So I’m told this has always gone on……(Scroll down past the eggheads advert)

Started by cromwell, October 24, 2021, 10:31:33 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 10:51:53 AMNo John that's an advert......scroll down slightly.
Whoops Ok sorry about that.  So, Jeremy beef is that a load of people have been making hay from taking his words and using them out of context.  Well pardon me but they didn't seem to worry that much when they do the same to people whose politics they don't like.  As I said on a quite different post a week or so back, the DWP were quite surprised at how easily my youngest took to scanning her car for bombs and incendiary devices when she did the compulsory training in her new job. They seemed a little taken aback when she said "dad taught me how to do.it. He had CND and Animal Rights Protesters wanting him dead for doing his job back then"  The BBC were more than happy to glorify those bastard's, and of course they funded Hope Not Hates Boot Boys. I'm delighted their finest is now finding out for himself what it feels like to be on the other end.  Zero sympathy for the simple reason they ecouraged the scum that attacked us.  They absolutely wetted themselves over the ALF firebombing of our cars in Bristol Uni. Never forget. Never Forgive. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2021, 08:24:14 AM
No one is suggesting any of this is acceptable.
Good
Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2021, 08:24:14 AMWhat im saying to you is much of this has always gone on , people are nasty , and im questioning your narrative that this is all new and unusual
People are nasty,you sound like Smurf.
I haven't suggested we sat round singing anything,it's the tactics of these nutters.

Why do you need to bring tommy robinson into it? 
I've mentioned him once because I think it relevant,why do you need to bring the BBC in to almost every post relevant or not?

We have laws in place to deal with stuff like this ( as per the 2014 salmond example)so im still not sure what you want done that isnt being done.
Well they don't appear to be being used do they as per people on here complaining about the insulate Britain protestors,though it appears they are at least listening and prepared to act.
Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2021, 08:24:14 AMAs for disinformation , propaganda and disinformation are as old as the hills and go back as far as scholastic research can penetrate in human history. We have discussed this before many a time over the years , its not propaganda , disinformation or bias that bother me , its those (like the bbc) who try to portray themsleves as impartial when they are not.
Yes it has always gone on but you are using this as an excuse to try and shut me down when I'm talking about the here and now,funnily enough though impartiality which bothers you which has always gone on is perfectly ok for you to mention in every other post regarding the bbc is fine :P
Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2021, 08:24:14 AMWe are all bias , and that include you and me , and we are all at times accussed of peddling propaganda and disinforamtion to suit our arguments.

Yeah we all have our bias,the difference is I'm not harassing people in their workplace,their homes or their families,you seem to think that's normal and gone on for years......I don't.
The narrative over a number of posts now is you seem to be telling us the world is getting worse.......its not ,. its better and safer now than at many points of history , and that we somhow must transform humanity into saintly creatures that wont say boo to anyone or hurt someones feelings.

You will be waiting a long time for that to happen.
And your narrative is all is well in the world except for the BBC,you've not got independence yet,the chagos islands,Westminster etc etc.
You might want all that resolving but as you say you might have a long wait. :P :P
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

What im saying to you is much of this has always gone on , people are nasty , and im questioning your narrative that this is all new and unusual where beforehand we all sat around holding hand singing kum by yah.

Why do you need to bring tommy robinson into it? Most folk outside of england dont know who tommy robinson is , he is nothing but a low level non entity rather than some dangerous individual that must watched at all cost in case he becomes the 21 st century adolf hitler.

We have laws in place to deal with stuff like this ( as per the 2014 salmond example)so im still not sure what you want done that isnt being done.

As for disinformation , propaganda and disinformation are as old as the hills and go back as far as scholastic research can penetrate in human history. We have discussed this before many a time over the years , its not propaganda , disinformation or bias that bother me , its those (like the bbc) who try to portray themsleves as impartial when they are not.

We are all bias , and that include you and me , and we are all at times accussed of peddling propaganda and disinforamtion to suit our arguments.

The narrative over a number of posts now is you seem to be telling us the world is getting worse.......its not ,. its better and safer now than at many points of history , and that we somhow must transform humanity into saintly creatures that wont say boo to anyone or hurt someones feelings.

I am beginning to think that this argument is so out of touch that it must come from some kind of sanctuary. There is no doubt to many sane people that the world is degenerating in terms of the evil that is accepted as the norm. Should we really accept what is happening without complaint? No! The mere fact that the world has shrunk in terms of how far news travels as well as people has made the threat greater to us all. Anyone sitting in their cave thinking that everything is fine is either in denial or insensitive. 

Agreed that we will wait a long time for it to change but that has more to do with those who are determined to win in every situation just because it is their 'right' rather than admit that another's needs and rights are as important as their own.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 01:17:43 PM
Meltdown,don't be daft I don't give a rats who does or who doesn't wear a mask,has a vaccine or not and no I don't think the world is coming to an end.

