Little Arthur - Conviction.

Started by T00ts, December 02, 2021, 08:32:24 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 06, 2021, 10:13:57 AM
I would think that part of the reason is that it is a horrible job, with little support from bosses, trying to work with hands tied.

The papers this morning trying to blame lockdown for his death. It didn't help, but the truth is Grannie flagged it up and the Social Workers did nothing, despite it being a very troubled family with one murder previously experienced.

Oh there were plenty queueing up.to try and make Sarah's life a bloody misery. If you want to know how Anne Frank felt, ask someone whose been under the Social Services radar. 
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

The problems are many,some social workers are arrogant but not as much as their masters who engage in projects more to do with their image and the perception they are of international importance.

They forget their job is to keep the street lights on,roads free of potholes and drains clear,then there are their social service obligations.

Instead they have bike lane fanaticism,obsession with climate change issues they've quietly  taken down and disposed of their nuclear free zone signs.

They puff themselves up with having cabinet positions and chief executives who get paid more than Boris.

Yes central govrpt have cut funding to the bone wrongly imo and imposed Mayors and police commissioners partly to shift responsibility as have the councils themselves who have contracted out much of social services for similar reasons.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 06, 2021, 10:13:57 AM
I would think that part of the reason is that it is a horrible job,
Unless things have changed all courses for qualifications to become social workers are over subscribed.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 08:04:40 AM
Social Services are 6000 short in the number of staff needed.
I would think that part of the reason is that it is a horrible job, with little support from bosses, trying to work with hands tied.

The papers this morning trying to blame lockdown for his death. It didn't help, but the truth is Grannie flagged it up and the Social Workers did nothing, despite it being a very troubled family with one murder previously experienced.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 06, 2021, 08:04:40 AM
And the reasons for that are?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

srb7677

Quote from: T00ts on December 05, 2021, 12:44:29 PMWe always seem to find the money for everything else but that which is the most important - people!
Indeed. The previous Labour council that ran Plymouth until May 2021 was fond - with very good reason - of blaming the Tories for slashing budgets. And yet they were able to find the money to waste on pigging statues that hardly anyone wanted, reinforcing the growing sense of a party out of touch.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

T00ts

I read an interesting comment this morning which struck a chord for me. I don't know who funds Social Services whether it be Local Government or Central quoted from comments in the DM -

'We haven't got the cash to do the job properly as we are too busy re naming streets , removing statues , and blowing millions on environmental traffic cycle lanes so we will fob you off with a lame duck statement'.

We always seem to find the money for everything else but that which is the most important - people!

johnofgwent

I see the ARSEbook brigade of "light up a frame for the latest thing to rant about" are putting up a picture with the absurd "you were loved" chant. Absurd because quite clearly he wasn't.

They're like ambulance chasers and ENG "news broadcasters". They gather as a pack at the site of some ghastly going on, JUST long enough to get an OBE for services to professional mourning, then f**k off to the next one.

I speak from experience at the receiving end. After the murder whole groups of such nutters went into group grief outpouring, and the vultures flocked for the story all camped out at the scene of the crime and a couple of places wed put false stories out were where my eldest the mystery witness was hiding out.

After about a fortnight of such bollocks, a woman in her 60s went missing from her home and was found face down in the canal near it, and a bloke got burned alive in the M4 tunnels after a nasty prang

The two groups were having real problems deciding which of these were more deserving of being their next centre of attention

Makes me puke.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: Ratcliff on December 04, 2021, 01:19:18 PM
That long ago it was more likely Victoria Climbie, another one failed by child protection authorities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Victoria_Climbi%C3%A9
Yes another name etched into the memory but lesson still not learned.

Ratcliff

Quote from: Nick on December 04, 2021, 01:50:47 AM
Baby P I think.

That long ago it was more likely Victoria Climbie, another one failed by child protection authorities

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Victoria_Climbi%C3%A9

T00ts

The blame game is in full swing of course. Social Services - especially their boss, who apparently retired weeks after the discovery, the police for telling the child's uncle that he would be arrested if he went to the house again in lockdown. The Government of course for locking down and putting loads of kids in danger of abuse. 

SS only did doorstep checks, but a 6 yr old could have been properly checked all over even in the hallway, based on the Grandmother's photos. They obviously didn't. The police assumed that SS were doing their job so didn't follow up. Teachers I don't think could be expected to be involved until he didn't turn up at school 9 days before he died so that might be an opportunity missed and of course the government will be expected to carry the can when actually an awful lot of people failed to use their common sense.

No doubt 'lessons will be learned' yet it always seems it's the wrong lessons.

srb7677

Quote from: Barry on December 03, 2021, 03:29:27 PM
No, it is not enough. They didn't claim they were mad. They claimed they were innocent and lied.
They are not mad - they are evil. You know my thoughts.
She got a minimum of 29 years, which is just that - a minimum. Doesnt mean she will actually be released then. It only means that is the earliest time she can possibly even be considered for parole. Personally I think child killers should get an automatic full life tariff.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2021, 03:45:25 PM
"Lessons will  be learned." No they won't, that was again stated today 20 years after it was stated after a similar case.
Baby P I think.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.