Conservative no longer?

Started by T00ts, October 30, 2021, 09:13:38 AM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on October 30, 2021, 09:13:38 AM
With apologies to Barry, a comment he made yesterday started me thinking.

'I'm still a solid Tory, but the Tory party are not. They've become wet as tripe.'

Are they? Is it that they have abandoned Conservative principles? If they have is it likely to be permanent or should we be glad that they have seen a way forward to possibly create a more stable economic foundation. Over the years of austerity with Cameron I often heard that we should be investing to infrastructure etc. Is Rishi wrong? Do we not have to accept increased taxation after having to fork out so much during Covid? Question questions questions!

Have they lost their way or just adapted to the situation?
They have lost their way and are pissing in the wind .

Having said that Labour  don't know where their way is and are  pissing into the wind and the limp dems dont know where their zip is 

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 30, 2021, 10:24:08 AM
No apology necessary. I know it might be unpopular here, but I still admire the Thatcher years of Conservative Politics.
Sh wouldn't recognise the current lot in power.
When she got in she showed her support of the Police, implementing the Edmund-Davies pay award which Labour had held back on. That was 22.5% one year, 22.5% the next. She supported law and order and was prepared to pay for it.
She did battle with the miners and won. She supported the ethos of working for self improvement.

This current lot she would give them a handbagging.
They don't support law and order. Priti Patel can't stop boats coming across the channel. Margaret T would have spoken with strength against the French, as she did when they were working against us in the Falklands war. Patel is weak and talks one thing on illegal immigration, whilst practically letting them all in. Not one sent back this year.

Then there is the contracts awarded during the virus crisis, which was mostly self imposed. The contracts awarded to their already rich friends, with the excuse it had to be done in a rush. The money that has been thrown around. Putting people on furlough and still paying them if they got another job.

Green issues: In their manifesto was a commitment to net zero by 2050, which may or may not be achievable has now been brought forward to an earlier date. The Conservatives in the party can see the problems this will create.

Sleaze: Boris moved in with his girlfriend into number 10. We've never seen that before. Wasn't even divorced at the time. OK, he's married now, but there's Hancock and his misconduct in public office, Dominic Cummings Covid straying, Neil Ferguson sacked and re-employed in a sideways move. Boris supports all these people until the last moment, because he is one of the most immoral men in the country. That is true in his private life and in his political career where he lies and lies and lies again.

Finance: Rishi's latest budget was described as a "Brownite" budget. I take that as an insult to a Tory chancellor.

How about the trans lobbyists getting to them. Boris couldn't give a straight answer when asked if only women have cervixes. Maybe he should ask one of his wives.

That's all for now.  I know there's more.
And on the other side is Sir Keir and the rest of the Brussels Bumboys. So I will put up with Boris until someone better turns up.

There is a story about Palmerston that is probably not true but ought to be. The story goes that in the 1857, the phallic but ever popular Lord Palmerston was alleged to have gotten one of his lady friends in the family way. The opposition spread the story far and wide in the belief that no one would elect such a disgusting old man (Palmerston was 73 at the time). In vain Disraeli tried to stop his friends and pointed out that was precisely why the public would vote for him. Which they did.

As long as the Tories keep the stealing within limits and the EU under control I am easy.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

No apology necessary. I know it might be unpopular here, but I still admire the Thatcher years of Conservative Politics.
When she got in she showed her support of the Police, implementing the Edmund-Davies pay award which Labour had held back on. That was 22.5% one year, 22.5% the next. She supported law and order and was prepared to pay for it.
She did battle with the miners and won. She supported the ethos of working for self improvement.

They don't support law and order. Priti Patel can't stop boats coming across the channel. Margaret T would have spoken with strength against the French, as she did when they were working against us in the Falklands war. Patel is weak and talks one thing on illegal immigration, whilst practically letting them all in. Not one sent back this year.

Then there is the contracts awarded during the virus crisis, which was mostly self imposed. The contracts awarded to their already rich friends, with the excuse it had to be done in a rush. The money that has been thrown around. Putting people on furlough and still paying them if they got another job.

Green issues: In their manifesto was a commitment to net zero by 2050, which may or may not be achievable has now been brought forward to an earlier date. The Conservatives in the party can see the problems this will create.

Sleaze: Boris moved in with his girlfriend into number 10. We've never seen that before. Wasn't even divorced at the time. OK, he's married now, but there's Hancock and his misconduct in public office, Dominic Cummings Covid straying, Neil Ferguson sacked and re-employed in a sideways move. Boris supports all these people until the last moment, because he is one of the most immoral men in the country. That is true in his private life and in his political career where he lies and lies and lies again.

Finance: Rishi's latest budget was described as a "Brownite" budget. I take that as an insult to a Tory chancellor.

How about the trans lobbyists getting to them. Boris couldn't give a straight answer when asked if only women have cervixes. Maybe he should ask one of his wives.

Was that a Freudian slip? 
As to Thatcher my feelings are well known,the illegals,Cummings and Hancock I agree.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Wow! I can't dispute much of that and I also valued Thatcher. She spoke my language.
So that raises the question of have we got the politicians we deserve? How many are really concerned at BJ's morals? Perhaps he was only elected to do one job and then should have bowed out gracefully. Is his problem that he wants to be seen as one of the lads and worries too much about his popularity within Westminster as well as out? I have posted earlier that I felt he would leave before the end of the year but at the moment he seems to have taken a liking to his 'power'. I would imagine he quite enjoys prancing about the world stage currently in Rome followed by Glasgow of all places. Why would anyone choose that hell hole for a summit? Currently full of rubbish, rats, drugs and some of the poorest in the UK - or so I read. Don't forget the appearance of new love as he wanders hand in hand. It makes me cringe. The Americans always do this (without mentioning Harry and Meghan). Why are we copying? Is he too influenced by his new wife and her woke green theories? 
So is it really a loss of Conservative principles or the inevitable adjustment made by a new style of leadership? I cannot remember a time when any Government escaped accusations of jobs for the boys or contracts for friends at any level right down to local councils. Is it so different now? Have we as an electorate, been too accepting of the obvious dishonesty that has been rife in politics since for ever. Charles Dickens even wrote of it.

Barry

How about the trans lobbyists getting to them. Boris couldn't give a straight answer when asked if only women have cervixes. Maybe he should ask one of his wives.

That's all for now.  I know there's more.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

With apologies to Barry, a comment he made yesterday started me thinking.

'I'm still a solid Tory, but the Tory party are not. They've become wet as tripe.'

Are they? Is it that they have abandoned Conservative principles? If they have is it likely to be permanent or should we be glad that they have seen a way forward to possibly create a more stable economic foundation. Over the years of austerity with Cameron I often heard that we should be investing to infrastructure etc. Is Rishi wrong? Do we not have to accept increased taxation after having to fork out so much during Covid? Question questions questions!

Have they lost their way or just adapted to the situation?