Nice Chrissy Pressie

Started by T00ts, November 30, 2021, 05:06:24 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2021, 09:02:43 PM
Living in an area covered by Southern Water, I've discovered they are one of the worst for doing that and polluting the Kent coastlines and if you fancy an oyster, well, don't!

Have you ever bought beer, T00ts? ???
Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2021, 09:02:43 PMMmmm Not that I can remember. I quite enjoyed a good scotch mostly because my Dad used to give me hot toddies when I was ill.:P

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 30, 2021, 08:55:44 PM
If you sent your sewage into the same stream you could double your refund ....

... No. It doesn't work like that.
Living in an area covered by Southern Water, I've discovered they are one of the worst for doing that and polluting the Kent coastlines and if you fancy an oyster, well, don't! 

Have you ever bought beer, T00ts? ???
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

You're lucky. Welsh water expect you to initiate such proceedings.

If you sent your sewage into the same stream you could double your refund ....

... No. It doesn't work like that.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2021, 05:06:24 PM
Now I know how much you all like a bit of good news and will want to let me know just how pleased you all are for me so here goes.

My house became my home 7+ years ago and has main services except for surface water which runs into the local stream. Well apparently My local water board didn't realise that and have charged me since I arrived. It appears that they have realised their error and the refund will arrive in my bank shortly. Now since it is nearly 4 figures that is quite a Christmas Cracker. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
Yipee ! The beers are on Toots Dancing Union Flag Dancing

T00ts

Now I know how much you all like a bit of good news and will want to let me know just how pleased you all are for me so here goes.

My house became my home 7+ years ago and has main services except for surface water which runs into the local stream. Well apparently My local water board didn't realise that and have charged me since I arrived. It appears that they have realised their error and the refund will arrive in my bank shortly. Now since it is nearly 4 figures that is quite a Christmas Cracker. Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing