions of other people don't.

I am laughing at you, because you openly admitted I was correct then had to do a quick swerve.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 04:11:21 PM
LOL

It is nothing to laugh about. There are in normal times 15 million trip a year from Britain to France by ferry.

You may well be happy and don't mind being trapped in Britain. Millions of other people don't.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 04:09:22 PM
Brexit has added a massive amount of regulations costs to going to Europe and now Britain is no longer a member of the EU.
LOL

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 04:05:04 PM
Of course, you are right sheepy, it never did, but covid has. You know when you said it would just take a little more effort you were right.

Brexit has added a massive amount of regulations costs to going to Europe and now Britain is no longer a member of the EU.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 04:02:32 PM
Brexit has added a lot of costs and hassle. (Plus an extra half an hour been added to getting on and off the ferry both sides of the channel due to inspections and paperwork checks.)
Of course, you are right sheepy, it never did, but covid has. You know when you said it would just take a little more effort you were right.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on September 19, 2021, 03:56:55 PM
So you finally admit it, Brexit was never stopping you going to Brittany but covid was.

Brexit has added a lot of costs and hassle. (Plus an extra half an hour been added to getting on and off the ferry both sides of the channel due to inspections and paperwork checks.)

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 03:27:36 PM
There were so many people using the Brittany ferries website yesterday it ceased functioning properly I had to make a booking by phone. (I suspect the Plymouth/Roscoff ferries are now fully booked.)
Luckily I had a credit which has come very close to paying for the trip.
Cornwall is also now so expensive I hope the over tourism and major problems will have put a lot of people off of coming here next year.
So you finally admit it, Brexit was never stopping you going to Brittany but covid was.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 19, 2021, 02:10:48 PM
Don't worry they are opening up foreign travel so people who saw what the South West offered this year probably won't return. This year staycation tourism was forced.

There were so many people using the Brittany ferries website yesterday it ceased functioning properly I had to make a booking by phone. (I suspect the Plymouth/Roscoff ferries are now fully booked.)
Luckily I had a credit which has come very close to paying for the trip.
Cornwall is also now so expensive I hope the over tourism and major problems will have put a lot of people off of coming here next year.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 01:12:52 PM
Cornwall CANNOT take the sheer numbers of tourists who came this year.
What is so difficult for you to understand about that?
Some of the damage done by tourists this year to SSSIs in the area is going to take decades to remedy.
Even the idiot in charge of Cornwall tourism now realises the sheer numbers cannot be handled.
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-04-01/cornwall-tourism-chief-wants-to-cut-summer-visitor-numbers
Cornwall tourism chief wants to cut summer visitor numbers
Cornwall's tourism chief has called for moves to cut the number of people visiting the Duchy in the summer and increase winter tourism instead.

Malcolm Bell, chief executive of Visit Cornwall, also said that Cornwall could be a pilot area for a new register of accommodation providers.

His comments were made in a presentation about a Sustainable Tourism Strategy which is being drawn up to look at how the tourism industry should operate in Cornwall.

The document is aimed at improving the industry while making it more sustainable and environmentally friendly.

Don't worry they are opening up foreign travel so people who saw what the South West offered this year probably won't return. This year staycation tourism was forced.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:54:05 PM

Cornwall is a tourist county, you may not want the grockles but I'm damn sure the local businesses do.

Cornwall CANNOT take the sheer numbers of tourists who came this year.
What is so difficult for you to understand about that?
Some of the damage done by tourists this year to SSSIs in the area is going to take decades to remedy.
Even the idiot in charge of Cornwall tourism now realises the sheer numbers cannot be handled.
https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-04-01/cornwall-tourism-chief-wants-to-cut-summer-visitor-numbers
Cornwall tourism chief wants to cut summer visitor numbers
Cornwall's tourism chief has called for moves to cut the number of people visiting the Duchy in the summer and increase winter tourism instead.

Malcolm Bell, chief executive of Visit Cornwall, also said that Cornwall could be a pilot area for a new register of accommodation providers.

His comments were made in a presentation about a Sustainable Tourism Strategy which is being drawn up to look at how the tourism industry should operate in Cornwall.

The document is aimed at improving the industry while making it more sustainable and environmentally friendly.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 12:54:05 PM
If that's the case it's the roads that are the issue, not the tourists.

The roads cannot be changed. The far too many tourists here is the problem. You cannot get a gallon into a pint pot, it really is as simple as that.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 19, 2021, 10:58:33 AM
Nick it is not the main roads that are the problems, the cart tracks that are laughingly called roads locally are.
They just cannot handle the mass influx of far more tourists than is manageable.
If there is an accident on the one road into the village the road is shut for hours. Before this year that rarely happened, this year it has happened regularly. (That plus the ignorant obstructive parking by tourists has made this year a nightmare.)

If that's the case it's the roads that are the issue, not the tourists.

Clarkson held a village meeting when they complained about his farm shop. When he pointed out that the local pubs takings had quadruple, the locals shops, restaurants and petrol station were booming they all went a bit quiet.

Cornwall is a tourist county, you may not want the grockles but I'm damn sure the local businesses do.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2021, 10:46:00 AM
I was there a month ago if you remember and apart from the section of A30 after the M5 it was fine. Clearly your level of patience is lower than mine so we'll leave it there.

Nick it is not the main roads that are the problems, the cart tracks that are laughingly called roads locally are.
They just cannot handle the mass influx of far more tourists than is manageable.
If there is an accident on the one road into the village the road is shut for hours. Before this year that rarely happened, this year it has happened regularly. (That plus the ignorant obstructive parking by tourists has made this year a nightmare.)