It's Christmas!!

Started by T00ts, December 02, 2021, 02:40:25 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 03, 2021, 12:37:21 PM
It seems to have just sneaked up on my lot. I keep forgetting that it barely three weeks away. And the problem is that we can afford it. When the kids were small and our backsides were hanging out of out trousers we would think sod it, the bills can wait. In fact, we needed a break so we would spend wedges of cash on presents and parties we could not afford and have a high old time.

But now it looks as though the days of kids jumping into mountains of presents and plundering their way out are as one with the songs of yester year. To say nothing of when my grand niece burst into tears because she didn't get the present she wanted and my brother volunteered to climb back up the chimney and sort the matter out. He was drunk and she was delighted and we had a fine old time.

But I expect this year to be a lot quieter.
Not here it isn't. So get that avatar sorted and join the Christmas magic! ;D

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2021, 09:35:10 AM
Today I see that Nick has joined in the fun with his Christmas avatar (Thank you @Nick) but come on guys where are the rest of you? It's Christmas!!  ;D

It seems to have just sneaked up on my lot. I keep forgetting that it barely three weeks away. And the problem is that we can afford it. When the kids were small and our backsides were hanging out of out trousers we would think sod it, the bills can wait. In fact, we needed a break so we would spend wedges of cash on presents and parties we could not afford and have a high old time.

But now it looks as though the days of kids jumping into mountains of presents and plundering their way out are as one with the songs of yester year. To say nothing of when my grand niece burst into tears because she didn't get the present she wanted and my brother volunteered to climb back up the chimney and sort the matter out. He was drunk and she was delighted and we had a fine old time.

But I expect this year to be a lot quieter.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 11:25:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1P5gcEtHSA
You are a very naughty man and deserve to go on Santa's naughty list permanently. As a polite lady I shouldn't, but it did make me giggle. Dancing I'm sure you could manage a really funny avatar, you obviously have a fund of treasures,

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 11:00:04 AM
I am happy, I just don't want to get dragged in to the commerciality of Christmas.
I didn't think that was what I was trying to do. It's just an avatar for a couple of weeks. I just thought it would support the Forum. We spend a lot of time here on other's efforts. But no matter.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2021, 10:55:26 AM
Pappy this is supposed to be a happy thread about people joining in for Christmas please do not turn it into another squabble. You don't want to participate? Fine. So just let it be please.
I am happy, I just don't want to get dragged in to the commerciality of Christmas.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 10:50:19 AM
That is obvious.
Pappy this is supposed to be a happy thread about people joining in for Christmas please do not turn it into another squabble. You don't want to participate? Fine. So just let it be please.

papasmurf

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 10:28:45 AM
That is not the same context and you know that.
I do not know that. (Seriously) You've been caught telling *expletive deleted* porkies again, Papasmurf.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2021, 10:31:44 AMHave a nice Christmas Pappy in your own way.  ;)
My wife and I intend to, several different plans depending the weather, tide time, and wind direction.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 10:28:45 AM
It seems you simply want to scupper my efforts to cheer some of us up. It's a shame but never mind. You can't win them all my Mum used to say. Have a nice Christmas Pappy in your own way.  ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 03, 2021, 10:21:18 AM
Why lie?
You've got one on another forum.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2021, 10:03:19 AM
Merry Christmas to you too. Just choose a Christmas avatar Pappy even if it's Scrooge. :-*
I don't do avatars.

T00ts