Kyle Rittenhouse acquittal

Started by Barry, November 20, 2021, 10:04:19 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Well it seems the independent want you to believe he was acquitted of shooting three black men ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2021, 02:57:59 PM
Oh OK all those mass shootings must be a figment of my imagination,I have no doubt there are are a lot of decent yanks but if you think there aren't too many loons either or that it must be ok for a teenager to be wandering around with a semi automatic rifle slung over his shoulder playing at upholder of the law then you need a bloody optician.
The vast majority of mass shootings in America are drug and  gang related . If your not into drugs and not a gang member the chances are virtually zero of being a victim .

For sure the kid should not have been involved , you would have thought an adult would have sent him home but it was strange times when a lot of people should have stayed at home instead of trying to influence 'justice' .  It doesn't  seem  some  have learned that particular lesson  , especially those  who should know better .

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 20, 2021, 01:01:20 PM
Im with JOG on this I think its a great place . Not as amazingly great as its northern neighbour but pretty good .  Always welcoming and eager to help a concept I would gladly see transferred to the UK . 

Ive been a few times and like JoG have never seen any guns apart from on the police  even in more rural areas .

The BLM marches and reactions to them were a bad time for America , the charged atmosphere of those months were IMO more to blame than America's gun laws .
Oh OK all those mass shootings must be a figment of my imagination,I have no doubt there are are a lot of decent yanks but if you think there aren't too many loons either or that it must be ok for a teenager to be wandering around with a semi automatic rifle slung over his shoulder playing at upholder of the law then you need a bloody optician.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Comments like this will not help keep the peace:

New York City's Democratic mayor Bill de Blasio was among the first to react to the verdict, calling it "disgusting." 

"It sends a horrible message to this country," Mr De Blasio said. [highlight]"To call this a miscarriage of justice is an understatement."[/highlight]

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 20, 2021, 02:30:48 PM
I'd give credence to that argument, but wasn't the metropolitan policeman recently banged up for murdering a woman and ruining Cressida Dicks reacceptance speech formerly a firearms officer ??
He was, one of the 2500 police officers who were never vetted properly. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with the number of gun toting psychopaths in America. I just do not want to go to America, that has been my opinion for a very long time and as time passes my opinion has hardened.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 01:39:47 PM
It is the psychopaths with easy access to firearms that puts me off of going to America. (Not the only reason, that is just the top of a long list.)
I'd give credence to that argument, but wasn't the metropolitan policeman recently banged up for murdering a woman and ruining Cressida Dicks reacceptance speech formerly a firearms officer ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 20, 2021, 12:03:06 PM
You probably would not like it. It is filled with happy, pleasant people who are amazingly pleased you gave chosen to spend your holiday in the country that they call home
It is the psychopaths with easy access to firearms that puts me off of going to America. (Not the only reason, that is just the top of a long list.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2021, 10:52:48 AM
From what I read and saw about this Biden said he is angry but did say the verdict should be respected and that the jury system works so we should abide by it.

Baz is right though I do believe the whole place is one big asylum,if I lived there I'd be in despair.........in what sort of society do you have a bunch of knobs who dress up in military gear so much so they do look like army personnel and then go to protests only making the situation worse.

Why is a teenager whose performance in court showed only too well how unprepared he was to be wielding a deadly weapon in fact why is any civilian allowed an automatic rifle?

I would bet if you compiled a log on such shootings whether they be mass or out of hand guns ho I'm only protecting myself under the law you might be as convinced as I that  the place really is a madhouse

We do have very strict gun laws thank god and imagine were they the same here as over there we'd be as bad,sadly people do look at the US and try to transfer that society to here as though it's a good thing.

People are less inclined to allow others their views are too intolerant to accept the validity of anothers thought in whole or part I sometimes find all the intolerance rather depressing and I can be as guilty as any at times.

Maybe we should foster a sense of humour in the face of such events because as sure  as hell the insanity should make you cry.
Im with JOG on this I think its a great place . Not as amazingly great as its northern neighbour but pretty good .  Always welcoming and eager to help a concept I would gladly see transferred to the UK .  

