SKY NewsPM admits being 'taken aback' by French anger in submarine deal row

Started by GBNews, September 24, 2021, 07:11:33 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2021, 08:39:03 PM
He doesn't need to apologise for anything.

It's the French who need to apologise for a massive over-reaction.
Let's face it, we don't really trust the French, do we?

I certainly don't, and we should not. Now, to be fair, I don't trust the Arabs, the Jews, the Germans, the Portuguese, the Spaniards, the Greeks, the Malaysians and the Indonesians either, but that's because in every one of the freelance contracts I've undertaken to deliver something to them, they, or their middle men, have tried to stiff me. In stark contrast the Australian Telecom tender to test and factory certify their purchase of Sat Comms gear from a UK supplier prior to shipment was one of the cleanest, clearest, and quickest paid I ever had. And while I'm sure It has its fair share of crooks (after all, we sent them enough) the fact is around my circle of associates colleagues and friends I've worked with over the last forty years there isn't ONE who hasn't had to deal with the French pissing about, ripping them off or trying to. Not ONE. And NONE of them had trouble with their Australian contracts. OR the Australians that came here to work with us.

The French bastards however.... Their biggest problem is their arrogance led them to believe "nine if us rosbif's spike their lankwidge"

Jeez did Thales get a hell of a shock when they breezed into one of the meetings in one of the later stages of the air traffic control contract in Brussels, to find me and my associates from the UK CAA enthusiastically jabbering away to three of my former team at Ferranti and THEIR associates now working for Eurocontrol and Eccairs in Maastricht and some unpronounceable place near the Italian Alps.

The look on their faces when they realised to their horror Jeff and I understood every nuance of every snide remark they'd made to each other thinking us ignorant shitheads had no idea ...

Their horror when Jeff chaired a meeting in which not a word of English was spoken for 90 minutes... Was a delight to watch. I don't think they ever did deliver the full contractual obligation on that either.

They in particular had this arrogance over dealings with others. They reserved their particular contempt for those employees of companies they had "acquired" as opposed to "gone into partnership with". It was a joy to watch from a perspective of understanding and knowing they didn't know we did

So yeah, I'm sorry but when I read the press coverage from two or three years ago I know who I believe to be less of a bloody liar.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 08:58:28 PM
He needs to apologise to me for yet another totally unwarranted personal attack.
Mod Notice
Yeah looked at this,going to sleep is not a personal attack.
Another thread stuffed,one more like this and your posts will be moderated.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2021, 08:39:03 PM

He needs to apologise to me for yet another totally unwarranted personal attack.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 05:18:16 PMIs something you need to explain and to apologise for.

It's the French who need to apologise for a massive over-reaction.
Let's face it, we don't really trust the French, do we?
How many years have we had wars with them?
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 08:13:29 AM
Give the first the French knew about it was when it appeared on the news with no consultation beforehand or notice of intent, Bojo-The-Clown is even more stupid than he looks.
As there had been discussions between the Australians and French over delivery and cost overruns, I doubt that's true. What I do know is the tendency to arrogance by French companies which have govt connections. So I can see how the French would think they could just wave away any complaints...
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australia-disputes-french-version-submarine-letter-2021-09-23/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on September 24, 2021, 04:40:09 PMGive the first the French knew about it was when it appeared on the news with no consultation beforehand or notice of intent, Bojo-The-Clown is even more stupid than he looks.

How and why you made that disgusting reply to this:- "Given the first the French knew about it was when it appeared on the news with no consultation beforehand or notice of intent, Bojo-The-Clown is even more stupid than he looks."

Is something you need to explain and to apologise for.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 01:05:07 PM
Read what I wrote again, carefully.

Sorry Pappy. I got to the bit about how you hate Boris/Tories/tourists etc and I am afraid I rather dozed off. :) :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on September 24, 2021, 11:12:55 AM
Can you run that past us again?

The  Australians decided that they wanted a defence system that didn't rely upon there being a petrol station on every atoll, so they told the French to go fly a kite,

Now the French have egg all over their faces and Boris has picked up a few brownie points because all true Brits like to see Johnny Crapaud  land in le merde.

Well, to be honest I think I would be "taken back" in the sense "rather surprised" the French are making the fuss they are. As in, real entrepreneurs take a contract apart before they sign it, and having signed it, get on with it. The French seem not to have done that.

And given France has tried to shaft us for sticking the finger up to their little fantasy of empire, I see no reason to do any more than laugh.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2021, 08:13:29 AM
Give the first the French knew about it was when it appeared on the news with no consultation beforehand or notice of intent, Bojo-The-Clown is even more stupid than he looks.

Can you run that past us again?

The  Australians decided that they wanted a defence system that didn't rely upon there being a petrol station on every atoll, so they told the French to go fly a kite,

Now the French have egg all over their faces and Boris has picked up a few brownie points because all true Brits like to see Johnny Crapaud  land in le merde.

How exactly is that make Boris a clown?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

GBNews

PM admits being 'taken aback' by French anger in submarine deal row

Boris Johnson has admitted to being "taken aback" by France's angry reaction to a new security pact between the UK, US and Australia.

Source: PM admits being 'taken aback' by French anger in submarine deal row