Main Menu

Let them eat cake!

Started by T00ts, October 31, 2021, 12:38:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 04, 2021, 04:40:54 PM
To be fair I sometimes eat salmon and I am a lowly retail worker. 
My wife and I prefer smoked trout, neither of us like salmon.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Quote from: patman post on October 31, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
I see the validity of criticising the pollution caused by excess travel, but critically highlighting "feasting" on salmon and sea bass? Come on, DM! 

If that's a valid criticism, we must be feasting more frequently in PPTowers than I realise...
To be fair I sometimes eat salmon and I am a lowly retail worker. I don't eat it often purely because it is not my first choice when it comes to fish. My favourites tend to be smoked haddock or smoked cod.

Mind you, a good piece of wet fresh haddock - smoked or not - would be useful for the much needed task of slapping Sir Wet Lettuce with it a few times.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

patman post

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 31, 2021, 02:53:24 PM
The point here is that they are doing all this and at the same time telling us that "we" all have to make big sacrifices......
But confining feasting to salmon and sea bass hardly seems extravagant — they're both easily farmed and reasonably priced.  And housing the feast in existing premises (however ornate), and not erecting a new venue, appears fairly thrifty...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

I see the validity of criticising the pollution caused by excess travel, but critically highlighting "feasting" on salmon and sea bass? Come on, DM! 

If that's a valid criticism, we must be feasting more frequently in PPTowers than I realise...
Quite.

The question that springs to mind is it worth saving the world when you have a bunch of sad bastard looking over your shoulder and counting the number of fishpaste sarnies on your plate.
Algerie Francais !

Sampanviking

The point here is that they are doing all this and at the same time telling us that "we" all have to make big sacrifices......

patman post

If that's a valid criticism, we must be feasting more frequently in PPTowers than I realise...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

I'm a bit disgruntled like so many others. Rome - Biden apparently has a cavalcade of 85 cars mostly flown over from USA, no doubt others have similar. BJ flew but avoided regular flights that could have got him there at more or less the same time. I suppose there were plenty of private jets etc from all across the world. The wives look like a set of footballers wives off on a jolly and the final straw is the lavish photo opportunities around Rome and dinner in spectacular surroundings. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10148385/Johnson-Biden-join-world-leaders-feast-salmon-sea-bass-G20-gala-dinner-Rome.html

No doubt when they have had their fill they will mostly fly off to Glasgow for more of the same - if they can get it. Hypocrisy seems too small a word for such profligacy in the face of all the worry and trouble that so many are experiencing around the world. This just may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.