Madagascar Syndrome ?

Started by johnofgwent, October 26, 2021, 08:15:45 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on October 26, 2021, 10:29:44 AMWell apparently Joanna Lumley thinks it a good idea if we went back to war time rationing and now theresagroup set up say we should be forced off meat and on to plant based food because if we don't the world is going to end.
Two quite separate issues. I suspect it would be good for at least 25% of the country to have their diet rationed. There is a tipping point (there are a few actually) but there is one really big one (pun intended) where your weight / size reaches the point where you can no longer walk. For people approaching that, a hundred yard walk up a one per cent incline uses as many calories as a mile in most others and the stress on their system doing that approaches that felt by normal sized people doing a marathon. I can still walk over five miles and cycle almost ten without undue effect beyond sore feet. I may have to take my time about it compar d to Olympians but i can do it at will. Last week I sustained 2mph across town over that distance to my dentist and back. Nit bad for a bloke in his sixties with heart problems.  Until my condition reaches the point where I can't, M/s Lumley can take her opinions and put them somewhere.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on October 26, 2021, 09:51:52 AM
:)
Can't beat a nice fillet steak.
Well apparently Joanna Lumley thinks it a good idea if we went back to war time rationing and now theres a group set up say we should be forced off meat and on to plant based food because if we don't the world is going to end.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

:)
Can't beat a nice fillet steak.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

I think I've overdone the quacks demands that I go a bit keto / Atkins to drop my blood sugar levels. Like Alex the Lion, I'm seeing steak everywhere....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>