Little Arthur - Conviction.

Started by T00ts, December 02, 2021, 08:32:24 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

"Lessons will  be learned." No they won't, that was again stated today 20 years after it was stated after a similar case.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 03, 2021, 03:29:27 PM
No, it is not enough. They didn't claim they were mad. They claimed they were innocent and lied.
They are not mad - they are evil. You know my thoughts.
They will have eternal suffering which will be tougher than anything we can do.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 03, 2021, 02:41:03 PM
Yes you beat me to it. Is it enough? Not if they ever let them out! I did wonder if they might decide that she or both of them were mad and put them in psychiatric places, but I guess that might still happen. They are both going to be prey wherever they go. I just can't understand the mentality at all.
No, it is not enough. They didn't claim they were mad. They claimed they were innocent and lied.
They are not mad - they are evil. You know my thoughts.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 03, 2021, 02:34:25 PM
She's got a minimum 29 years and him 21 years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-59522243
Yes you beat me to it. Is it enough? Not if they ever let them out! I did wonder if they might decide that she or both of them were mad and put them in psychiatric places, but I guess that might still happen. They are both going to be prey wherever they go. I just can't understand the mentality at all. 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

srb7677

Apparently the evil woman has already been attacked in prison and fears for her safety but after what happened to this little boy I can't say I am minded to care about her plight all that much.

Some of her fellow inmates will be mothers themselves who do actually love and miss their kids, in spite of their own crimes. They are never going to take kindly to a monster like this in their midst.

As for the poor boy's father who condoned all this behaviour and finally told his partner to finish him, he is lucky to get away with manslaughter. In my book this makes him complicit in the murder.

And the litany of tragic failings by police and social workers is sadly all too familiar. Arthur is not the first young child to be murdered in such circumstances. It keeps happening, and every time it does we are told that lessons will be learned. Well it's about fecking time they are!!!

Those directly implicated in the failure to spot what others were clearly seeing and reporting - dismissing serious bruising as supposedly resulting from play, for example - are not fit to have any role in child protection and should be sacked for such failings.

I myself have personal experience of similar failures and attiutudinal problems. I became concerned for the welfare of my niece and nephew some 25 years back now and raised my concerns with social services. This earned the anger of my sister's boyfriend who was widely known to be a nasty piece of work. But social services decided that I was the problem because I was acting as the trigger for the guy's anger and told me to stay away. Their primary focus seemed to be on ensuring my sister maintained her relationship with this guy. When my mother raised concerns too, she too was told to stay away, lest her visiting made the abuser angry.

Effectively, everyone who was present and raising concerns were being systematically cut out of the victims' lives to avoid angering the abuser. Once he had succeeded in isolating them with the apparent full backing of the authorities, he moved with them to another part of the country where social services stopped monitoring the situation entirely. Eventually the guy did prison time for raping my niece when she was 12.

These experiences have not endeared me to the effectiveness of social services, so I am nothing at all like the stereotypical lefty in my attitudes towards them. I have seen first hand patterns of innapropriate responses, wrong priorities, and negligent failures based upon false assumptions, which seem to be a common theme in these most horrendous cases where children have been tortured and murdered
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: Ratcliff on December 03, 2021, 12:46:26 AMHopefully they will both get very lengthy prison terms
And a good kicking inside.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Ratcliff

Quote from: T00ts on December 02, 2021, 08:32:24 PM
I hardly know where to put comment on this case because the story and horror has really broken me.  We see these cases where children and babies are killed almost every week and yet while so often it is reported that the family are known or even reported to the 'authorities' it keeps happening.

I have avoided the videos until today when suddenly it was played on TV news and now I can't un-see/hear it. We might get cross with our kids at times but this behaviour and callous cruelty up to finally killing him just goes beyond my comprehension. I hope they both get life terms, certainly from what I have seen of comments, people expect it, but goodness me I am beyond perplexed by the whole case.

Are we hardened now to the point that in fact no-one stands up for these poor children. What really is wrong with society and those we employ to be on the look out?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10267013/Arthur-Labinjo-Hughes-stepmother-GUILTY.html
The poor little boy didn't stand a chance
His mother stabbed her lover to death , she's in prison
He was sent to live with his father who took up with his murderer  who had already had kids removed. Surely this couldn't have been sanctioned by authorities?
The worried grandparents were ignored by social services and police -another relative threatened with arrest for their concern. These were just about the only people ''on his side''
I don't understand where that heart-breaking video of him moving the duvet on the floor came from - who took it and why? Was it to give the father and girlfriend a buzz at their cruelty?  was it a covert camera ?
Hopefully they will both get very lengthy prison terms

Streetwalker

Are we hardened now to the point that in fact no-one stands up for these poor children. What really is wrong with society and those we employ to be on the look out?

I dont think we are that hardened to the horror story and the unimaginable cruelty shown  in this case .

The judiciary on the other hand will try and find a way to be lenient ,to give a second chance that was never an option for Arthur .

I hope Im wrong 

Barry

Another one for the death sentence, which few else agree with me.
She'll never be any good to society. We don't need her.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

I hardly know where to put comment on this case because the story and horror has really broken me.  We see these cases where children and babies are killed almost every week and yet while so often it is reported that the family are known or even reported to the 'authorities' it keeps happening.

I have avoided the videos until today when suddenly it was played on TV news and now I can't un-see/hear it. We might get cross with our kids at times but this behaviour and callous cruelty up to finally killing him just goes beyond my comprehension. I hope they both get life terms, certainly from what I have seen of comments, people expect it, but goodness me I am beyond perplexed by the whole case.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10267013/Arthur-Labinjo-Hughes-stepmother-GUILTY.html
I have read about about this fairly often as the case goes on and it just makes you want to cry,I don't understand how people can do this,how a six year old knows his dad will kill him,how he was made to stand for hours on end denied food and water overdosed with salt,made to wear a thick wool onesie in the heat of summer whilst they ate ice cream in front of him.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I hardly know where to put comment on this case because the story and horror has really broken me.  We see these cases where children and babies are killed almost every week and yet while so often it is reported that the family are known or even reported to the 'authorities' it keeps happening.