Main Menu

Aukus

Started by Nick, September 16, 2021, 01:56:27 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2021, 01:39:44 AM
I didn't, I went for the Rugby World Cup.
and i didn't go out to just eat steak.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 23, 2021, 01:04:14 AMAnd you wouldn't have spent a fortune to goto Japan to eat a steak !

I didn't, I went for the Rugby World Cup.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 23, 2021, 12:44:54 AM
Well there you have it, you all had your pants pulled down and paid stupid money for a star and not the food.

I on the other hand had it in Kobe, Japan where it is the finest in the world. I paid for the meat and not a star.
well it didn't cost me a penny and beside the steak the food was fab.
Like you though its not all about value for money or we'd have ended up in a all you can eat place. And you wouldn't have spent a fortune to goto Japan to eat a steak !

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 22, 2021, 11:31:03 PM
I'd never heard of them, but they seem to have imported them into the UK and are breeding them.
They look good.

It tastes amazing, prob not worth the money they charge but as a one off is special.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 11:48:21 PM
a restaurant in dublin, rustic stone, michelin star so very expensive. I wasnt paying but a meal for 4 with wines was prob 150 to 200 a head. But this restaurant has a great reputation. Others liked it, just not to my liking.

Well there you have it, you all had your pants pulled down and paid stupid money for a star and not the food.

I on the other hand had it in Kobe, Japan where it is the finest in the world. I paid for the meat and not a star.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2021, 11:13:41 PM
Where did you have it? And how much did you pay for it?
a restaurant in dublin, rustic stone, michelin star so very expensive. I wasnt paying but a meal for 4 with wines was prob 150 to 200 a head. But this restaurant has a great reputation. Others liked it, just not to my liking.

Barry

I'd never heard of them, but they seem to have imported them into the UK and are breeding them.
They look good.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:57:20 PMWagyu is way over-rate, had it once

Where did you have it? And how much did you pay for it?

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 04:37:04 PM
Have you tried it, terrible taste in my opinion, so much fuss, very disappointing.

I suspect it depends who cooks it.

https://www.firstlight.farm/grass-fed-wagyu/wagyu-cooking-tips/
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on September 22, 2021, 04:02:39 PM
Market for UK cheese in Japan is apparently only 20 tonnes. Wagyu cattle are now being bred and raised in Britain so no imports from Japan necessary.
Have you tried it, terrible taste in my opinion, so much fuss, very disappointing.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on September 22, 2021, 03:57:20 PM

Japan accounts for 2% of UK trade, will Japan buy that much stilton. Wagyu is way over-rate, had it once, wouldn't again. Funny that those deals you show as shining examples are nearly the furthest you can go on the planet from the UK, is that a new ground breaking trade innovation.

Market for UK cheese in Japan is apparently only 20 tonnes. Wagyu cattle are now being bred and raised in Britain so no imports from Japan necessary.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Is that it? Most have no meat lol

Apart from the fact you were jumping up and down a few posts ago about killing our farmers, there is plenty of meat on there.

Australia
New Zealand
USA
Japan (Wagyu, best in the world bar maybe Argentinian)

How much meat do you want?

USA, seriously. Google brendan boyle https://twitter.com/RepBrendanBoyle/status/1440527117482020869 and see what he has to say about USA-UK trade deal. In fact look at Johnson's recent visit with Biden and see how the trade talks went there.
Japan accounts for 2% of UK trade, will Japan buy that much stilton. Wagyu is way over-rate, had it once, wouldn't again. Funny that those deals you show as shining examples are nearly the furthest you can go on the planet from the UK, is that a new ground breaking trade innovation.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 07:30:01 PM

A list of deals on an official government website is hardly propaganda is it.

The propaganda is how good the government states they are. Which if the time is taken to look closely at each deal soon shoots that propaganda down in flames.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 21, 2021, 06:55:06 PM
Nick you know damned well I was not referring to meat as in animal flesh.

How am I supposed to know what you meant, I'm not a mind reader.

There is either nothing in the link or it's a joke, make your mind up.
It's the basic premise of the deals, not the full blown deal. The point was the number of deals and value, nothing more.

Frankly you are very easily fooled by government propaganda.

A list of deals on an official government website is hardly propaganda is it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2021, 06:52:15 PM
Is that it? Most have no meat lol

Apart from the fact you were jumping up and down a few posts ago about killing our farmers, there is plenty of meat on there.

Australia
New Zealand
USA
Japan (Wagyu, best in the world bar maybe Argentinian)

How much meat do you want?

Nick you know damned well I was not referring to meat as in animal flesh.
Frankly you are very easily fooled by government propaganda.