I am ridden with phsiotherapists

Started by Borchester, December 08, 2021, 09:04:28 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 08, 2021, 10:25:24 AM
The whole new thinking is that exercise will stop the need for pills because keeping moving will keep said joints lubricated. There is a raft of alternative options that I use that do help. PM me if you'd like info. Apart from that be grateful if it's a phone call. My daughter was damaged on a face to face before the first lockdown with an NHS physio and we have been fighting them to get any sort of correction/diagnosis ever since.

Thanks Toots.

Maybe I will start taking a bit more care of myself. The thing is that I can still garden (which really only consists of leaning on a gardening fork and some light pruning) and manage a bit of DIY. The latter takes forever but I am not in a rush and get there in the end. In fact there is a sort of half witted satisfaction in the process. As long as the muscle between my ears has not completely seized up, it is fun thinking my way round a problem.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 08, 2021, 09:33:43 AM
Dont answer the phone Borky  , you know it makes sense .

Good thinking.

Maybe I can pretend that it is some sort of internet scam? :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on December 08, 2021, 09:04:28 AM
My knees don't work which makes it difficult to walk so I don't. What happened was that about six months ago I stumbled into my local surgery for a check up and in the course of the conversation happened to mention that my knees were killing me and was there anything that could be done? What I was hoping was that the quack would say sorry old timer, but that is God's way of saying take it easy and spend more time in your garden and in front of your computer.

Instead the little sod set the physiotherapists onto me. Who sent me a list of exercises which I promised to perform faithfully. Which of course I haven't. The way I look at it the whole point of a doctor is that you see him, he gives you a pill and that is that. I don't see how running around like a blue bummed fly is does any good. But now I am due a check up. It will be conducted by via the phone, so in the normal course of events I should be able to bull shit my way out.

Except that I have lost the list of exercises. So God knows how I will be able to flannel my way out of this one.???
The whole new thinking is that exercise will stop the need for pills because keeping moving will keep said joints lubricated. There is a raft of alternative options that I use that do help. PM me if you'd like info. Apart from that be grateful if it's a phone call. My daughter was damaged on a face to face before the first lockdown with an NHS physio and we have been fighting them to get any sort of correction/diagnosis ever since.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 08, 2021, 09:04:28 AM

Instead the little sod set the physiotherapists onto me. Who sent me a list of exercises which I promised to perform faithfully. Which of course I haven't. 
I have no sympathy for self inflicted injuries.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Dont answer the phone Borky  , you know it makes sense . 

Borchester

My knees don't work which makes it difficult to walk so I don't. What happened was that about six months ago I stumbled into my local surgery for a check up and in the course of the conversation happened to mention that my knees were killing me and was there anything that could be done? What I was hoping was that the quack would say sorry old timer, but that is God's way of saying take it easy and spend more time in your garden and in front of your computer.

Instead the little sod set the physiotherapists onto me. Who sent me a list of exercises which I promised to perform faithfully. Which of course I haven't. The way I look at it the whole point of a doctor is that you see him, he gives you a pill and that is that. I don't see how running around like a blue bummed fly is does any good. But now I am due a check up. It will be conducted by via the phone, so in the normal course of events I should be able to bull shit my way out.

Except that I have lost the list of exercises. So God knows how I will be able to flannel my way out of this one.???
Algerie Francais !