It's gonna be a cold lonely winter

Started by T00ts, September 20, 2021, 11:13:22 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2021, 11:42:49 AM
I think you will find that is £200 not £100.

I am glad to see that you have managed to keep your womenfolk under control Pappy. For the rest of us it is £200 for the couple and Mrs Borchester demands her cut.

Actually, at one stage we were both getting two ton each (we share three different names and the Department for Oldies could not be arsed to sort the matter out), but then madam got all po faced and honest and told them to make it £100 each.

She is a good lass, but she can be a bit too decent at times.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

I thought cold was gods way of telling us to burn more Catholics. Lady Whiteadder certainly thought so
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on September 20, 2021, 11:56:08 AM
Perhaps they should ban boilers with pilot lights. Mine uses 120W when doing nothing. There are better ignition options.Yes, you are right! I read it again. Woo hoo!
Perhaps they should stop inventing a crisis weekly, but then what would Jeremy do for drama?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Everything is fine - Jeremy Vine must have read my post and is discussing as I write. By  the end of his programme all will be clear!

Oh - no wind this year, and fire in a pipe from the EU. Ahh!

Barry

Perhaps they should ban boilers with pilot lights. Mine uses 120W when doing nothing. There are better ignition options.
Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2021, 11:42:49 AM
Yes, you are right! I read it again. Woo hoo!
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 20, 2021, 11:36:30 AM
Looks like my £100 newly paid "coal allowance", as Borchester calls it, will be eaten up before I even get it.
I might have to send the Mrs out to do a bit of nursing.

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Looks like my £100 newly paid "coal allowance", as Borchester calls it, will be eaten up before I even get it.
I might have to send the Mrs out to do a bit of nursing.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 20, 2021, 11:13:22 AM
This might belong in Economics but hey ho!

What's going on with the gas? As far as I can discover our stocks off Scotland are on the way out and we import from Norway mostly and a couple of other places. Prices have rocketed (why?) so small gas suppliers have gone to the wall leaving customers looking for a new home but in the meantime BJ is being asked for billions of £s to shore up the struggling industry. Why am I seeing refs to Russia?

Am I in for a freeze this winter and need to rush out and stock up on sheepskins to avert hypothermia or is there really no need to panic and all will be well for Christmas? I can't get my head around it at all.

Dunno Toots. I got a message from the power company which said that due to rising energy costs they might have to put their prices up. I said that in that case I might have to look for another power company. A nice lady then rang me back and said that she was sure that something could be arranged...... :) :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

This might belong in Economics but hey ho!

What's going on with the gas? As far as I can discover our stocks off Scotland are on the way out and we import from Norway mostly and a couple of other places. Prices have rocketed (why?) so small gas suppliers have gone to the wall leaving customers looking for a new home but in the meantime BJ is being asked for billions of £s to shore up the struggling industry. Why am I seeing refs to Russia?

Am I in for a freeze this winter and need to rush out and stock up on sheepskins to avert hypothermia or is there really no need to panic and all will be well for Christmas? I can't get my head around it at all.