UK signs another trade deal.

Started by Nick, December 16, 2021, 11:14:10 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on December 17, 2021, 08:16:54 AM
It isn't ok. But the EU is not our responsibility. We have abdicated any say in it. Our own nation and government is our responsibility.
Nicks op is making a positive brexit point , and my understanding of your post in reply is to rubbish it by hinting at trade with our nearest neighbours( the eu ) is a positive and throwing climate change into the mix as a further reason , and im simply pointing out the EU trades with the other side of the planet too negating your point.

The idea any nation or supra national entity on this planet is going to put climate change above the economy in my opinion is pie in the sky . Hence , while china and other like india continue to knock out cheap goods , the west will continue to buy.

Trade with the other side of the planet has been going on since westmisnter started colonising the world hundreds of years ago . Its nothing new , and england got extremely rich on it , and its not something westmisnter , including new labour as well as tory , are ever going to give up lightly. On top of that , the trade with the nearest neighbours stuff is historically bollix when you consider england was at war for centuries non stop with its nearest neighbours , barely traded withthem , and countires like france next door to you had a trade embargo against england for centuries.

Thats what globalists like keir starmer and tony blair want , trade with the growing economies on the other side of the planet.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

srb7677

Quote from: Thomas on December 17, 2021, 07:48:52 AMWhy is it ok for the EU , ( general silence on the issue) but not ok for the uk to import stuff from the other side of the planet because of climate change?
It isn't ok. But the EU is not our responsibility. We have abdicated any say in it. Our own nation and government is our responsibility.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 17, 2021, 07:55:14 AM
Bit tricky if we are all going to become vegetarians
London and southern england will be well under water by the time you all become vegans borkie.

Reminds me of that old joke , i was in a pub and went up to a fat burd and said "christ your a big lassie hen"

She said " tell me something i dont know!"

I replied "salad tastes good":)

( dont remember anything after that)

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on December 16, 2021, 11:40:12 PM
Save the planet. Stop farting. lol

Bit tricky if we are all going to become vegetarians
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on December 16, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
So how is an increase in trade from the other side of the planet going to help on the carbon emissions front? And how likely is it that agricultural products from 12k miles away are going to be cheaper than home grown or stuff imported from nearby? This is virtually meaningless as any kind of deal.
Sorry steve , im not sure how you can make a political point scoring issue out of this regarding climate when labours beloved EU have been increasingly importing stuff from the other side of the planet for years now.

1 in 5 goods circulating the european union are chinese manufactured. Why is it ok for the EU , ( general silence on the issue) but not ok for the uk to import stuff from the other side of the planet because of climate change?

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on December 16, 2021, 11:37:13 PM
As for Carbon: that's old news, science is moving away from it now and instead focusing on Methane.
Save the planet. Stop farting. lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Nick

Quote from: srb7677 on December 16, 2021, 11:22:28 PM
So how is an increase in trade from the other side of the planet going to help on the carbon emissions front? And how likely is it that agricultural products from 12k miles away are going to be cheaper than home grown or stuff imported from nearby? This is virtually meaningless as any kind of deal.
You're either too young or choose not to remember when lamb and beef used to flow from that region to the UK. New Zealand lamb was in every supermarket known to man, and transport was way slower than it is now. If the deal is so lame how come the EU is desperately trying to get a one?

As for Carbon: that's old news, science is moving away from it now and instead focusing on Methane.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Nick

The UK has signed a NEW, not rolled over from the EU, deal with Australia in less than a year, something the EU only dreams of.

It is also a massive opener into the Asia-pacific region, a nice Christmas Present ;)

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9204/
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.