Ive been a few times and like JoG have never seen any guns apart from on the police  even in more rural areas . 

The BLM marches and reactions to them were a bad time for America , the charged atmosphere of those months were IMO more to blame than America's gun laws .

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 20, 2021, 10:52:48 AM
From what I read and saw about this Biden said he is angry but did say the verdict should be respected and that the jury system works so we should abide by it.

The problem is, how are Americans supposed to respect a president who comes out with a line like that?
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on November 20, 2021, 10:14:52 AM
I would not go to America for a bet.
You probably would not like it. It is filled with happy, pleasant people who are amazingly pleased you gave chosen to spend your holiday in the country that they call home
And that was just the border force at the immigration desks at SeaTac. Or to give it it's full name Seattle Tacoma International Airport

Now MAYBE all those people are programmed to react that way when the answer to "is this your first visit" is "yes, we're from Britain and fancied doing something different for our wedding anniversary"

But I doubt it.

And the steak and eggs Denny's Diner did for us about 3am their time were amazing.

In fact my biggest complaint is out in the Alaskan outback I never saw a single gun, or gun store. I had so hoped to pop in and try firing the hand held version of the 30mm chaingun cannon Rose calibrated for the helicopter gunship we worked on, but all the shops and bars in the Alaskan Capital had notices demanding you check any firearms in at the sheriff's office before entering the store .....

This was Sept 2019. Diamond Princess was about to be impounded ....

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on November 20, 2021, 10:19:42 AM
From what I have seen this morning it seems too many have made their minds up outside of the law courts even before the trial. Too many voicing their views and decisions and swaying the view of those gullible enough to listen rather than think. There is only one decision and that is of the jury of his peers. For the President to now say that he doesn't agree is going to throw the whole nation into disarray. If they lose the authority of their judicial system where else can they go? Trial by media is not a healthy route and sadly we are following suit.

Baz is right though I do believe the whole place is one big asylum,if I lived there I'd be in despair.........in what sort of society do you have a bunch of knobs who dress up in military gear so much so they do look like army personnel and then go to protests only making the situation worse.

Why is a teenager whose performance in court showed only too well how unprepared he was to be wielding a deadly weapon in fact why is any civilian allowed an automatic rifle?

I would bet if you compiled a log on such shootings whether they be mass or out of hand guns ho I'm only protecting myself under the law you might be as convinced as I that  the place really is a madhouse

We do have very strict gun laws thank god and imagine were they the same here as over there we'd be as bad,sadly people do look at the US and try to transfer that society to here as though it's a good thing.

People are less inclined to allow others their views are too intolerant to accept the validity of anothers thought in whole or part I sometimes find all the intolerance rather depressing and I can be as guilty as any at times.

Maybe we should foster a sense of humour in the face of such events because as sure  as hell the insanity should make you cry.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 20, 2021, 10:04:19 AM
He has been found not guilty of two homicides and a wounding. His defence was self-defence. The jury acquitted him.
It's difficult to get a non partisan view from the press but here's wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting
However comments from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are strongly suggesting the decision is wrong, which is likely to foment violence.
Cromwell reckons America is a huge lunatic asylum and this does make you wonder if he's right.
From what I have seen this morning it seems too many have made their minds up outside of the law courts even before the trial. Too many voicing their views and decisions and swaying the view of those gullible enough to listen rather than think. There is only one decision and that is of the jury of his peers. For the President to now say that he doesn't agree is going to throw the whole nation into disarray. If they lose the authority of their judicial system where else can they go? Trial by media is not a healthy route and sadly we are following suit.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 20, 2021, 10:04:19 AM

Cromwell reckons America is a huge lunatic asylum and this does make you wonder if he's right.
I would not go to America for a bet.

Barry

He has been found not guilty of two homicides and a wounding. His defence was self-defence. The jury acquitted him.
It's difficult to get a non partisan view from the press but here's wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting
However comments from Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are strongly suggesting the decision is wrong, which is likely to foment violence.
† The end is nigh †