Lord Frost walks out

Started by Streetwalker, December 18, 2021, 08:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2021, 08:30:58 PM
I admit that when I first saw this report a few minutes ago my heart sank. Rats leaving a sinking ship came to mind. It hardly matters what anyone says are the reasons. We are only told what they want us to know so we might never know the real reasons and already I have seen varying reports.

What it does tell us is that things are far worse in Westminster than it seems and BJ should now resign as quickly as possible. If he can't retain those nearest to him either by his policies or because of a complete breakdown of discipline then this is the moment when the country should come first. If ever there was a moment when Westminster must be seen to do the right thing it is now. There has been a general downward spiral since Blair and we have never recovered. This is now time for all sides of the house to pick up the country because it is the national interest both at home and abroad that is in peril now.
I think this clearly shows johnson is in far deeper trouble than we first thought. Many issues at play here that are still simmering away including the inability to take northern ireland out of the EU .

Many thought and predicted johnson would simply try and kick the ball into the long grass over N.I , but its not working out for him . Unionist fury grows more and more by the day.

On top of that , time and again , we are hearing both tory voters and politicians including the grass roots, are increasingly getting fed up with is faffing about over covid , and green issues.

I see ruth davidson yet again  , no friend of bojo as we know and pro european is out attacking him once more , saying the tories want a more sober serious pm and that one more strike and hes out.

T00ts

I admit that when I first saw this report a few minutes ago my heart sank. Rats leaving a sinking ship came to mind. It hardly matters what anyone says are the reasons. We are only told what they want us to know so we might never know the real reasons and already I have seen varying reports. 

What it does tell us is that things are far worse in Westminster than it seems and BJ should now resign as quickly as possible. If he can't retain those nearest to him either by his policies or because of a complete breakdown of discipline then this is the moment when the country should come first. If ever there was a moment when Westminster must be seen to do the right thing it is now. There has been a general downward spiral since Blair and we have never recovered. This is now time for all sides of the house to pick up the country because it is the national interest both at home and abroad that is in peril now.

Thomas

What is going on across the world at the minute. ?

Prompted by gerrys latest tedious brexit lecture , i was reading there about carbon taxes across the eu and the western world , and how they are hated by the vast majority despite politicians  , economists and thier pet media trying desperately to sell them.

Johnson appears to be on board with all this to the fury of tory party members politicians and voters.

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2021, 08:06:49 PM
Brexit news: Frost RESIGNS - Bombshell as minister 'quits Boris Johnson's cabinet' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Another Brexit minister goes appearing it seems after capitulating  in the latest round of taking it up the rear from our EU masters

Brexit latest: Lord Frost retreating! Article 16 fury erupts as UK 'falls into line' with | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Get Brexit done ?  Sorry Johnson but nowhere near it . Goodbye .

The newspaper said Frost's departure had been prompted by the introduction of additional COVID measures, including Covid passes, a broader discontent with tax rises and the cost of 'net zero' environmental policies.
https://www.gbnews.uk/news/brexit-minister-lord-frost-resigns-over-political-direction-of-boris-johnson/185912

Streetwalker

Brexit news: Frost RESIGNS - Bombshell as minister 'quits Boris Johnson's cabinet' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Another Brexit minister goes appearing it seems after capitulating  in the latest round of taking it up the rear from our EU masters 

Brexit latest: Lord Frost retreating! Article 16 fury erupts as UK 'falls into line' with | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Get Brexit done ?  Sorry Johnson but nowhere near it . Goodbye .