Are the Conservatives keeping their election promises?

Started by GBNews, October 17, 2021, 07:00:08 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 18, 2021, 03:40:33 PM
Another row with Mrs P?

Get her a box of chocolates and a bottle of Sauternes. Women fall for that sort of thing.
My wife a retired nurse with over 44 years experience, agrees with me. People who make nasty generalised comments about nurses have no idea of the pressures involved in the job. Understaffed, overworked an underpaid.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 01:53:53 PM
So is generalised abuse of nurses.

Another row with Mrs P?

Get her a box of chocolates and a bottle of Sauternes. Women fall for that sort of thing.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 12:26:30 PM
That is not caused by the staff. But the management. Frankly people who make generalised nasty comments about NHS nurses are contemptible.
Lack of self awareness breathtaking.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 11:37:36 AM
If you went to a shop and they told you sorry we have the bacon but no-one is trained to use the slicer who would you blame? What if you trudged outside in disgust but noticed that the shop front was newly painted with new signage and the manager's car was a Ferrari. Would you think that perhaps management was spending his profits in the wrong place?
That is not caused by the staff. But the management. Frankly people who make generalised nasty comments about NHS nurses are contemptible. 

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 11:27:57 AM
None of that is caused by the nurses and medical staff.  Frankly due to overwork and short staffing I am surprised that there are not a lot more cockups than there are.
Worryingly a lot of expertise has been lost over time within the NHS.
My wife has twice carried out emergency treatments and insisted the casualty had to go to hospital to be checked. With the response from both hospitals being the more or less the same. "There was  no-one on duty who could have carried out that procedure."
If you went to a shop and they told you sorry we have the bacon but no-one is trained to use the slicer who would you blame? What if you trudged outside in disgust but noticed that the shop front was newly painted with new signage and the manager's car was a Ferrari. Would you think that perhaps management was spending his profits in the wrong place?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 10:54:05 AM
No - there are many factors which you may choose to ignore so that it fits your ideology but health care has been swindled in this country in many ways by all governments. Throwing money at it won't solve it's problems. It's beyond that now. It seems nothing will persuade the NHS to properly look at their business model. In an effort to do that I believe someone has just been appointed but it's too big and unwieldly to make any sense anymore. Unless they massively strip it back and rebuild the systems and ideology it will eventually fail. In the modern favoured lingo it is not fit for purpose.
None of that is caused by the nurses and medical staff.  Frankly due to overwork and short staffing I am surprised that there are not a lot more cockups than there are.
Worryingly a lot of expertise has been lost over time within the NHS.
My wife has twice carried out emergency treatments and insisted the casualty had to go to hospital to be checked. With the response from both hospitals being the more or less the same. "There was  no-one on duty who could have carried out that procedure."

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 18, 2021, 11:13:44 AM
When I was working in the NHS they always had money for little receptions for external groups and presentations and money for rainbow posters. I always said "There's always money for doughnuts".
My local experience a few years ago was that suddenly new carpets and other office 'essentials' appeared in the few months between Christmas and April. I would hate to think that it was to prove that they needed extra funding. There is a lot of sickness in the NHS and it isn't limited to the wards.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 10:32:21 AM
No There is no amount of money that will solve the NHS mismanagement. 
When I was working in the NHS they always had money for little receptions for external groups and presentations and money for rainbow posters. I always said "There's always money for doughnuts".
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 10:45:21 AM
That not the fault of the medical staff, the now dire shortage of shortage of nurses, doctors and support staff is 100% the fault of the Tory underfunding.
No - there are many factors which you may choose to ignore so that it fits your ideology but health care has been swindled in this country in many ways by all governments. Throwing money at it won't solve it's problems. It's beyond that now. It seems nothing will persuade the NHS to properly look at their business model. In an effort to do that I believe someone has just been appointed but it's too big and unwieldly to make any sense anymore. Unless they massively strip it back and rebuild the systems and ideology it will eventually fail. In the modern favoured lingo it is not fit for purpose.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 10:32:21 AM
No There is no amount of money that will solve the NHS mismanagement. 
That not the fault of the medical staff, the now dire shortage of shortage of nurses, doctors and support staff is 100% the fault of the Tory underfunding. 

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 10:12:15 AM
Yes it is, they have underfunded the NHS since May 2010, and the recent additions to NHS funding come nowhere near to making it up.
No There is no amount of money that will solve the NHS mismanagement. We hear this morning that most of their machinery like scanners are out of date and need replacing. Where is that money going to come from? Perhaps they should start sacking their diversity managers at over £200k each, but then if they have to continue with the  PFI theft of taxpayers' funds on top of everything else they will never balance the books. It's a mess which has evolved over generations of everyone believing that it is the best thing since sliced bread. It isn't. We have the skill in our medical personnel but it's buried under a top heavy lump of incompetence. Labour may have done well when they started it but my goodness Blair really put a nail in it's coffin.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 18, 2021, 10:08:10 AM
 Is this the fault of Conservatives?
Yes it is, they have underfunded the NHS since May 2010, and the recent additions to NHS funding come nowhere near to making it up.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 18, 2021, 09:01:44 AM
I suggest you try repeating that if you end up in hospital. Frankly as with many thing you really do not have a clue.
If my last stay in hospital is any real indication  the NHS is a conglomerate of bumbling inefficiency. That includes nurses and doctors. Too many of them messing around the nurses station while patients were obviously in trouble and needed help. I am sure that this malaise comes from top down but lack of joined up thinking or systems makes it a joke, but not for those who are ill. It succeeds against the odds in certain pockets of treatment but overall it is luck rather than judgement that is healing the sick. Is this the fault of Conservatives? Not yet, but if they continue to throw money at it rather than strip it bare and start again it will be since Labour won't get the chance for a very long time.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 11:03:28 PM
They're not underpaid, overworked 
I suggest you try repeating that if you end up in hospital. Frankly as with many thing you really do not have a clue.