Main Menu

Police brutality!

Started by T00ts, October 20, 2021, 07:44:44 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

You're all missing the point.  To prove the British Bobby isn't institutionally racist it is vital they treat white criminals the same way they treat black ones Only then will the population react and give the pigs the kicking they deserve ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2021, 07:44:44 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10112497/Police-Taser-old-shoplifter-twice-leave-face-bloodied-mess.html

I just watched the video in this report and am still in shock. How can anyone trust police with this kind of display in full public view. Who do they really think they are?
To be honest the police have been getting away with giving anyone they don't like the look of a good kicking for decades, more because it pleases them to do it rather than out of necessity. What has changed is that these days every Joe and his grandad has a pocket mobile on them to film it with. So it is far more likely to be filmed and shared.

As for those succumbing to their more primitive urges by delighting in the spectacle of an alleged petty criminal getting a good kicking, what about due process? What about determining whether someone is guilty of something in a court of law before handing out punishment? And the court determining what that punishment should be? If it is not harsh enough then it becomes a job for the politicians to toughen it up.

When we allow the police to give a good kicking to anyone assumed to be a wrong'un without any due process at all, without guilt actually being determined by a free and fair legal process, then we are heading into very dangerous waters just to please the knuckle draggers amongst us, those who prefer kneejerk emoting to actual logical and reasoned thinking.

Yes of course, if someone stole something from me I would be angry and would want to give the culprit a few slaps. And would delight in the police doing so on my behalf. It is a natural though primitive human impulse to feel this way. Which we are all capable of. But those of us who place value in the rule of law, in due process, in innocent until proven guilty, override that for the better of society. If we were to allow vigilante justice to be permitted, before long we'd get people being beaten up left, right, and centre, just because of some malicious rumour someone started down the pub. And the police behaving like vigilante thugs themselves, using unnecessary violence against someone whose guilt is yet to be determined is little better.

But the knuckle dragging brigade will take no heed of this. They'll just cheer on from the sidelines. Until someone they love gets beaten up by the police after being arrested on wrongful suspicion when the subsequent evidence proved him innocent. Only then will they actually realise that due process, weighing up all the evidence in a court of law, actually matters.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 21, 2021, 05:48:28 AM
Well from reading the article he wasnt being compliant with plod , shoplifting ,an alleged assault of a police constable and criminal damage . They are not going to taser and beat anyone that says 'its a fair cop guv'

(As you may have gathered ) Im a zero tolerance policing type of guy .Its not that they are no better than the crims , they have to be a lot better than the crims in every department  and that includes thuggery .

That is me.

I am not sentimental about the police, but I am even less sentimental about villains. No doubt I should be, but when I see Plod putting the boot in my first thought is nice foot work the Mets.

My mum had a couple of shops and once in a while the local copper would come in and have a bit of a craic. One day he turned to my mother and said, "It is a funny thing Ada, but I have never met anyone stealing because they were hungry"
Algerie Francais !

patman post

I guess some of the hard core of macho officers (as defined by the current Home Secretary) have decided to go out on a high now there's a chance they won't even be in service by the time any inquiry announces its findings...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2021, 08:02:33 PM
Without using proper judgement? What actual threat was this guy? Surely this was wrong on every level? He had his back to the copper who was so excited holding his weapon like some sort of American cowboy. It is obvious to anyone sane that he couldn't lie down easily he wasn't trying to move away. If police are going to be thugs then they are no better than the crims. The female officer's face at the end said it all. She was disgusted.
Well from reading the article he wasnt being compliant with plod , shoplifting ,an alleged assault of a police constable and criminal damage . They are not going to taser and beat anyone that says 'its a fair cop guv'

(As you may have gathered ) Im a zero tolerance policing type of guy .Its not that they are no better than the crims , they have to be a lot better than the crims in every department  and that includes thuggery .

cromwell

I know I will be told it's been like this since time immemorial but the reputation of poiticians is at its lowest ebb,the police too after the murder of Sarah Everhard,eminent doctors ridiculed and belittled on their expertise and advice in a climate where anything and everything of the most ridiculous evidence and conclusions is presented as fact.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 20, 2021, 08:49:28 PM
The fact he is 60 is not really relevant, there are plenty of fit and strong men that age.

He wasn't compliant but when he was on the ground there was absolutely no need to kick him in the back.
They had him contained on the ground, they could have just held him till the back up arrived.
It took a girl to arrest him properly. :P
There was no need to taser him twice either. He wasn't going anywhere. I think it's a mindless appalling display.

Barry

The fact he is 60 is not really relevant, there are plenty of fit and strong men that age.

He wasn't compliant but when he was on the ground there was absolutely no need to kick him in the back.
They had him contained on the ground, they could have just held him till the back up arrived.
It took a girl to arrest him properly. :P
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 20, 2021, 07:50:53 PM
More of that from plod and they will start getting the backing of the public . I think we have had enough of taking the knee and dancing with poofters
Find a criminal and taser the fecker  works for me .
Without using proper judgement? What actual threat was this guy? Surely this was wrong on every level? He had his back to the copper who was so excited holding his weapon like some sort of American cowboy. It is obvious to anyone sane that he couldn't lie down easily he wasn't trying to move away. If police are going to be thugs then they are no better than the crims. The female officer's face at the end said it all. She was disgusted.

Streetwalker

More of that from plod and they will start getting the backing of the public . I think we have had enough of taking the knee and dancing with poofters 
Find a criminal and taser the fecker  works for me .

T00ts

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10112497/Police-Taser-old-shoplifter-twice-leave-face-bloodied-mess.html

I just watched the video in this report and am still in shock. How can anyone trust police with this kind of display in full public view. Who do they really think they are?