Boris Johnson booed as he arrives at Glasgow Central train station

Started by Thomas, November 10, 2021, 03:47:33 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 15, 2021, 04:22:05 PM

If i was johnson , i would do what sturgeon and others are doing and sit quietly , take the flak , while building up the dossiers on labour just in time for the next election.

Which is what Boris seems to be doing. He is wandering around muttering peccavi and thinking that while power corrupts, absolute power is even more fun
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 04:12:36 PM
I'm fairly sure that someone on the right will be going through the opposition MP's second jobs. Let's see how opinion swings if the Lefts halo slips.
What halo?

If i was johnson , i would do what sturgeon and others are doing and sit quietly , take the flak , while building up the dossiers on labour just in time for the next election.

Starmers getting his 5 minutes of pontificating while jumping on yet another bandwagon , but he also needs you to forget labours record.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 04:12:36 PM
I'm fairly sure that someone on the right will be going through the opposition MP's second jobs. Let's see how opinion swings if the Lefts halo slips.
I certainly hope so but Conservative are hardly right at the mo.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 08:44:24 PM
Well I'm not making Boris the single sleaze target,it's never far from power is it?

Nothing truer than "Power corrupts,absolute power corrupts absolutely "
Absolutely...

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 10, 2021, 08:13:54 PM
Ok you have a point but this isn't strictly about Boris is it? I don't think he is in the right job but sleaze has been wrapped up with his persona, and that isn't so. He is right when he says that other jobs enhance democracy. We need all sorts of people with varying experience but more than anything particularly now we need people with education and experience and expertise. Those screaming for blood want a stack of plastic people to run the country. It's not Boris' fault as long as those working outside are within the rules.
Well I'm not making Boris the single sleaze target,it's never far from power is it?

Nothing truer than "Power corrupts,absolute power corrupts absolutely "
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on November 10, 2021, 07:38:41 PM
Hang fire here T00ts booing Boris isn't a show of stupidity by unthinking masses on the contrary it illustrates people thinking only too well and along the same lines as yourself where you have said recently he's a liability and will be replaced soon.

That's not bringing down parliament but showing as much disapproval as Steamer would receive there.
Ok you have a point but this isn't strictly about Boris is it? I don't think he is in the right job but sleaze has been wrapped up with his persona, and that isn't so. He is right when he says that other jobs enhance democracy. We need all sorts of people with varying experience but more than anything particularly now we need people with education and experience and expertise. Those screaming for blood want a stack of plastic people to run the country. It's not Boris' fault as long as those working outside are within the rules.

Borchester

Boris is a politician. He likes cheers but at a pinch, insults will do. What he does not want is to be ignored. If the rent a mob had any sense they would have greeted him in stony silence. But they didn't so the blond moppet got another few moments of media attention.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 10, 2021, 07:10:15 PM
Of course BJ was booed. What a first for Scotland. Perhaps they were on the Scottish Government payroll! The knives are out in this oh so popular cancel culture. The unthinking masses once again show their stupidity. We already have enough anarchy - so they manage to bring Parliament down. What then? There are too many idiots about.
Hang fire here T00ts booing Boris isn't a show of stupidity by unthinking masses on the contrary it illustrates people thinking only too well and along the same lines as yourself where you have said recently he's a liability and will be replaced soon.

That's not bringing down parliament but showing as much disapproval as Steamer would receive there.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Of course BJ was booed. What a first for Scotland. Perhaps they were on the Scottish Government payroll! The knives are out in this oh so popular cancel culture. The unthinking masses once again show their stupidity. We already have enough anarchy - so they manage to bring Parliament down. What then? There are too many idiots about.

Nick

Quote from: Thomas on November 10, 2021, 03:47:33 PM
PRIME Minister Boris Johnson arrived in Glasgow this afternoon to booing from people gathered in the train station, reports say.

The Tory leader has returned to the COP26 climate summit in the city on the first day of parliamentary recess, amid a heightening row over cronyism and sleaze in his party.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19707336.boris-johnson-booed-arrives-glasgow-central-train-station/

Sleaze that bad that Labour still can't get within 3 points of the Tories. 
How'd you think Starmer would be received Tommy?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

PRIME Minister Boris Johnson arrived in Glasgow this afternoon to booing from people gathered in the train station, reports say.

The Tory leader has returned to the COP26 climate summit in the city on the first day of parliamentary recess, amid a heightening row over cronyism and sleaze in his party.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19707336.boris-johnson-booed-arrives-glasgow-central-train-station/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!