Main Menu

COP26

Started by Barry, November 01, 2021, 09:37:32 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2021, 10:23:57 PM
It is merely because I think your faith is helping to blind you to the reality of what is happening. And our carbon emissions are not at all piffling but amount to many billions of tons. The percentage of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere, though small, is substantially larger than it was in pre-industrial times, and we are still pumping it out.

And it is indeed a bit rich for someone of faith to believe that those of us who follow the science which is based upon facts and measurements are the religious ones. Faith in science is not a religion. It is placing reason based upon evidence above superstition.
Ah well you got it wrong there afaik Barry has never called those who believe in global warming as a religion.

However I have for the simple reason anyone who doesn't has the label "denier" which sounds all too familiar from the past for those like me who are atheist who were persecuted for failing to follow what was the accepted belief system.

And I do think I'm right in this here you are in many posts pointing and laughing because there are those who don't believe in this now,don't you see the irony considering your faith comment.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 09:58:17 PM
Couldn't resist having a pop at my faith, could you? Pathetic.
It is merely because I think your faith is helping to blind you to the reality of what is happening. And our carbon emissions are not at all piffling but amount to many billions of tons. The percentage of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere, though small, is substantially larger than it was in pre-industrial times, and we are still pumping it out.

And it is indeed a bit rich for someone of faith to believe that those of us who follow the science which is based upon facts and measurements are the religious ones. Faith in science is not a religion. It is placing reason based upon evidence above superstition.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Well steve I'm a faithless old git.....by choice,he has his faith by choice none of which is relevant to global warming.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 09:58:17 PM
I know what you believe. You believe that man is contributing to global warming by exuding a piffling amount of CO2.
Every sane person knows there is very little we can do. Even if I believed in your anthropogenic global warming religion, I would still say much the same. If humanity wants to survive, it has to keep warm and create some pollution. Now, cleaning up physical pollution on the planet, yes, I'm all for that. In fact, I'm often picking up other people's rubbish and binning it. And I'm a meticulous recycler, low energy user and walk when I can, rather than drive.

It may be against the faith but he who laughs last etc! 

Barry

Quote from: srb7677 on November 12, 2021, 09:26:31 PM
But our own collective actions are having a demonstrable adverse effect upon it.

No one is in charge of the climate, it is a nurally occurring thing, but one which our own actions can influence. That is the point of action.
I know what you believe. You believe that man is contributing to global warming by exuding a piffling amount of CO2.
Every sane person knows there is very little we can do. Even if I believed in your anthropogenic global warming religion, I would still say much the same. If humanity wants to survive, it has to keep warm and create some pollution. Now, cleaning up physical pollution on the planet, yes, I'm all for that. In fact, I'm often picking up other people's rubbish and binning it. And I'm a meticulous recycler, low energy user and walk when I can, rather than drive.

QuoteBut those who prefer to put their faith in ancient scribblings will never accept that.

† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2021, 09:46:28 PMThey can make all the promises they like. We are not in charge of the climate.
But our own collective actions are having a demonstrable adverse effect upon it.

No one is in charge of the climate, it is a nurally occurring thing, but one which our own actions can influence. That is the point of action.

But those who prefer to put their faith in ancient scribblings will never accept that. 
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2021, 04:48:29 PM
The result of the conference is about to be announced and I have a preview.

Not Cop 26 more like cop out all round.

Barry

The result of the conference is about to be announced and I have a preview.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 10, 2021, 09:46:28 PM
Boris has been pleading with all and sundry to get an agreement to keep the world from getting warmer by no more than 1.5C.
It seems he's having trouble getting that agreement and as Greta would say, it's been "blah blah blah".

Anyhow, even the most fervent believer in the AGW religion would have to admit that keeping to a 1.5C limit is like nailing jelly to the wall.
They can make all the promises they like. We are not in charge of the climate.
Well..... we could be but too many people aren't prepared to see who is in charge. Whoops wrong section!!!! :-[

Barry

Boris has been pleading with all and sundry to get an agreement to keep the world from getting warmer by no more than 1.5C.
It seems he's having trouble getting that agreement and as Greta would say, it's been "blah blah blah".

Anyhow, even the most fervent believer in the AGW religion would have to admit that keeping to a 1.5C limit is like nailing jelly to the wall.
They can make all the promises they like. We are not in charge of the climate.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 06, 2021, 01:48:55 PM
It's your last point I would like to bring up. I feel the mathematical modellers really need to get their heads out if their collective arses, stop believing the BS and take a hard look at the actual measurements because they sent a bloody rocket up to measure the upper atmosphere and found it was actually going in the opposite direction from what the climate alarmists mathematical models stated.

The problem I have is I'm the sort of scientist who created productions in my field that were capable of being tested by real world experiments and observations.

When "scientists" ignore observations that go against their predictions, well, we have a word for such people

We call them fraudsters.
Exactly. 

They have built a model based on the premise that any slight increase in CO2 increases temperature. How are they shocked that when they increase the CO2 input into their model the output is higher temperatures. 
This is not science, it's coding!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on November 03, 2021, 11:18:05 PM
The M25 was under construction when Margaret Thatcher was still snatching free school milk from children. First bits were constructed in the early 1970s. The motorway had been on the cards for over a decade and in the end it was formed from sections of two of London's proposed 'ringways'.

Re global warming - two statements that show a lack of unserstanding are:
1. "We're killing the planet" - er . . . no, it would take a very large asteroid to do that. What we're doing is upsetting the balance of the biosphere, which is like a kind of mould growing on the surface of the planet.  It will have bad consequences for many people, but the planet will survive, just like Mars, Venus etc. have survived.
2. "Climate change is nonsense! And what about volcanoes?" - er . . .no, all the evidence shows it's happening in line with scientists' predictions.
It's your last point I would like to bring up. I feel the mathematical modellers really need to get their heads out if their collective arses, stop believing the BS and take a hard look at the actual measurements because they sent a bloody rocket up to measure the upper atmosphere and found it was actually going in the opposite direction from what the climate alarmists mathematical models stated.

The problem I have is I'm the sort of scientist who created productions in my field that were capable of being tested by real world experiments and observations.

When "scientists" ignore observations that go against their predictions, well, we have a word for such people

We call them fraudsters.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on November 05, 2021, 09:11:48 PMI had been drinking when I typed that. I meant crank rubbish.
We'll let you off that one then Steve :)

Nick

Quote from: Barry on November 05, 2021, 09:57:02 PMIf the source has researched the subject and come up with some facts, speak against those "facts".
I've been asking Steve to do that very thing to the facts that I presented, as of now he has been disinclined to acquiesce.