Main Menu

Cornish fishermen.

Started by cromwell, October 31, 2021, 07:06:08 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on November 12, 2021, 05:18:44 PM
The point being Daniel H did make out that leaving the EU was leaving the political union but remaining in the single market,
and cameron said the opposite. So the public new the risk in 2016.

'I'll pull UK out of the single market after Brexit'

David Cameron confirmed Sunday that he will pull Britain out of the single market if there is a vote to leave the European Union at the upcoming referendum.

The prime minister told the BBC's Andrew Marr show that it would be impossible to copy the Norwegian model by remaining inside the trading bloc despite being outside the EU because that would mean accepting freedom of movement and trade rules made in Brussels.
He said the Brexit campaign had made it clear to voters that voting to leave also meant pulling out of the single market. The prime minister said he would accept the result as an "instruction" despite warning that leaving would be like planting a "bomb" under the British economy.
https://www.politico.eu/article/david-cameron-bbc-andrew-marr-ill-pull-uk-out-of-the-single-market-after-brexit-eu-referendum-vote-june-23-consequences-news/

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on November 13, 2021, 01:47:59 PM
Where did you take that photo then?
Brittany, standard fruits de mer, €25 from the Viviers Bretons a short distance from our mobile home. Order before mid-day, collect the next morning. Ideal for a picnic, and make a soupe de poisson out of the shells, heads, carapace and other bits and pieces left over from the picnic. (It is supposed to be for one person but is enough for two):-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on November 12, 2021, 05:18:44 PM
The point being Daniel H did make out that leaving the EU was leaving the political union but remaining in the single market,
Everyone knows and well remembers what was said gerry .

You can't keep pretending people voted to leave the EU under false assumptions , and keep raking up all the old arguments over and over till you get the "right result " .

The english clearly wanted to leave the EU , but cherry pick the single market , and you told them at the time they couldnt do this , now you are claiming the english were sold a pup about remaining in the single market.

They wanted to cherry pick the single market . You can call it remain or whatever you like , but if they couldnt  , they wanted out the EU and its institutions evnemore, which is the point you dont get.

QuoteNot lies, you're always saying I'm trying to go back and change the brexit outcome, and that I can't, get over it and accept the result. Show me where I said I want to go back and change the outcome. You made that up, strawman.
We have been over this so many times . If you arent trying to re write history and change the 2016 result , and dont want or think the uk should rejoin , both of which in my opinion you are lying about, what are you doing on her constantly talking about brexit for then?

Its over gerry , the uk has left . Going forward unless your mate sir keir gets in , or some small c tory pro european replaces johnson , then the uk wont be rejoining or being tied in by the back door.

...and if not , then how about talking about something else? If you can't , then you damn yourself with your own lies...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2021, 04:58:32 PM
Really?  Care to specify where please by walking into a fishmonger?
I can't get this anywhere locally even in a restaurant, and as a takeaway cooked to order for €25 no chance.

Where did you take that photo then?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:21:36 AMThe minutiae of the article and example of china within it isnt the point as you well know.
The point being Daniel H did make out that leaving the EU was leaving the political union but remaining in the single market, he tried to say this was like Switzerland, but what brexit is bears no relation to Switzerland, free movement of people or the 100 bi-lateral agreements would be a starting point. Maybe this makes what Daniel said clearer, you can flick to 0:50, 5:08 and 6:04 for examples.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzykce4oxII

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:21:36 AMThe point clearly is you are misrepresenting yet again an old argument from 2016 , where brexiters were talking about accessing the single market but not remaining members of it as the uk once was . I clearly remember people like you not only acknowledging that point at the time , but telling brexiters they couldnt cherry pick access to the single market .

So what are you talking about?
No what Daniel is suggesting is you can leave the EU and still "access" or "be members of" or what ever word you want, but in essence have free access to the SM, you can't, but that's what Daniel in the above is saying, he's lying.

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:21:36 AMAs for your lies regarding myself , i have never said you couldnt change brexit. I said you couldnt roll back the 2016 result , you lost fair and square , and the result had to be implemented.,
Not lies, you're always saying I'm trying to go back and change the brexit outcome, and that I can't, get over it and accept the result. Show me where I said I want to go back and change the outcome. You made that up, strawman.

Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:21:36 AMNow that has happened , i even urged you to vote labour get them elected and take the uk back into the EU , and you came out with a load of puerile nonsensical excuses as to why that wouldnt happen , when you clearly hope it does as you spend so much of your time on here re raking over the coals of a long dead argument from 5 years ago.
You know I'm from IRL, or maybe you want to lie again and say I'm not. I don't think the EU would have the UK back, or if they did there would be many many strings attached. There you go again saying I want the UK back in the EU. I don't, you lie. 
But I will point out all the failings of brexit. Your more than welcome to point out the benefits, if you need some reading material he's a summary for reference.
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-davis-downside-dossier-2/
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-brexit-benefit-myths/
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-brexit-benefit-myths/
https://yorkshirebylines.co.uk/regular-features/the-digby-jones-index-2/
All fiction is it ?
Quote from: Thomas on November 04, 2021, 07:21:36 AMAs for covid , stop talking shite.

