Has our government let us down?

Started by HallowedBrexit, November 30, 2021, 10:02:24 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on November 30, 2021, 10:02:24 AM
I'm obviously talking about the loss of Barbados here.

Brexit was meant to be a voyage into the wider world and the reestablishment of our colonial possessions. Now Northern Ireland is under siege and Barbados has declared independence.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1529012/royal-family-barbados-colonialism-slavery-republic-profit-apologise-queen-elizabeth-vn

Maggie would have never let this happen. Union Flag
Barbados has been independent for 55 years. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on November 30, 2021, 12:06:50 PM
Only because it touches a nerve,if Drax has held that land they should compulsory purchase it back for what he paid for it.

And by the same token all those people denied a place to live in Cornwall you complain about are also entitled,it's your logic Smurfy you just don't like the bit that affects you.

And if he wasn't a Tory mp I doubt you'd even mention it.
All true Ollie.

Plus, Pappy has benefited from years of the UK education system and brain transplants from the NHS, but never gets further than telling everyone they are stupid or that he is offended. He has spent a life time wasting the taxpayers money and must owe the rest of the board a fortune.

When can we expend the refunds Pappy?
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2021, 11:44:44 AM
That comment is beyond stupid.
Only because it touches a nerve,if Drax has held that land they should compulsory purchase it back for what he paid for it.

And by the same token all those people denied a place to live in Cornwall you complain about are also entitled,it's your logic Smurfy you just don't like the bit that affects you.

And if he wasn't a Tory mp I doubt you'd even mention it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

It was great to see Charles and Camilla jetting off to Barbados on the PM's RAF plane ZZ336.
I just wonder why they popped into Mildenhall on the way, because it isn't and it must have used a lot of fuel pumping a load more CO2 into the atmosphere, increasing the world's temp over 5.5C already. I'd have thought they would have done a Greta and got on a luxury sail powered catamaran and enjoyed vomiting across the Atlantic, before returning on a container ship.
Let Barbados people do as they think best. HM Queen has wished them well, probably whilst blowing a raspberry.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on November 30, 2021, 11:35:13 AM

Anyway Smurfy by your logic when are you going to make some reparations for denying a resident of Cornwall a place to live?
That comment is beyond stupid.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2021, 11:07:35 AM
Unbelievable:-

https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/10/16/intensified-calls-for-british-mp-drax-to-return-plantation-property/

Intensified calls for British MP Drax to return plantation property
Article by
Barbados Today Traffic

Published on
October 16, 2021

Special Envoy on Reparations and Economic Enfranchisement Trevor Prescod is adding his voice to the public protests which have been ongoing in England, asking British MP Sir Richard Drax to surrender Drax Hall Plantation to the people of Barbados.

Prescod believes now is the time to educate persons on who Sir Richard Drax is and the history of the plantation that he has inherited.

"I was thinking about it over the past few days that we need to sensitise and educate Barbadians to this Drax affair. Because Mr. Richard Drax is the richest parliamentarian in the House of Commons in England – he represents the constituency of South Dorset.
He is the owner through succession rights of the Drax Hall Plantation in St George which is over 621 acres of land. His family owns the Drax Hall Plantation which is the oldest plantation from the 17th Century until now that remains in the hand of the same family who owned the plantation," he said.
Prescod who is the representative for St Michael East said that he believed now was the opportune time for Barbados to request that Sir Richard Drax do right to the people of Barbados and give the estate back to Barbados.
"I do not know how Mr. Drax could even think that he can escape from some form of reparations but if he is not saying sorry for the criminal act, you would know what kind of battle, we have to put on with Mr. Drax because this man is standing proud in the House of Commons knowing the truth and denying the truth and that goes for a lot of British leaders too. And for me it extends itself to the Queen of England as well as her family especially with the Belle Plantation in St Michael," he said.

Well as they're independent for 55 years now it's simple,compulsory purchase it and quit the headline fuss.

Drax wasn't he a Bond villain or was it a power station? 

Anyway Smurfy by your logic when are you going to make some reparations for denying a resident of Cornwall a place to live?

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2021, 11:07:35 AM

https://barbadostoday.bb/2021/10/16/intensified-calls-for-british-mp-drax-to-return-plantation-property/

Article by
Barbados Today Traffic

Published on
October 16, 2021

Special Envoy on Reparations and Economic Enfranchisement Trevor Prescod is adding his voice to the public protests which have been ongoing in England, asking British MP Sir Richard Drax to surrender Drax Hall Plantation to the people of Barbados.

Prescod believes now is the time to educate persons on who Sir Richard Drax is and the history of the plantation that he has inherited.

"I was thinking about it over the past few days that we need to sensitise and educate Barbadians to this Drax affair. Because Mr. Richard Drax is the richest parliamentarian in the House of Commons in England – he represents the constituency of South Dorset.
He is the owner through succession rights of the Drax Hall Plantation in St George which is over 621 acres of land. His family owns the Drax Hall Plantation which is the oldest plantation from the 17th Century until now that remains in the hand of the same family who owned the plantation," he said.
Prescod who is the representative for St Michael East said that he believed now was the opportune time for Barbados to request that Sir Richard Drax do right to the people of Barbados and give the estate back to Barbados.
"I do not know how Mr. Drax could even think that he can escape from some form of reparations but if he is not saying sorry for the criminal act, you would know what kind of battle, we have to put on with Mr. Drax because this man is standing proud in the House of Commons knowing the truth and denying the truth and that goes for a lot of British leaders too. And for me it extends itself to the Queen of England as well as her family especially with the Belle Plantation in St Michael," he said.

How long has the family had that estate? Honestly you are the last person I would have expected to have gone woke.

papasmurf

Article by
Barbados Today Traffic

Published on
October 16, 2021

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2021, 10:34:46 AM
Really? 
Yes really, after nearly 400 years of disgraceful treatment by the British they are better off.

T00ts

Apparently they have done purely on an administrative level rather than taking any kind of vote from the people. I wonder if China held their feet to the fire. The Chinese Ambassador was very much in evidence it seemed.

cromwell

Well big ears went to apologise,I saw some of them celebrating they'd got rid of Nelsons statue good for them it's their country  but they're also complaining we were a lot of bastards and want some compo.

Only fair so when the Italians cough up for Rome occupying here and taking slaves we should pass that on.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 30, 2021, 10:08:27 AM
Barbados is better off without Britain.
Really? The Queen has only been a titular head for some time - they are independent. I was reading an article where they are now at the behest of China who, like it has in so many other countries, has put an awful lot of cash into their infrastructure. When Barbados realise the debt they owe China and that they can't repay it they will be held to account and property taken instead. Chinese feet on Barbados ground will be the result of that. 

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on November 30, 2021, 10:02:24 AM

Barbados is better off without Britain. 

HallowedBrexit

Brexit was meant to be a voyage into the wider world and the reestablishment of our colonial possessions. Now Northern Ireland is under siege and Barbados has declared independence.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1529012/royal-family-barbados-colonialism-slavery-republic-profit-apologise-queen-elizabeth-vn

Maggie would have never let this happen. Union Flag