If people crave normalisation it ain't going to happen by threatening judges or people doing their job's and you say this has always gone on,I don't recall going to my local health centre ever and having a mob of goons taking down down staff car reg and telling them we know where you live.

What I do believe is happening is where once we settled things through the ballot box people are sucking up a lot of crap as with Vine that's not true and jumping to the wrong conclusion and think they have the right to harass people which has come straight out of the Tommy Robinson playbook.

You even pulled me on Salmond being threatened and saying nothing about it,truth is I wasn't aware and now I am I'm glad the perp was jailed.

I don't think that being concerned that MP's are being killed whilst performing their duties is meltdown or that harassing kids of an age able to decide whether to have a vaccine or not is meltdown either.

Agree/disagree but some perspective and civilised behaviour is required,what I would say though society in some has been split down where there is no rationale and an acceptance that others are entitled to their opinions.

What im saying to you is much of this has always gone on , people are nasty , and im questioning your narrative that this is all new and unusual where beforehand we all sat around holding hand singing kum by yah.

Why do you need to bring tommy robinson into it? Most folk outside of england dont know who tommy robinson is , he is nothing but a low level non entity rather than some dangerous individual that must watched at all cost in case he becomes the 21 st century adolf hitler.

As for disinformation , propaganda and disinformation are as old as the hills and go back as far as scholastic research can penetrate in human history. We have discussed this before many a time over the years , its not propaganda , disinformation or bias that bother me , its those (like the bbc) who try to portray themsleves as impartial when they are not.

We are all bias , and that include you and me , and we are all at times accussed of peddling propaganda and disinforamtion to suit our arguments.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 12:09:18 PM
I've made the point that nutters threatening nhs staff,judges, politicians ,harassing their families and inventing lies as with Vine is unacceptable.
If you think it acceptable say so.
Physical threats are never acceptable. A threat to take someone to court is acceptable.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Meltdown,don't be daft I don't give a rats who does or who doesn't wear a mask,has a vaccine or not and no I don't think the world is coming to an end.

If people crave normalisation it ain't going to happen by threatening judges or people doing their job's and you say this has always gone on,I don't recall going to my local health centre ever and having a mob of goons taking down down staff car reg and telling them we know where you live.

What I do believe is happening is where once we settled things through the ballot box people are sucking up a lot of crap as with Vine that's not true and jumping to the wrong conclusion and think they have the right to harass people which has come straight out of the Tommy Robinson playbook.

You even pulled me on Salmond being threatened and saying nothing about it,truth is I wasn't aware and now I am I'm glad the perp was jailed.

I don't think that being concerned that MP's are being killed whilst performing their duties is meltdown or that harassing kids of an age able to decide whether to have a vaccine or not is meltdown either.

Agree/disagree but some perspective and civilised behaviour is required,what I would say though society in some has been split down where there is no rationale and an acceptance that others are entitled to their opinions.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 12:06:11 PM
You always bring the BBC in to things,it's not about the bbc and the show in the clip isn't even on there.

My apologies cromwell , but your original post and the point you were making wasnt very clear  , and when i saw you had linked to a prominent bbc broadcasters twitter feed , i assumed you were making some point and using the bbc as some sort of barometer of impartiality.

QuoteAnd we're not talking about shoplifting or burglary here but about people being threatened because of what they have or haven't said.
NHS staff being threatened is something that has went on for years.

Prominent politicans being threatened or killed the same. Its nothing new , and all im saying is why all of a sudden is it an issue for you ?

QuoteIt is not normal for nhs staff to be threatened in their work like this.....we know where you live we've got your reg and yes I do know it goes on in casualty when people ar pissed.
No one is suggesting its normal , but its something that has went on for years .

We have laws and the police to deal with thugs , what else do you want done cromwell?

Im still not sure what you are saying to be honest?

QuoteThreatening judges,MP's like this is not on and they should imo be jailed.
They are being jailed. For example stephen cruz was jailed in 2014 for threatening to slit alec salmonds throat.

What makes you think they arent? sorry confused here cromwell.???

QuoteWhat next they've seen the capitol taken by a bunch of nutters oh we'll go and take parliament.
Cromwell i get on pretty well with you , we disagree ,but you appear to be having a bit of a meltdown about the world at the minute.

I think this is all part of what we are saying about the constant bombardment of hysteria and fear  , the sensationalising of incidents  , sending people who are living on the edge of their seats right over the edge in thinking the world is coming to an end.

You need to calmly analyse what you are reading and seeing without coming to knee jerk conclusions .

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on October 24, 2021, 11:37:13 AM
Cromwell, did you mean to link to this individual Tweet?
https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/1451656455497699332

If so, it shows the diversity of opinion along with strength of feeling about vaccines jabs.
It's the government that have whipped this up with their psychology, nudges, threats of lockdown if we don't do as we are told, and threats of apartheid based on medical history with a digital pass.

Surely they didn't expect the whole of society to come quietly!
I've made the point that nutters threatening nhs staff,judges, politicians ,harassing their families and inventing lies as with Vine is unacceptable.
If you think it acceptable say so.

cromwell

You always bring the BBC in to things,it's not about the bbc and the show in the clip isn't even on there.

