SNP call for Scottish Tory peerage to be withdrawn over 'cash for honours' row

Started by Thomas, November 10, 2021, 03:54:03 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 10, 2021, 05:06:24 PM
Miserable little prig.

And how much has Mhairi Black and that miserable little shit Pete Wishart given to SNP funds? f**k all I would imagine.

"When I want a peerage, I shall buy one like an honest man."

Alfred Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Northcliffe
ha ha borkie brilliant quote.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Miserable little prig.

And how much has Mhairi Black and that miserable little shit Pete Wishart given to SNP funds? F@@@ all I would imagine.

"When I want a peerage, I shall buy one like an honest man."

Alfred Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Northcliffe
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

SNP call for Scottish Tory peerage to be withdrawn over 'cash for honours' row

The SNP has called for a new Tory minister's peerage to be withdrawn over the "cash for honours" row.
Nationalist MP Mhairi Black said the elevation of Lord Offord, who donated a six figure sum to the party, should be revoked.
A media investigation at the weekend found that over a dozen Tory treasurers over the past two decades had been offered a seat in the Lords – after donating millions of pounds to the party.
The revelation raised fresh questions about donors ending up as Conservative legislators at Westminster.
A complaint to the Met is being considered.
Millionaire Offord, who has donated almost £150,000 to the Conservative Party, was given a life peerage in October and became a Minister in the Scotland office.

This came after the businessman failed to get elected to the Scottish Parliament election in May.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-call-scots-tory-peerage-25425226

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!