Shock poll gives Labour six-point lead

Started by Thomas, November 13, 2021, 11:14:38 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 01:23:36 PM
I think it was because the wrong brother became leader and opened the door. As I remember it Corbyn's name was only put forward because some idiot thought it balanced things up. No-one expected him to win. A bit like a whole raft of MPs in Westminster now.
i dont. I think the David milliband wrong brother myth keeps popping up from time to time , but its no more true now than when it was first spoken.

What would david milliband have done different to his brother ed?

He was tainted with new labour  , and the public had had enough of new labour in the final years of blairs reign never mind 2010. The writing was on the wall , and the mythical hero of david milliband would not have saved the party , or got them elected in 2015.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

labour supporting remainers and some liberals have a spring in their step at the minute.

this is the sort of stuff being posted on various social media platforms...:D

the bitterness is endless.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 13, 2021, 01:17:58 PM
Corbyn ended up a Labour leader because of Tony Blair.
I think it was because the wrong brother became leader and opened the door. As I remember it Corbyn's name was only put forward because some idiot thought it balanced things up. No-one expected him to win. A bit like a whole raft of MPs in Westminster now.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 13, 2021, 01:17:58 PM
starmer ended up leader because of corbyn.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on November 13, 2021, 01:16:38 PM
I suspect a significant number of people who have previously voted Tory will not vote at all at the next general election. The "Red Wall" Labour voters who lent Tories a vote probably will not vote Tory again and the damage that Brexit is doing will cost the Tories votes as well.
im intrigued pappy.  So cromwell and deppity according to you will return to mother labours apron strings. What about us in scotland?

I tell you pappy , your love of labour ( i have never supported labour blah bla h blah:D)and hatred of the tory is beyond any reconciliation isnt it?

Pappy , i hate to point this out , but you have been telling me since 2010 the tories are going to get voted out in that crystal ball of yours. Now while im sure sods law says it will happen eventually , i dont think it will be because of any insight of yours.

Dont you vote liberal this time either!!!!;)

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 01:15:54 PM
That's kind of how Corbyn ended up as Labour leader.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 13, 2021, 01:13:49 PM
if Starmer really put forward an EU application he would disappear in a cloud of smoke.
He wont though toots. Labour are terrified of democracy. Even the liberals made fun of them back in 2015 when they opposed the eu referendum proposed by cameron .

You heard gerry our man in (kent) i mean dublin , that the plan is to tie the uk back in secretly behind closed doors treaty by treaty . They wont make the mistake a second time of relying on the public to do their bidding.

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 12:58:56 PM

On this very forum , never mind elsehwere , there are mass grumblings of discontent from conservative voters. I dont think at present the polls are far out , but wether they will remain this way toa general election is anyone s guess.
I suspect a significant number of people who have previously voted Tory will not vote at all at the next general election. The "Red Wall" Labour voters who lent Tories a vote probably will not vote Tory again and the damage that Brexit is doing will cost the Tories votes as well.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 01:11:29 PM
To be honest Tommy, I gave Boris credit for a bit more rat like cunning, but clearly I was wrong.

When I was a lad a girl looked at me, sighed and said alright, just get on with it and I will pretend it isn't happening. I can see Sir Keir getting into Number 10 by the same philosophy.

As you say, no one minds a bit of sleaze, but there are rules to the game and lately the Tories have been too smug about it.
That's kind of how Corbyn ended up as Labour leader.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 13, 2021, 01:11:29 PM
To be honest Tommy, I gave Boris credit for a bit more rat like cunning, but clearly I was wrong.

When I was a lad a girl looked at me, sighed and said alright, just get on with it and I will pretend it isn't happening. I can see Sir Keir getting into Number 10 by the same philosophy.

As you say, no one minds a bit of sleaze, but there are rules to the game and lately the Tories have been too smug about it.
i see the few remaining liberals on twitter are saying the lib dems could try and become kingmakers in any future general election , which looks likely to result in a hung parliament  , and make a rejoin referendum conditional on thier support?

:D

What feckin support?

Honestly , politics , after a long period of boredom , has suddenly become fun and interesting once again.

Even pappay is seeming a bit more spritely if i do say so at the thought of all this potential tory gloom and doom.;D

T00ts

The general public and Conservatives in particular are within their rights to hold the Government's feet to the fire at this moment. If a GE was called for next month I feel confident that the Conservatives would be returned and if Starmer really put forward an EU application he would disappear in a cloud of smoke.

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 12:00:50 PM
Thats why i couldnt understand your comment about sturgeon and this climate change malarkey borkie.

Sturgeon is obviously taking the gamble that climate change will win her more votes from the loony left and liberals than what it will cost her , while johnson has absolutely nothing to gain going down this route as his electoral base will not tolerate it.

Boris has tried to jump on the climate bandwagon that is being pushed by the yank democrats , has hit the tailgate and bounced back off and is lying face down in the dirt.

He is also being hammered in my opinion by the daily crossings in the channel. I think the public could forgive him covid , but not the rest.

I dont think sleaze is as major as the media are making out. We both agree , they are all at it , and sturgeon didnt seem to be hamstrung over her antics in stealing indy funds. As long as they al keep the thieving to a minimum , most of us dont mind , and listening to labour talk about corruption is like listening to hitler lecturing on anti semitism.

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 13, 2021, 12:53:40 PM
Are they the same T**** who forecast D*ckHe*d Drakeford would be handed a P45 in May six monthsxago ? Look how that worked out.
What are you insinuating now john , opinion polls can't be trusted as they are somehow always wrong?

I think on average they get things more correct than not . No one is suggesting they are perfect .

Are you seriously suggesting this poll is wrong in light of all the controversy and current problems the government in westminster are facing?

On this very forum , never mind elsehwere , there are mass grumblings of discontent from conservative voters. I dont think at present the polls are far out , but wether they will remain this way toa general election is anyone s guess.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on November 13, 2021, 11:53:55 AM
I also see britain elects are forecasting that johnson would lose his seat in this latest poll discussion? Im no fan of johnson or his government , but the prospect of the only alternative in the uk two horse farce taking power terrifies me.

I still remember well the last time we had a new labour government .
Are they the same twats who forecast Dickhead Drakeford would be handed a P45 in May six monthsxago ? Look how that worked out.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

i stand corrected its no 8 seats , its 8 per cent down ....

Britain Elects

@BritainElects
ยท 14h
The latest from Britain Predicts Hung parliament, Conservatives the largest party Con: 308 MPs (-57) Lab: 254 (+52) SNP: 55 (+7) LDem: 9 (-2)