And we're not talking about shoplifting or burglary here but about people being threatened because of what they have or haven't said.

And no I haven't just woken up,in the past I had to give evidence,I was threatened but it was sorted.

It is not normal for nhs staff to be threatened in their work like this.....we know where you live we've got your reg and yes I do know it goes on in casualty when people ar pissed.

Threatening judges,MP's like this is not on and they should imo be jailed.

What next they've seen the capitol taken by a bunch of nutters oh we'll go and take parliament.

Barry

Cromwell, did you mean to link to this individual Tweet?
https://twitter.com/theJeremyVine/status/1451656455497699332

If so, it shows the diversity of opinion along with strength of feeling about vaccines jabs.
It's the government that have whipped this up with their psychology, nudges, threats of lockdown if we don't do as we are told, and threats of apartheid based on medical history with a digital pass.

Surely they didn't expect the whole of society to come quietly!
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 24, 2021, 11:06:30 AM
OK so it's acceptable to go round to peoples houses and harass their families and based on a lie too.
My point is I'd be curtailing the activities of these people.
Free speech yeah threatening behaviour no.
Where have i said anything like this is acceptable?

Im saying this is nothing new , it has always went on contrary to what you seem to believe , and we already have a system in place to deal with such people, the law and the police.

Its as if you have just woken up after decades asleep and relaised there are nasty people in the world.

You live in manchester as well , an area of england which has higher than average rate of crime suggesting there are a lot of horrible cants running around and using threatening behaviour?

Manchester crime comparison
When compared with similar areas, the crime rate in Manchester is extremely high. The graph shows the top 10 council areas with the highest crime rate between January 2015 and December 2016. Manchester is second only to London, which has an abnormally high crime rate due to its tiny residential population.
Although the most frequently committed crime in Manchester is antisocial behaviour, six other cities have higher rates of these offences per 1,000 people, including Newcastle, Preston and Sheffield.
Manchester has a higher-than-average crime rate across the board, appearing in the top 10 for most types of crime.

This report was from 2015/16 , so its nothing new either.

Thomas

Brian Morris analysed the words spoken in a number of BBC TV News bulletins on Monday 7th December 2020 and on the following days. He was not surprised to find bias in favour of the EU but was surprised to find how blatant and obvious it often was.

https://www.briefingsforbritain.co.uk/brexit-bias-a-new-low-for-the-bbc/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=pmd_uz3_M.V2KYk57LGlblJ1y.fI52iADCyJqSf1YqDY9Wc-1635070632-0-gqNtZGzNAjujcnBszQh9

Thomas

How the BBC muzzled a professor who cast doubt on its impartiality

https://www.ianfraser.org/how-the-bbc-muzzled-a-professor-who-exposed-its-impartiality/

In the above film Professor Robertson explains how these research findings were suppressed and rubbished by the BBC and largely ignored by other media in Scotland, with the exception of being mentioned in columns by Ian Bell in the Sunday Herald and Joan McAlpine in the Daily Record. Aunty became vindictive and apparently sought to bury not just the research itself but also the career of its author (Professor Robertson explains what happened in this interview he gave to OpenDemocracy).

Robertson's research revealed that the BBC was using a range of techniques to distort the debate about Scottish independence.

Thomas

BBc on disinformation :D

The research, which dealt with referendum campaign reporting in the period from September 2012 to September 2013, was headed by John Robertson of the West of Scotland university.

It contended that "the mainstream TV coverage of the first year of the independence referendum campaigns has not been fair or balanced... Taken together, we have evidence of coverage which seems likely to have damaged the Yes campaign."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2014/feb/23/bbc-scottish-independence

I was bullied by BBC over academic report on indyref bias – the Scottish media blackout must end

https://www.thedrum.com/opinion/2014/06/30/i-was-bullied-bbc-over-academic-report-indyref-bias-scottish-media-blackout-must

I dont think anything from the bbc is the best go to barometer for fairness and impartiality.

Remember them telling uk audiences how al megrahi was on the run in libya when CNN were reporting from his hospital bedside as he lay dying?

You saw yourself how the bbc lied by ommision or took a pro eu stance during brexit , and the little bits of disinformation let slip to help remain.

As for mps being threatened and killed ,this has went on for ever cromwell. I dont remember you getting worked up when alec salmond was threatened with is throat being slit in 2014 , and the person jailed for it , or what about when the ira were killing the likes of ian gow or sir anthony berry in the eighties and nineties.?

No this is nothing new and has always went on.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 24, 2021, 10:54:56 AM
Well you have an expert bbc man there to tell us how disinformation works.:D

Sorry cromwell , im with john here, whats your point?
OK so it's acceptable to go round to peoples houses and harass their families and based on a lie too.
My point is I'd be curtailing the activities of these people.
Free speech yeah threatening behaviour no.