Tory lead cut to five points

Started by Borchester, December 11, 2019, 10:38:51 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Double oops. Apparently the Tories are expected to have a majority of 86 and the SNP to pick up 55 seats which will mean Thomas will be bloody well unbearable
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Oops. Apparently my suggestion that the Tories would be reduced to a not much of sod all lead was a tad premature.

According to the exit polls the Tories should have a 50 seat majority. And the SNP are also expected to do well, probably because Thomas has spent the last few weeks banging on doors instead of banging on here about Scottie type matters.
Algerie Francais !

PhantomPhlyer

Opinion!

One day they' re up, one day they're down

One day we smile the next day we frown

One day it's good news the next day it's bad

One day we're happy, the next day we're sad

Yes, Opinion  Polling can be uplifting on occasion

But sometimes it's clearly slanted against this great nation

Because to people like Corbyn  'Patriotism' is just a  bad swear word

But many others of course consider this view to be completely absurd

Confused are so many about Labour's policy on Europe and the EU

So, to help you understand it all Jezza, "the EU is not Europe , just like ' I am not you'l

The EU is a political being, not a friendship , not a kin

It's just an inward looking club which we have chosen no longer to be in

Brexiteers  are not anti Europe, nothing is further from the truth

Just as protesting is not limited only to youth

Just as voting to leave was not only by the Old

And also just as Brexit will not leave us out in the cold

The Original Vote was for us to be in a partnership for trade

Instead a Political beast has secretly & underhandedly  been made

A cartel of nations  some poorer , some ok and some rich

And when we leave the EU our friends in Europe we still will not ditch

'Cause  we are Great Britain Jezza, not something from the World Three

And we always look after our friends , yes Europeans that is thee

We may be leaving your Political group

But be assured, remember our history, we will never leave you in the soup

I voted BoJo!

Churchill

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=9446 time=1576173609 user_id=53
A hung parliament then ?  :(

They should be IMO all of em :lol:
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=9446 time=1576173609 user_id=53
A hung parliament then ?  :(

Probably not. I reckon on 44%+ for the Tories and 30%- 33% for Labour. My original belief that the Tories get an extra 10% of their expected vote has taken a bit of a kicking. In practice it appears that the Tories usually do better than predicted and the Labour party worse.

So it looks as though Boris will be home and dry.

Bit off topic but has anyone noticed how animal rights legislation is creeping into Tory policy statements? I don't know if this is because Carrie Symonds is an animal rights nut and Boris balls rule his head, but it is all to the good.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9279 time=1576105488 user_id=62
You are probably right, but it does give a little interest to an otherwise quiet election.

Other that the wall to wall politics on TV,  the Press, and a few internet forums, where I live there has been next to no sign of an election. Posters in windows next to non existent, no billboards by the roadside in farmers fields.

There were some canvassers, Lib-Dem and for the first time ever Labour, (My notice on my front door dissuaded them from knocking.) No Tories.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Nick post_id=9276 time=1576104331 user_id=73
Think the a Telegraph are playing games. It's still 10 to 12 points lead as of an hour ago on every site I've looked at. The bookies, who aren't usually far off are showing the Tories at 20 to 1 on.

You are probably right, but it does give a little interest to an otherwise quiet election.
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: Borchester post_id=9274 time=1576103931 user_id=62
According to the latest poll that is

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/general-election-knife-edge-last-poll-campaign-shows-tory-lead/">//https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/general-election-knife-edge-last-poll-campaign-shows-tory-lead/%20%20%20

Think the a Telegraph are playing games. It's still 10 to 12 points lead as of an hour ago on every site I've looked at. The bookies, who aren't usually far off are showing the Tories at 20 to 1 on.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

According to the latest poll that is

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/general-election-knife-edge-last-poll-campaign-shows-tory-lead/">//https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/11/general-election-knife-edge-last-poll-campaign-shows-tory-lead/%20%20%20
Algerie Francais !