Main Menu

Just in time

Started by cromwell, October 11, 2021, 06:55:48 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 09:09:01 PM
Question dodge #2: Still no product name.
For the reason Nick is you would search all over the internet and come back with they are available all these websites, when if you do try and buy them them they are not available.  I have even contacted the CEO of the company involved. They can't make any of those particular products whilst some of the precursors in the mix are now classified as explosives due to Brexit and transport costs for them are prohibitively expensive.  Out of the large range of products the company makes the petrol and oil additives only make up a small amount of what they produce.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 20, 2021, 09:12:05 PM.

Seems reasonable enough to me to ban the import of explosives . We don't want them getting into the hands of crazies ,do we ?

Depends  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYZT3opLedc
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 08:56:48 PM
Products, a specific type of oil treatment and a specific type of petrol treatment. Been unavailable since January the 1st, despite still being advertised on the internet. All because one the ingredients can no longer be imported into the UK because it has been since Brexit classified as an explosive. (Making it prohibitively expensive to import from the EU.)
The motorcycle mechanic I use has not been able to get any.
I have been using both for over 30 years until Brexit.
I don't know what petrol treatment you are on about Papa but the reason or one of them that we left the EU was to be able to make our own decisions on what could and could not be imported to the UK along with what can and cannot be sold to the public .

Seems reasonable enough to me to ban the import of explosives . We don't want them getting into the hands of crazies ,do we ?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 08:56:48 PM
Products, a specific type of oil treatment and a specific type of petrol treatment. Been unavailable since January the 1st, despite still being advertised on the internet. All because one the ingredients can no longer be imported into the UK because it has been since Brexit classified as an explosive. (Making it prohibitively expensive to import from the EU.)
Question dodge #2: Still no product name. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 08:47:20 PM
What product are trying to buy? That is the missing info.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 08:45:48 PM
I just posted the evidence.
What product are trying to buy? That is the missing info. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 08:43:35 PM
Do you not get sick of using the same old lines to disguise your lack of evidence?
I just posted the evidence. 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 04:24:44 PM
Nick don't you keep up, with current affair at all? You lack of knowledge across a wide range of subjects is scary.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G7HVAWY2HGLXVVHU?language=en_GB&ref=efph_G7HVAWY2HGLXVVHU_cont_G201743940

Products first made available in the UK on or before December 31, 2020, must comply with the following EU rules.

Do you not get sick of using the same old lines to disguise your lack of evidence?
"Don't you keep up, with current affair at all?"
"You lack of knowledge across a wide range of subjects is scary."

As for your document, stating that chemicals made available when the U.K. was in the EU have to conform to the EU regs if shipped to the U.K. is no different to when we were in the EU. So what's your point and what chemical are you trying to buy?

#Awaits Pappy ducking the question once again.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 20, 2021, 06:39:33 PM
Bit of a bummer. I know that the Cornish Hackspace closed a while back and a lot of the others are only into computers as opposed to metal bashing. You might try these guys and see if anyone can knock something up for you
https://london.hackspace.org.uk/
Sorry but those would be useless for what I have needed. 

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 02:27:52 PM
Not parts exclusively since Brexit some chemicals used to make a wide range of products have become unobtainable for import into Britain because they are now classed as explosives, and cost too much to import.
(I have not been able to find suitable alternative for the products, which I had been using for over 30 years.)
I had to wait 8 weeks for a starter relay from Germany. No substitute possible because instead of having the usual four wires to connect it, it has 22.(ish).
Then there was something I could not believe was unobtainable in Britain or Europe and had to order from China.
Two long stainless steel hexagon nuts with a metric fine thread all the way through.
There is a long list of things that either disappeared after Brexit, or because of a mountain of paperwork, extra costs, and delays made them uneconomic to import.
It is a major problem for small businesses for both import and export.

Bit of a bummer. I know that the Cornish Hackspace closed a while back and a lot of the others are only into computers as opposed to metal bashing. You might try these guys and see if anyone can knock something up for you
https://london.hackspace.org.uk/

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 03:05:22 PM
Are you going to put a name to these Chemicals? Otherwise your post is just ramblings with no substance.
Nick don't you keep up, with current affair at all? You lack of knowledge across a wide range of subjects is scary.

https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G7HVAWY2HGLXVVHU?language=en_GB&ref=efph_G7HVAWY2HGLXVVHU_cont_G201743940

Products first made available in the UK on or before December 31, 2020, must comply with the following EU rules.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 02:27:52 PM
Not parts exclusively since Brexit some chemicals used to make a wide range of products have become unobtainable for import into Britain because they are now classed as explosives, and cost too much to import.
(I have not been able to find suitable alternative for the products, which I had been using for over 30 years.)
I had to wait 8 weeks for a starter relay from Germany. No substitute possible because instead of having the usual four wires to connect it, it has 22.(ish).
Then there was something I could not believe was unobtainable in Britain or Europe and had to order from China.
Two long stainless steel hexagon nuts with a metric fine thread all the way through.
There is a long list of things that either disappeared after Brexit, or because of a mountain of paperwork, extra costs, and delays made them uneconomic to import.
Are you going to put a name to these Chemicals? Otherwise your post is just ramblings with no substance. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 01:49:49 PM

What are these parts you struggled to get? 
Not parts exclusively since Brexit some chemicals used to make a wide range of products have become unobtainable for import into Britain because they are now classed as explosives, and cost too much to import.
Two long stainless steel hexagon nuts with a metric fine thread all the way through.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 20, 2021, 01:49:49 PM
JIT is predominately the car industry,
It is more or less any manufacturing industry that does not make all parts in house. I was working with a JIT system back in the 1980s, and that was making skid steer loaders.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 20, 2021, 09:28:00 AM
There are items still I have found to be unobtainable from Europe since Jan 2020, but in most cases I have been able to get equivalents from China. (The last item arrived from China with dated customs stamps in China and the UK within 48 hours.)
JIT is predominately the car industry, the Japanese car industry will have this covered a long time ago. Any EU car manufacturers can chop their nose off if they wish, but I'm guessing it will be in their interest to supply their own plants. 

What are these parts you struggled to get? I keep asking but you, same as others never reveal the parts cause you know you'll be found out.