Covid hasnt and wont go away , dont you listen to what is being said? We are learning to live with it , just as you will have to learn to live with brexit.
There you go again asserting I want the UK back in the EU, the lie continues, I keep saying I don't, hearing problem ?
Brexit hit to economy 4% and Covid 2%, again you'll try laugh that away. Now your missing the minutiae of my point, people will learn to live with covid, it's impact on life will deminish with time. Whereas Brexit is here to stay, the impact is going to be there for decades. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59070020

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2021, 11:21:05 AM
Well the Cornish are well known for ripping off tourists. 
So is the rest of Britain. Frankly I cannot afford  holiday in Britain it is far too expensive. The only times I get away for a weekend is motorcycles rallies which are cheap. £15 to £26 each. The alcohol and food is cheap, and the donkey's undercarriage burgers are a now a thing of the past.

T00ts

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2021, 11:21:05 AM
Well the Cornish are well known for ripping off tourists. Those of us who live nearby know this and when I cross the Tamar I avoid shops in seaside resorts like the plague, and tend to avoid the souvenir shops selling overpriced tat. I tend to shop where the locals do. And rather than spend extortionate amounts on holiday lets, caravan sites, or hotels, I live near enough that it is cheaper for me to drive in from home whenever I want to go there.
Oh gosh that brings back memories. I used to live in spitting distance of Stratford on Avon. If the shopkeepers recognised you as local they dropped the prices. We used to carry evidence of address so they didn't rip us off.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 10:36:07 AM
There are many reasons to travel to Brittany a main one being there are very few British tourists where I go. It also is not just the fish, shellfish and bivalve molluscs.  A menu Ouvrier (Workers) restaurant meal at lunch time is €13-€13.5.  That is three courses 1/2 litre of wine and coffee included.
Well the Cornish are well known for ripping off tourists. Those of us who live nearby know this and when I cross the Tamar I avoid shops in seaside resorts like the plague, and tend to avoid the souvenir shops selling overpriced tat. I tend to shop where the locals do. And rather than spend extortionate amounts on holiday lets, caravan sites, or hotels, I live near enough that it is cheaper for me to drive in from home whenever I want to go there.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 12, 2021, 09:56:13 AM
To be fair there would be little point in travelling to Brittany if you could get all the same here. That's why most go abroad  - to experience something different.

There are many reasons to travel to Brittany a main one being there are very few British tourists where I go. It also is not just the fish, shellfish and bivalve molluscs.  A menu Ouvrier (Workers) restaurant meal at lunch time is €13-€13.5.  That is three courses 1/2 litre of wine and coffee included.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 09:35:03 AM
Already posted, but you are wasting your time. (Seriously.) It stems from in general terms unless it is wrapped in batter or in the frozen food section of the supermarket British people don't eat fresh fish or crustaceans or bi-valve molluscs. There is not the demand in Britain.
You are wasting your time posting web links. Because it appears you don't understand the problem.
To be fair there would be little point in travelling to Brittany if you could get all the same here. That's why most go abroad  - to experience something different.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 12, 2021, 09:14:12 AM
Come on then Pappy Ill make it my mission to find what you want . Wheres the shopping list ?
Already posted, but you are wasting your time. (Seriously.) It stems from in general terms unless it is wrapped in batter or in the frozen food section of the supermarket British people don't eat fresh fish or crustaceans or bi-valve molluscs. There is not the demand in Britain.
You are wasting your time posting web links. Because it appears you don't understand the problem. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on November 12, 2021, 09:04:48 AM
It is not a case of dedicated to Fruits De Mer, they can't do it. It can't be posted or delivered by courier. Also they don't appear to stock what is needed anyway.
(I have been searching for a long time for a fishmonger that could supply a fruits de mer or is anything like a fishmonger (Vivier,) in Brittany. There are none at all in Cornwall. There used to be one in Porthleven that came close, but that moved elsewhere in Portheven changed  names and is a shadow of it former self.)
Come on then Pappy Ill make it my mission to find what you want . Wheres the shopping list ?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 11, 2021, 08:05:58 PM
Yes it can,but you'd just come up with a lot of waffle that it's not a dedicated fruits de mer......did you read the dictionary meaning of an off licence btw?
It is not a case of dedicated to Fruits De Mer, they can't do it. It can't be posted or delivered by courier. Also they don't appear to stock what is needed anyway.
(I have been searching for a long time for a fishmonger that could supply a fruits de mer or is anything like a fishmonger (Vivier,) in Brittany. There are none at all in Cornwall. There used to be one in Porthleven that came close, but that moved elsewhere in Portheven changed  names and is a shadow of it former self.)

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 11, 2021, 07:45:21 PM
Fruits de mer. (It could  not be done by post or courier anyway. It is a mixture of cooked and raw ingredients.)
Yes it can,but you'd just come up with a lot of waffle that it's not a dedicated fruits de mer......did you read the dictionary meaning of an off licence btw?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?