How about moving offending threads to the Chat Box?

Started by Borchester, September 15, 2021, 08:59:22 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 11:26:17 AM
Why deprive the Mods of their function? Weren't they complaining recently how dull everything was. Have a heart!  Dancing
I saw a thread earlier where someone called Tarn was wondering why his ban had been rescinded, having been banned for constantly reporting abuse instead of using the ignore function. Yet I was advised against using the ignore button by one mod. I am wondering if the mods would prefer us to put insulters, character assassinators, defamers, and name callers on ignore rather than have to do anything about them themselves.

So if any of the usual suspects decides to knuckle drag themselves into their chosen school playground once more and express their inner 10 year old, am uncertain about whether to report them or just put them on ignore. Doing the latter is a problem because some of them can be adults at other times, and be entertaining and/or make interesting points.

I am expecting some inbound playground rubbish directed at me before too long.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 15, 2021, 11:26:17 AM
Why deprive the Mods of their function? Weren't they complaining recently how dull everything was. Have a heart!  Dancing

The forum should be a safe place, it isn't which is why so few people are joining it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on September 15, 2021, 11:08:59 AM
Why not just shut the eff up with the gratuitous insults and treat this place like a grown up debating forum and not a school playground, and there will be no problems with any threads. That applies to everyone including me.

Precisely.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: Borchester on September 15, 2021, 08:59:22 AM
Apparently that is not possible right now but I imagine that with a bit of thought such a thing could be done.

As far as I can see, we have a few resident f**kers who spent most of their lives being offended. That is no way for a man to behave but such whores' melts can't see that.

So to avoid placing the Mods in a difficult position and terminating interesting threads, why not just move the latter to the Chat Box?
Why not just shut the eff up with the gratuitous insults and treat this place like a grown up debating forum and not a school playground, and there will be no problems with any threads. That applies to everyone including me.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Apparently that is not possible right now but I imagine that with a bit of thought such a thing could be done.

As far as I can see, we have a few resident fuckers who spent most of their lives being offended. That is no way for a man to behave but such whores' melts can't see that.

So to avoid placing the Mods in a difficult position and terminating interesting threads, why not just move the latter to the Chat Box?
Algerie Francais !